• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franck Kessié

We wont be giving anyone 300k a week unless they are Kane status.

He may get the 200k a week ndombele gets (especially as we know he will be off the wage bill soon) but imo not a chance he will get a penny more from us.

He may get the 200k a week ndombele gets (especially as we know he will be off the wage bill soon) but imo not a chance he will get a penny more from us.

Its in place of a transfer fee, though granted it might be structured differently e.g. signing bonus, but if the £160k net is right then thats around £300k per tax in whatever form it takes

200k for a player that is not really proven? I hope we don’t just chuck money about for the sake of it. The same hype and player as Partey and he has not exactly set the prem alight.

£300k a week for Kessie on a free is a far cheaper deal than Ndombele’s at Spurs (£75m over 5 years versus £110m)

200k for a player that is not really proven? I hope we don’t just chuck money about for the sake of it. The same hype and player as Partey and he has not exactly set the prem alight.
Partey is costing £110m in total according to sky
That’s scary
This would cost us £78m which is crazy money still when you factor it all in

Depends what you mean by proven.

Partey injuries wrecked him. Which is a possibility for any player.

He looked good early on. Got injured then kept on getting injured. Never recovered.
I thought he has looked Average at arsenal consistently
He looked too drawer at atletico
He hasn’t had any major injuries yet form what I remember
Several minor ones

Several minor ones

You might be right. I don't really pay that much attention to them. Just watch the games with my mates who are arsenal fans in the pub.

Several minor ones

Yeah i seem to remember there being the usual questions raised after his opening few games were pretty average

£300k a week for Kessie on a free is a far cheaper deal than Ndombele’s at Spurs (£75m over 5 years versus £110m)

Sets a dangerous precedent though for other players, especially when renewing their contracts with us.

I agree over pay a bit as its a free and to beat the competition, but personally I wouldn’t go above £200k a week. I’d like him but unless we think he’s going to be absolutely unreal, I wouldn’t be giving him more than the 200 personally.

Sets a dangerous precedent though for other players, especially when renewing their contracts with us.

I agree over pay a bit as its a free and to beat the competition, but personally I wouldn’t go above £200k a week. I’d like him but unless we think he’s going to be absolutely unreal, I wouldn’t be giving him more than the 200 personally.

And if that means not getting him? Having to spend £50m and £150k a week on someone else?

Don't get me wrong, i agree with you to an extent. It will encourage everyone else to ask for more or run their contracts down. It's a tough call.

Really hope salary caps are brought in.

True in itself.

Wages is always, 100%, money gone out of the club.

Transfer fees can be offset by selling the player at a later stage. Yes, perhaps we could sell Kessie at some point and get some money in. However, massive wages will almost always make a sale that much more difficult, often it will drive down transfer fees.

Then the impact on the wages of other players. I rate Kessie, but still, its he the player we break (or demolish) our wage structure to get?

Part of the problem with Ndombele is the massive total cost of the deal of he doesn't come good. He was poor record signing on massive wages. If that's the benchmark it's the highest possible benchmark.

Not against signing Kessie at all, but the wages being talked about certainly leave some doubt in my mind.

Back