• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and Politics

Re: Racist Egyptian Must Play in Tel Aviv

That's kind of the point though. You've now started 2 threads on the racism of the 'apartheid Arabs' and 'Islamo fascists' yet amazingly, despite being on this board for years, you haven't started a thread on them once. An incredible accident I'm sure.

Funnily enough, I don't peruse nott forest boards. You ll have to link me the next time you start a thread on beitar. And I feel almost certain you haven't mentioned beitar on here once so I'm not sure how your views on them are well known. Guess I missed all those threads about them.

And unlike salah, beitar have resorted to arson, chant death to Arabs and have beaten up Arabs because they're Arabs. Rather than refusing to shake hands to male a political statement.

As a point of interest, how do you and yid(Israel) think salah should air his disdain for Israeli policies? His disgust at what they do to the Palestinians?

Edit: And just had a look, you didn't start that thread either. Ok then.

Last edited:

That's kind of the point though. You've now started 2 threads on the racism of the 'apartheid Arabs' and 'Islamo fascists' yet amazingly, despite being on this board for years, you haven't started a thread on them once. An incredible accident I'm sure.

Funnily enough, I don't peruse nott forest boards. You ll have to link me the next time you start a thread on beitar. And I feel almost certain you haven't mentioned beitar on here once so I'm not sure how your views on them are well known. Guess I missed all those threads about them.

And unlike salah, beitar have resorted to arson, chant death to Arabs and have beaten up Arabs because they're Arabs. Rather than refusing to shake hands to male a political statement.

As a point of interest, how do you and yid(Israel) think salah should air his disdain for Israeli policies? His disgust at what they do to the Palestinians?

Saleh is supposed to be a professional football player.

His personal religious or political beliefs should play no part in his professional career.

If he can't manage to separate the two, he shouldn't be playing football.

His personal religious or political beliefs should play no part in his professional career.

To be fair I've agreed with just about everything you've posted on this thread apart from that.

To me it is racism. Or at least racism can't be discounted. Trying to get into the players head I don't think he has an agenda past his hatred of Israel and dare I say them in the same sentence, Jews. To him I don't think it would have made a difference whether it was Maccabi or Beitar that he was playing. He isn't a politician and even though he may have informed political thoughts with depth to them regarding Israel, not engaging with someone on a sporting level to me is the most basic and crude sign of political protest. Football and sport in general is a form of bonding and togetherness, whether it's in the Olympics or on a pitch. If he can't get his act together and play the game, that for me is a sign of disgust on a human level and not a political one. If his political views were so strong I'd like to have seen him air them properly in the context of the game and not the sport itself.

So you know what, after all that I agree with you again stato. He's a footballer, playing for a Swiss team, he's more than welcome to come play in Israel, so go play the game.

I've made the change to the title following opinions from posters that are Israeli or post from Israel. This is clearly a political issue being the general consensus (EDIT)

Will add more once I can sit here and enjoy my drinkie...

Oh and it will open up more topics rather than based on one.

THFC6061, after your eager drive to expose racism in football in the middle east, as I said earlier, I'm eagerly awaiting the thread on beitar. Will be fascinating.

What is it with you and taking any discussion highlighting islamic wrongdoing as a personal attack?

So, after weeks of having a COUGAR DATING banner on this page (happily married thanks) I follow this thread for a day and now the banner has changed to MUSLIM MATRIMONIALS.

Cheers Phil.

The ads are based on your browsing history stored in cookies on your computer not this page's content :D

The ads are based on your browsing history stored in cookies on your computer not this page's content :D

Can't be solely based on that though. And I really don't think the rest of the sites I visit are in line with dating!
Two week old ipad, almost all GG, little bit of BBC and local paper, then lots of browsing for goods, mainly baby stuff and gadgets.

so where do you stand on equality and understanding in the workplace?

im not really sure the "get on with it" approach is a positive one.

so where do you stand on equality and understanding in the workplace?

im not really sure the "get on with it" approach is a positive one.

