• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

Funnily enough, I've got a strange feeling that it is the Arsnl we coul catch rather than Livercum. They look a bit flakey at the moment. Large loss to the Scum, failed to score against United and were very lucky to beat pool yesterday. They are still in three competitions and have two hard matchs against Bayern in the CL and Everton in the FA Cup.

With this fixture congestion, number of hard games, and a relatively thin squad behind their first team, if they pich up a few key injuries, I could see them dropping quite a few points in the PL.

It would be just fantastic to edge them out of fourth.......[-o<

Funnily enough, I've got a strange feeling that it is the Arsnl we coul catch rather than Livercum. They look a bit flakey at the moment. Large loss to the Scum, failed to score against United and were very lucky to beat pool yesterday. They are still in three competitions and have two hard matchs against Bayern in the CL and Everton in the FA Cup.

With this fixture congestion, number of hard games, and a relatively thin squad behind their first team, if they pich up a few key injuries, I could see them dropping quite a few points in the PL.

It would be just fantastic to edge them out of fourth.......[-o<

Oh, dream on, you know the OMT Gods are too ****ed off to let that happen. :-#

Looking back that win against Everton was huge. They were te better team but we got the points which matters.

By the way Everton are still a very real threat for fourth

My view is different to most in that what you do around those above/immediately below you matters only so much as Arsnela have shown this season. Emirates Marketing Project have the best record against the top sides but have dropped points against the dross wheras Arsenal havent hence why there right up there.

The key in games such as Chelsea, **** and Liverpoo is to not lose so that they cant increase any advantage.

Liverpool are favourites in our game against them as they are home, but if they dont win tahts another home fixture gone... and there away form isnt exactly strong in comparison.

Its the same with Chelsea too who will have their home game against us as a must win but we benefit with a draw or win.

If we beat all the teams below us from now until the end of the season we will get top 4 IMO.

Top 5 cases for and against.............

Chelsea

- A canny man at the helm, a man who is good at rattling other managers cages, a succesful manager who demands and generally gets 110% most of the time squad wise they are extremely strong but with seemingly a massive flaw...they do not have a grade A striker, something which is generally crucial to ensuring trophies and finishing with the title, Eto,Torres and Ba are all decent but not in the world class bracket as say an Aguero/Suarez is, they also look a little vunerable at the back when Captain C**t is missing and Sideshow Bob is asked to fill in. Chelsea seem to be having issues against park the bus teams and a lack of a class striker has and will still hurt them this season....If they had Citys/Pools strikeforce they would be unstopabble. I expect a striker overhaul from them in the summer.

whats the worst can happen to them? an injury to Hazard could be fatal...yes they have others but he is different class!

Arsenal

-oh dear......they have been very consistent since well probably this time last year...early on it was Ramsey who seemed to be chanelling Bale's spirit with some amazing peformances/goals...the main reason they are where they are is because of german centre back and French centre back, I cant even bring myself to credit Polish Goalkeeper because he is that repulsive!!! Defensively they look so solid...even more so at the emirates, I would say there main issue is the same as Chelsea however they have three decent strikers, Arsenal maybe have two in Giroud & Podolski. Interestingly it looks like Wenger is now more open to using two dm...Arteta & Flamini which could actually see them grind out results. They have an amazing defence and midfield but im far from convinced in ol caught in your pants Giroud...interestingly his form could suffer or should i say remain poo poo after recent shenanigans.

Whats the worst that could happen to them? An injury or anything disrupting that effing CB pairing...

Emirates Marketing Project

Ah the juggernaught that is City, they have the best strikeforce in the league, I say this above Liverpool because they have four...pool have two, they look unstoppable at times but they still have massive league games to play away from home, I think they are the most fluent attacking team in the league, even if they have had a wobble recently if they keep certain players fit they should win the league...however they actually lack depth/quality in certain areas and this has really shown recently and could 'do' for them...losing Aguero isnt a problem when you have Negredo,Jovetic & Dzeko to call on...however losing Kompany, Fernandinho and/or Toure would really hurt them...Demechelis looks like a massive liability and I dont think Javi Garcia is suited to the prem...Rodwell who is he? they are bang in trouble if they lose even one of the two cm's for a period of time.

Whats the worst that could happen to them? Losing one of Kompany/Toure for a sustained period...both would be catastrophic!

