• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

I thought this changed a year or two ago, and now it went to 7th in the league (cf losing finalists) if the winners are already in the top 5?

If not, now Sheff Utd or Wigan are in the final, it'll only go to the top 6. So basically we can't get caught by both United and Everton.

It has changed back again.

No more cup runners-up in the UEFA Europa League

In the club competitions, and more specifically the UEFA Europa League, the question of whether domestic cup runners-up should qualify if cup winners qualify for the UEFA Champions League was once again debated. Most national associations thought this rule should be changed so that the place reserved for the domestic cup winner would go to the best-placed club in the league championship that had not already qualified for a UEFA competition. This change should come into force from the 2015/16 season.

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/EuroExperience/uefaorg/Publications/02/01/17/30/2011730_DOWNLOAD.pdf

You just know if we finish 7th, England will get a Fair-Play spot and we will end up in the 1st qualifying round of the EL. Its absolutely nailed on.
Depends on your take on the competition.
I want Spurs to be playing European football every season, if it cant be the CL then so be it, EL it is. But I dont want to see us us starting on the 31st July (3rd qual) let alone the 3rd July (1st qual), so we need to be finishing 5th, just in case Arsenal b@lls up the FA Cup.

If you dont want us in the EL next season, we would have to finish 8th to make sure of that, because I will guarantee if we finish 7th, we will end up getting that Fair Play spot

Following on from the above post.

In this mad season, tomorrow may well see another twist, although I doubt it, but after another late Everton winner the chance of us finishing 7th is getting more likely than finishing 4th, so this table is going to be more important than ever

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fair-play.html

Currently a few matches behind, so wont include Kabouls red last week, but should we finish 7th and that FP table stays like that we are going to end up as England's representative as the the highest ranked team not already qualified for the CL or EL
IIRC the 3 countries with the best fair play record are awarded an extra place (but in the EL 1st Qualifying round). I think it was Liverpool who got it last season but England were only ranked 9th and Sweden,Norway and Finland got an extra spot.

You just know if we do end up 7th, England will be in that top 3, and our season with be starting on 31st July

Personally I still think we need a European competition to play in and would see anything below sixth as a monumental **** up. Three weeks ago I doubted Everton and UTD would jump us, but right now I don't have that confidence.

A win against the scum and it is all on again...........Arsnl present us with two goals, a penalty and have a man sent off unfairly after two minutes,

Lamela gets fit and plays for this Argentina place, Soldado suddenly finds his scoring boots, Townsend replaces Lennon and scores a hatful with his long rangers, Paulinho starts playing like a Brazilian international, Verts and Lloris start to find last seasons form and we dont get any more injuries.

I know, I know.........

A win against the scum and it is all on again...........Arsnl present us with two goals, a penalty and have a man sent off unfairly after two minutes,

Lamela gets fit and plays for this Argentina place, Soldado suddenly finds his scoring boots, Townsend replaces Lennon and scores a hatful with his long rangers, Paulinho starts playing like a Brazilian international, Verts and Lloris start to find last seasons form and we dont get any more injuries.

I know, I know.........

weve got to stop doing this to ourselves Pirate.... tomorrow will probably kill all hope.

Personally I still think we need a European competition to play in and would see anything below sixth as a monumental **** up. Three weeks ago I doubted Everton and UTD would jump us, but right now I don't have that confidence.

Totally agree, I'm all for playing in the EL if we arent good enough to qualify for the CL, (After seeing our performance v Benfica I think though that EL is our level), but not too keen on starting our season in July. No lower than 6th please Spurs

I know, I know.........

weve got to stop doing this to ourselves Pirate.... tomorrow will probably kill all hope.

Last edited:
Totally agree, I'm all for playing in the EL if we arent good enough to qualify for the CL, (After seeing our performance v Benfica I think though that EL is our level), but not too keen on starting our season in July. No lower than 6th please Spurs

Especially in a World Cup year. That would be brutal.

Assuming Emirates Marketing Project win at least 1 of their 3 games in hand, that leaves Spurs effectively 10 points off 4th place :(

Think we can close this thread now, or retitle it "Can we avoid seventh"

It could be a close run race for 5th place if Eveton and ManU win their games in hand :-k

Absolutely no chance will everton finish above us.

What matches do goons and Liverpool have? Want to do that predictor but dont want to sign up...

What matches do goons and Liverpool have? Want to do that predictor but dont want to sign up...

Er, ok. Care to enlighten us to why that is? Because from where I'm sitting the mathematical equation is telling me 5th is now out of our hands.

Why not? There huge potential for a complete collapse now with players with nothingthey feel worth playing for and with a manager that wont be there next season.

Looks like we'll be wanting a favour from West Ham tonight. :~

Unlike some i still want us in Europe next year. The group stage is easy so we can use our squad, and when it gets interesting after Feb it gives us something to go for. So i want us in the Europa.

As for this game. Well if the Spammers win then good that it keeps Man Yoo below us, if they lost then good as they are heading back down the table. So win win situation for me :)

Back