I have always hated it when politics or religion get involved in sport. I met many people from differing ethnic and cultural groups I would never normally met by playing football and cricket, Sport should help to build bridges not be used to divide us, that's why I can't buy into this "Stand up if you hate Arsenal" crap.

What is it with you and taking any discussion highlighting islamic wrongdoing as a personal attack?

It seems like you have a bit of a chip on your soldier regarding this issue.

Firstly and again and I cannot stress this enough, I did not bring up the Islamic thing. It is the OP and a couple of others who highlighted his 'Islamo-fascism' based on nothing more than their own prejudices and biases and with absolutely no information on Salah's religious beliefs.

Secondly, I couldn't care less if you or anyone else wants to attack Muslims or Islam. Feel free, its a free forum in an (increasingly) free world. I am not a Muslim, do as you please. But if people are going to make up crap and make huge assumptions based on name, then I will say something.

Part of the genius of Israeli propaganda in this conflict recently has been to paint this as a Western, secular, advanced group (Israel) vs the backward, savage Muslims (not Arabs). With recent conflicts, some people lap up this brick.

Tottenham threatened by Al Qaeda over Gareth Bale deal

'Tottenham threatened by Al Qaeda over Gareth Bale deal' is not a headline we expected to have during this transfer window. There have been so many reports surrounding the Welsh international that it's been hard to dismiss anything, but international terrorism isn't something usually associated with the transfer window.

We found the reports on Calciomercato but it's being reported widely in Italy after news agencies there picked it up from Abu Dhabi media, with quotes attributed to Ahmed Al Dossari as threatening Tottenham over the transfer because of their connection with the Jewish community in London.

"Unscrupulous merchants. Jews who will be punished for their greed by the wrath of GHod and by the sound of arms."

Spanish newspaper Marca had been annoying enough for Tottenham supporters but to have to deal with Al Qaeda trying to get in on the act is even more irritating, and entirely ridiculous. Al Qaeda will be trying to use the situation to gain publicity no doubt, but given that the American government has led a shut down of embassies over the last couple of days, you'd think the terrorist organisation had more to think about than Gareth Bale.

Perhaps they're closet Real Madrid fans.

I'm eagerly awaiting the apologists on here to say this is political and not religious in nature.

Of course it's racist, of course its religious.

Is it a threat? No, they've just said some nonsense. Why does that story deserve any more publicity than the GHod-botherer in Oxford Circus?

'Tottenham threatened by Al Qaeda over Gareth Bale deal' is not a headline we expected to have during this transfer window. There have been so many reports surrounding the Welsh international that it's been hard to dismiss anything, but international terrorism isn't something usually associated with the transfer window.

We found the reports on Calciomercato but it's being reported widely in Italy after news agencies there picked it up from Abu Dhabi media, with quotes attributed to Ahmed Al Dossari as threatening Tottenham over the transfer because of their connection with the Jewish community in London.

"Unscrupulous merchants. Jews who will be punished for their greed by the wrath of GHod and by the sound of arms."

Spanish newspaper Marca had been annoying enough for Tottenham supporters but to have to deal with Al Qaeda trying to get in on the act is even more irritating, and entirely ridiculous. Al Qaeda will be trying to use the situation to gain publicity no doubt, but given that the American government has led a shut down of embassies over the last couple of days, you'd think the terrorist organisation had more to think about than Gareth Bale.

Perhaps they're closet Real Madrid fans.

I'm eagerly awaiting the apologists on here to say this is political and not religious in nature.

If this is true (I doubt it is), you can't see the difference between threatening death (to Jews as well) and not shaking hands?

If this is true (I doubt it is), you can't see the difference between threatening death (to Jews as well) and not shaking hands?

Two sides of the same coin, my friend.

Anti-Semitism is rife in the Arab & Islamic world.

Back