• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

The only thing that would actually make it interesting again, was something Eccelstone actually had plans for, namely sprinklers.
Randomly spraying the track with water would be epic! Only give the teams information like there's a 60% chance of rain in 30 minutes, but no info of how long it'll last. Would make it really entertaining.

The only thing that would actually make it interesting again, was something Eccelstone actually had plans for, namely sprinklers.
Randomly spraying the track with water would be epic! Only give the teams information like there's a 60% chance of rain in 30 minutes, but no info of how long it'll last. Would make it really entertaining.

I disagree, I think there is an easier way, let them spend as much money and test as much as they want.

I have to say as much as I am finding modern F1 boring as hell, I'm well into the F1 for success podcasts, funny and give great insight to F1 years gone by

Anything on horizon to say next years going to be closer?

not really

it’s not so much about what red bull are doing, which they are doing extremely competently it has to be said, it’s that Mercedes and Ferrari have completely fudged up their car development in the last couple of years

it’ll take another 2/3 years to catch up, unless red bull do something stupid, with Newey around that’s unlikely, although, Horner is still there I guess

not really

it’s not so much about what red bull are doing, which they are doing extremely competently it has to be said, it’s that Mercedes and Ferrari have completely fudged up their car development in the last couple of years

it’ll take another 2/3 years to catch up, unless red bull do something stupid, with Newey around that’s unlikely, although, Horner is still there I guess

They should sand bag winning cars in subsequent seasons if the winning margin crosses a threshold. A bit like with horse racing?

They should sand bag winning cars in subsequent seasons if the winning margin crosses a threshold. A bit like with horse racing?
I've always been in favour of races starting in reverse championship order (or last year's results for the first race).

The argument against was always that the fans would lose out as Saturday qualifying would be irrelevant. With the introduction of sprint races I don't think that argument has any value. Saturday short qualifying and a sprint race, Sunday GP in reverse championship order.

Fixes almost all the problems overnight.

I've always been in favour of races starting in reverse championship order (or last year's results for the first race).

The argument against was always that the fans would lose out as Saturday qualifying would be irrelevant. With the introduction of sprint races I don't think that argument has any value. Saturday short qualifying and a sprint race, Sunday GP in reverse championship order.

The best races I have seen recently are those with grid penalties and drivers having to fight from the back.

I think its a great idea TBH

I think F1 needs fewer gimmicks and restrictions*.

Yes it’s a sport, but it’s also an engineering competition.

*I don’t mean safety ones.

I remember when STCC (Swedish touring car championship) used to have races here at Arctic Circle Racetrack, the podium places got penalised with additional weight (20, 15,10 kg per podium finish, up to a total of 100kg). Something similar could also be an alternative.

I think F1 needs fewer gimmicks and restrictions*.

Yes it’s a sport, but it’s also an engineering competition.

*I don’t mean safety ones.
There aren't really that many restrictions. Most of them are due to safety. There has to be some form of specification, or else it would just be a mess.

Back