• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

I know it's been a strange old season, but I honestly can't remember a time when the Top 4 in the league have all finished on 80+ points.

Still a lot of twists in this one.

I actually think Man UTD will get something from their game against Liverpool. I know they have been playing badly, but I would expect their best players to really make a point of playing their best in that game.
Also I reckon City and Chelsea will both win their games against Arsenal and Liverpool whilst Everton could take all three points when they play the goons.

For the record I still see us finishing 5th but by a smaller points margin than some expect. A win in the NLD is vital to keep our hopes up, even a draw would end our season.

Re: Is our Premiership season over?

Stoke 1-0 Arsenal
Southampton 2-2 Liverpool
Spurs 3-0 Cardiff
Arsenal 6 points ahead
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Arsenal 2-0 Swansea
Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland
Chelsea 2-0 Spurs
Arsenal 9 points ahead
Liverpool 7 points ahead

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 6 points ahead
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal
Cardiff 1-3 Liverpool
Spurs 2-1 Southampton
Arsenal 3 points ahead
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Arsenal 1-2 Emirates Marketing Project
Liverpool 2-2 Spurs
Arsenal 1 point ahead
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Everton 1-0 Arsenal
West Ham 1-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-0 Sunderland
Arsenal 2 points behind
Liverpool 2 points ahead

Arsenal 3-1 West Ham
Liverpool 2-2 Emirates Marketing Project
West Brom 0-1 Spurs
Arsenal 2 points behind
Liverpool lead on goal difference

Hull 2-1 Arsenal
Norwich 0-3 Liverpool
Spurs 3-1 Fulham
Arsenal 5 points behind
Liverpool lead on goal difference

Arsenal 2-0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea
Stoke 1-1 Spurs
Arsenal 3 points behind
Liverpool 1 point behind

Arsenal 2-0 West Brom
Crystal Palace 1-3 Liverpool
West Ham 0-1 Spurs
Arsenal 3 points behind
Liverpool 1 point behind

Norwich 1-1 Arsenal
Liverpool 3-0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Spurs 2-1 Aston Villa
Arsenal 5 points behind
Liverpool 1 point behind

\o/

Close enough. Now to win the NLD.

With pool out the FA cup and us in the Europa, we are very unlikely to catch them. Unless a key player or two of theirs in injured. They do slip up from time to time, but with just a game a week, they will focus and try to close the games out.

**** maybe more fragile. Again any injuries to key players will have a big impact. They are missing Ramsey already.

You can't see Chelsea or City letting go. Too much quality in depth, but the CL may affect them in the league if they progress.

So all we can do is win as many games as we can. pool and **** are our likely targets.

The prediction was that pool would draw away to Soton. Unfortunately they won and got two extra points. We therefore need to pick up three points from somewhere unexpected. Chelski would be a great place to do it. And about time we had a bit of good fortune against those ****s.

so Liverpools postponed game with Sunderland has been rearranged to the Wednesday before they play us, whilst we have a clear week to prepare

so Liverpools postponed game with Sunderland has been rearranged to the Wednesday before they play us, whilst we have a clear week to prepare

:lol:

On RAWK's Europa League thread there's a couple of pages worth of laughing at us for having to play Benfica just before the game against them. Until they realize the second leg is a week earlier of course.

:lol:

On RAWK's Europa League thread there's a couple of pages worth of laughing at us for having to play Benfica just before the game against them. Until they realize the second leg is a week earlier of course.

They never were the brightest bunch.. :lol:

We can still do this. Not many points away from fourth. We couldn't rely on getting three points yesterday so not much has changed in that respect.

Plus now surely the guys will play with some pride and fire in their bellies.

Our fixtures look much easier than the others too

We can still do this. Not many points away from fourth. We couldn't rely on getting three points yesterday so not much has changed in that respect.

Plus now surely the guys will play with some pride and fire in their bellies.

Our fixtures look much easier than the others too

I like your optimism Luda. Can't see it myself.

The biggest problem for me is the bolded bit. I can't remember when our team last did this.

Attitude is a problem. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's cos we don't have a real talisman at the moment.

That said no team seems to except for Liverpool

Well I always had us down on my predictions as losing yesterday so I guess things are going to plan lol

Just in case we don't get a CL spot, here's how you qualify for the Europa League:

• Win the Europa League.
  • Finish in 5th or 6th place in the league or 4th and 5th(6th) if an English club wins the CL, but finish outside the top 4 (been there, done that).
  • Qualify for a fair play spot.

If the Europa League winner doesn't otherwise qualify, ie. finish outside the top 6 in our case, their country will get an additional spot (no robbing anyone of their spot :()

Winner of the FA Cup enter at the group stage.

The 5th placed team will enter at the playoff stage.

The 6th place team will currently enter in the 3rd qualifying round in place of the League Cup winners.

Should Arsenal win the FA Cup AND qualify for the CL, the losing finalist will get the last spot, but enter in the 3rd qualifying round, while the 5th and 6th placed teams now enter directly into the group stage and playoff stage respectively.

Fair Play winners enter in the 1st qualifying round and England may get one of the 3 fair play spots.

Latest Fair Play rankings:

1 FIN 8.244
2 NOR 8.240
3 SWE 8.171
4 FRA 8.157
5 ENG 8.144

We are currently third in the fair play league, behind Liverpool and Arsenal, with City and Everton in 4th and 5th.

Next season's Europa League winner will be awarded with a Champions League spot.

Just in case we don't get a CL spot, here's how you qualify for the Europa League:

• Win the Europa League.
  • Finish in 5th or 6th place in the league or 4th and 5th(6th) if an English club wins the CL, but finish outside the top 4 (been there, done that).
  • Qualify for a fair play spot.

If the Europa League winner doesn't otherwise qualify, ie. finish outside the top 6 in our case, their country will get an additional spot (no robbing anyone of their spot :()

Winner of the FA Cup enter at the group stage.

The 5th placed team will enter at the playoff stage.

The 6th place team will currently enter in the 3rd qualifying round in place of the League Cup winners.

Should Arsenal or City win the FA Cup AND qualify for the CL, the losing finalist will get the last spot, but enter in the 3rd qualifying round, while the 5th and 6th placed teams now enter directly into the group stage and playoff stage respectively.

Fair Play winners enter in the 1st qualifying round and England may get one of the 3 fair play spots.

Latest Fair Play rankings:

1 FIN 8.244
2 NOR 8.240
3 SWE 8.171
4 FRA 8.157
5 ENG 8.144

We are currently third in the fair play league, behind Liverpool and Arsenal, with City and Everton in 4th and 5th.

Next season's Europa League winner will be awarded with a Champions League spot.

I thought this changed a year or two ago, and now it went to 7th in the league (cf losing finalists) if the winners are already in the top 5?

If not, now Sheff Utd or Wigan are in the final, it'll only go to the top 6. So basically we can't get caught by both United and Everton.

Back