Liverpool

-They have the best player in the league...no question in my mind...being better than Hazard and Aguero takes some doing but he manages it! arrgh upfront they can be devestating and have that wonderful mix of skill and pace...Gerrard will conduct the orchestra with accurate passing that leaves your mouth gaping! like Hudd used to for us at times...he is also a terrific captain. Now for the bit that gives me some comfort...I think they are weak at the back and I hope they keep persisting with Toure of the Kolo variety but they probably wont...even so I dont think Skrtel or Agger are top notch and I havent seen much of Sakho. Like City they can blow you away if your not careful but you can get goals against them...thats my hope anyway.

whats the worst that could happen to them? either suarez gets injured or he loses the plot again....either way losing him would be a massive blow!

Tottenham

-woo hoo here we go....a team that has struggled with identity, has had some maulings by city and pool...a boxer who has had a right pasting but gets up and fights on...we are the Rocky Balboa of the Epl we refuse to go away. We have the best Goalkeeper in the league, I dont care what anyone says I think Hugo is the biz! we have an excellent squad with excellent depth even if we dont have some players in line with the quality of our rivals, we also have an advantage at the moment that the pressure is off...negative wise we are always prone to conceding goals even though Kabouls recent return has given me some hope, we also struggle sometimes like Chelsea beating the dross because of our lack of options upfront/lack of fluency in midfield.. Hope has also been found in the form of Mr Adebayor who seems to have had a rocket lit between his togolese cheeks by Tim I wear a life preserver Sherwood. For a team that we have all achknowleded as being poo poo this season it aint bad that we are only seven off the top...oh and we are also the kings of away form presently!

Whats the worst that can happen to us? probably an injury to ade at the moment! he really is driving us on at the present (never thought I would say that!)

its an amazing league and I wouldnt rule out Everton for top 4 just yet.....however im tired so.....

Top 5 cases for and against.............

Chelsea

- A canny man at the helm, a man who is good at rattling other managers cages, a succesful manager who demands and generally gets 110% most of the time squad wise they are extremely strong but with seemingly a massive flaw...they do not have a grade A striker, something which is generally crucial to ensuring trophies and finishing with the title, Eto,Torres and Ba are all decent but not in the world class bracket as say an Aguero/Suarez is, they also look a little vunerable at the back when Captain C**t is missing and Sideshow Bob is asked to fill in. Chelsea seem to be having issues against park the bus teams and a lack of a class striker has and will still hurt them this season....If they had Citys/Pools strikeforce they would be unstopabble. I expect a striker overhaul from them in the summer.

whats the worst can happen to them? an injury to Hazard could be fatal...yes they have others but he is different class!

Arsenal

-oh dear......they have been very consistent since well probably this time last year...early on it was Ramsey who seemed to be chanelling Bale's spirit with some amazing peformances/goals...the main reason they are where they are is because of german centre back and French centre back, I cant even bring myself to credit Polish Goalkeeper because he is that repulsive!!! Defensively they look so solid...even more so at the emirates, I would say there main issue is the same as Chelsea however they have three decent strikers, Arsenal maybe have two in Giroud & Podolski. Interestingly it looks like Wenger is now more open to using two dm...Arteta & Flamini which could actually see them grind out results. They have an amazing defence and midfield but im far from convinced in ol caught in your pants Giroud...interestingly his form could suffer or should i say remain poo poo after recent shenanigans.

Whats the worst that could happen to them? An injury or anything disrupting that effing CB pairing...

Emirates Marketing Project

Ah the juggernaught that is City, they have the best strikeforce in the league, I say this above Liverpool because they have four...pool have two, they look unstoppable at times but they still have massive league games to play away from home, I think they are the most fluent attacking team in the league, even if they have had a wobble recently if they keep certain players fit they should win the league...however they actually lack depth/quality in certain areas and this has really shown recently and could 'do' for them...losing Aguero isnt a problem when you have Negredo,Jovetic & Dzeko to call on...however losing Kompany, Fernandinho and/or Toure would really hurt them...Demechelis looks like a massive liability and I dont think Javi Garcia is suited to the prem...Rodwell who is he? they are bang in trouble if they lose even one of the two cm's for a period of time.

Whats the worst that could happen to them? Losing one of Kompany/Toure for a sustained period...both would be catastrophic!

Liverpool

-They have the best player in the league...no question in my mind...being better than Hazard and Aguero takes some doing but he manages it! arrgh upfront they can be devestating and have that wonderful mix of skill and pace...Gerrard will conduct the orchestra with accurate passing that leaves your mouth gaping! like Hudd used to for us at times...he is also a terrific captain. Now for the bit that gives me some comfort...I think they are weak at the back and I hope they keep persisting with Toure of the Kolo variety but they probably wont...even so I dont think Skrtel or Agger are top notch and I havent seen much of Sakho. Like City they can blow you away if your not careful but you can get goals against them...thats my hope anyway.

whats the worst that could happen to them? either suarez gets injured or he loses the plot again....either way losing him would be a massive blow!

Tottenham

-woo hoo here we go....a team that has struggled with identity, has had some maulings by city and pool...a boxer who has had a right pasting but gets up and fights on...we are the Rocky Balboa of the Epl we refuse to go away. We have the best Goalkeeper in the league, I dont care what anyone says I think Hugo is the biz! we have an excellent squad with excellent depth even if we dont have some players in line with the quality of our rivals, we also have an advantage at the moment that the pressure is off...negative wise we are always prone to conceding goals even though Kabouls recent return has given me some hope, we also struggle sometimes like Chelsea beating the dross because of our lack of options upfront/lack of fluency in midfield.. Hope has also been found in the form of Mr Adebayor who seems to have had a rocket lit between his togolese cheeks by Tim I wear a life preserver Sherwood. For a team that we have all achknowleded as being poo poo this season it aint bad that we are only seven off the top...oh and we are also the kings of away form presently!

Whats the worst that can happen to us? probably an injury to ade at the moment! he really is driving us on at the present (never thought I would say that!)

its an amazing league and I wouldnt rule out Everton for top 4 just yet.....however im tired so.....

Brill analysis, Nigeyman. I particularly like the thought of us as Rocky.

Eye of the Tiger. I can hear it now.......and we all know how that ends!

Brill analysis, Nigeyman. I particularly like the thought of us as Rocky.

Eye of the Tiger. I can hear it now.......and we all know how that ends!

ta Pirate....I dont like wishing injuries on anyone.....even the other lot....but that cb pairing needs disrupting......

perfection is hard to achieve but as I have tried to point out I think each team has notable flaws.

ta Pirate....I dont like wishing injuries on anyone.....even the other lot....but that cb pairing needs disrupting......

perfection is hard to achieve but as I have tried to point out I think each team has notable flaws.

I agree, but we have already had more than our fair share of injuries to key players this season - especially Verts, Kaboul, Sandro, Townsend, Pauli, Townsend, Lamela, Rose. Regression towards mean would suggest its time others suffered too. If they occurred in the positions you identified Above, I wouldn't be too unhappy.

I can't help but think of this every time I see the thread title...

leon-stansfield-everyone.gif

Attachments

• leon-stansfield-everyone.gif
    leon-stansfield-everyone.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 10
Is our Premiership season over?

6 points behind Liverpool, 7 if you factor in goal difference. Serving up performances like the one today.

Is our Premiership season over? Or was this result just a blip?

Re: Is our Premiership season over?

With the March fixtures, and the performance we showed today...i'm not full of confidence to say the least!

We've never got going all season have we. Can't see us doing it now with some of the games we have coming up. Takes us an hour to get going, unfortunately that's too late when you play the top teams, Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project can kill you off in 20 minutes if they hit form.

Liverpool are flying and score goals for fun, we just don't have enough players who can score frequently enough.

Need another 6 wins to get 5th I think. Finishing any lower is unacceptable really.

It's obviously not officially over. But we're obviously not going to get 4th... and I don't want 5th. They've killed the europa league with the format and bringing in the cl teams and such; so **** it!!! The best chance we have of anything is wining the europa (irony!!!!); but again, I just think Tim is the worst manager I've seen at Spurs and undoubtedly we'll be lucky to scrape a draw on thursday and get knocked out there too.

Well. It's hard to say it's not. 7 points off getting above Liverpool. March is either going to make us or kill us.

Everyone saying Liverpool on fire. But I don't think scraping a win v Fulham and scoring more than Swansea is a real sign of quality either.

We need real help now though. And I don't think are that lucky.

Back