• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and Homophobia

"What do you think I fought for at Omaha Beach?" - What do you think my grandpa fought for at Stalingrad? - for our motherland, for our people, for our culture. Our culture. Our way of life. In our point of view sodomy is perversion. Like bestiality for example.
Do not demonize me, I have fella who is gay. I'm freaking fan of Graham Chapman. Nobody's perfect) Nobody shoots gays in the streets, they live their own life, but please do not say its normal, do not say it to my child. Do not let perverts raise children.

You have problems. Why do you think about it so ****ing much? What's 'normal'? Why do you give a **** how anyone enjoys their sexual relations As long as they don't bother you with them, then it should be of ZERO concern! And 'do not let perverts raise children'? Agreed. Do let perverted, twisted, macaronic homophobes raise children. You're right. BTW, you say 'sodomy' is perversion, does that go for hetrosexual sodomy too 'in your culture'? And does your culture also think monkey chanting is OK? Sorry mate, if you want to share 'your culture' with us, then be prepared for these responses.

BTW, what exactly IS the 'Russian way of life' right now? Personally? I know many Russians and find it a fascinating place with some very cool people. There are some who have suffered from decades of being denied access to cosmopolitan life, but hopefully education and immersion can help that. It is possible to retain your 'cultural identity' without marching around hating gay people and thinking it's OK to think of black people in dark ages terminology you know, I'd encourage you to try it my friend, 'tis VERY rewarding...

No wonder footballers are afraid to be openly gay....

the tone of the majority of you are shocking....

being called everything from benders, fags, to what ever else....

Gay people did not choose to be gay just like you did not choose to be your sexuality....

some men sleep with other men.... GET OVER IT!

a lot of you come across as narrow minded and thuggish as the same Chelsea and West Ham fans you critise in the "Yid" debate....

Well said sir =D>

"What do you think I fought for at Omaha Beach?" - What do you think my grandpa fought for at Stalingrad? - for our motherland, for our people, for our culture. Our culture. Our way of life. In our point of view sodomy is perversion. Like bestiality for example.
Do not demonize me, I have fella who is gay. I'm freaking fan of Graham Chapman. Nobody's perfect) Nobody shoots gays in the streets, they live their own life, but please do not say its normal, do not say it to my child. Do not let perverts raise children.

No-one chooses to be gay any more than you chose to be straight.

It's not a perversion, you're born that way; it's genetic, like hair or eye colour and is completely normal in animals, albeit less common than heterosexuality.

I have friends, family members, role models and even idols that are gay. I'd wager you and your child have too.

And, yes, people are killed in the street for being gay; in the UK and more frequently in Russia, Africa and the Middle East.

And btw, no-one's sexuality defines them.

I'm all for football supporting charities, community projects etc but it should'nt be involved with politics. That is a problem for government and society to sort out.

As has been mentioned already, people on the terraces often act completely different to normal. I have no doubt any player, certainly if from a fierce rival, would get abuse. Certainly in the lower leagues, where players have chants about them losing a child etc, there would be horrendous abuse.

TBH I am surprised nobody has made a Ronaldo/Bale joke about this tbh.

No-one chooses to be gay any more than you chose to be straight.

It's not a perversion, you're born that way; it's genetic, like hair or eye colour and is completely normal in animals, albeit less common than heterosexuality.

I have friends, family members, role models and even idols that are gay. I'd wager you and your child have too.

And, yes, people are killed in the street for being gay; in the UK and more frequently in Russia, Africa and the Middle East.

And btw, no-one's sexuality defines them.

Spot on

One other question for the mods here to use as an example, would you ban a forum member for making a homophobic comment even if it was "light". I would say I'd never make a racist joke here but would have no problem making a gay joke for eg.

One other question for the mods here to use as an example, would you ban a forum member for making a homophobic comment even if it was "light". I would say I'd never make a racist joke here but would have no problem making a gay joke for eg.

It is difficult to give a straight yes or no answer because a lot depends on context, whether it was aimed at an individual and on the intent. A homophobic comment could break two or three site rules but that does not necessarily mean that someone would automatically be banned. If it was the first time that you had broken the site rules, we would probably issue a warning unless we thought that it was so far over the line that an straight ban was the only option.

This did make me chuckle

[video=youtube;4qNDon9_82U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qNDon9_82U[/video]

It is difficult to give a straight yes or no answer because a lot depends on context, whether it was aimed at an individual and on the intent. A homophobic comment could break two or three site rules but that does not necessarily mean that someone would automatically be banned. If it was the first time that you had broken the site rules, we would probably issue a warning unless we thought that it was so far over the line that an straight ban was the only option.

I think thats a fair answer. Its a difficult position I guess to consider "Free Speech" and over policing a forum when someone goes over the line, even deciding where that line is.

I think thats a fair answer. Its a difficult position I guess to consider "Free Speech" and over policing a forum when someone goes over the line, even deciding where that line is.

There are three things that we have to consider (off the top of my head). First, we want to keep threads on topic, if someone posts something inflammatory or is just being offensive, the thread will go off topic and arguments frequently spread over into other threads. Second, we want people to feel comfortable posting here, bigoted comments do not make for a welcoming atmosphere where different views can be freely expressed. Thirdly, Google pay the rent and discriminatory language is against their rules. No Google ads, no Glory-Glory.

Russia has so much blood on their hands through history - I'm not surprised at the mindset.

Is it true that it's alao cultural not to show your kids too much affection? What I have been told and it's through people with experience dealing them.

I'm all for football supporting charities, community projects etc but it should'nt be involved with politics. That is a problem for government and society to sort out.

As has been mentioned already, people on the terraces often act completely different to normal. I have no doubt any player, certainly if from a fierce rival, would get abuse. Certainly in the lower leagues, where players have chants about them losing a child etc, there would be horrendous abuse.

TBH I am surprised nobody has made a Ronaldo/Bale joke about this tbh.

I know the both look so camp they must have at the very least tugged each other off, and i have absolutely nothing against. A good way to bond i imagine with your new team mates.

There are three things that we have to consider (off the top of my head). First, we want to keep threads on topic, if someone posts something inflammatory or is just being offensive, the thread will go off topic and arguments frequently spread over into other threads. Second, we want people to feel comfortable posting here, bigoted comments do not make for a welcoming atmosphere where different views can be freely expressed. Thirdly, Google pay the rent and discriminatory language is against their rules. No Google ads, no Glory-Glory.

and fourthly i need to try and out do everyone else in this thread and make a post about how im more liberal then the rest of you

sorry just seems to me everyone in this thread is having a ****ing contest about how it does not bother them so give me a couple of days and i will think up a good one

*for the record the only abuse i ever give is to sol campbell and that has nothing to do with his sexuality or skin colour. Abuse should be for the players that have hurt us not because they like a **** in their ****.

Quite often the ones who slander gay people the most are the ones who are trying to reasert their masculinty to others and to themselves as they can't accept the fact their gay and are trying to trick themselves.

I remember seeing a statistic and what percent of people are gay and it's shockingly high actually. There's no doubt that many people who have posted in this forum are gay and there's nothing wrong with that. Wouldn't be suprised if it's most of the people trying to reassert their hetrosexuality.

It sounds like a lot of people on here don't have the concept of freedom of choice in life. If you stay within the boundaries of the law then you are able to conduct your life how ever you wish to. It seems that when granted the freedom of speech they think that it entitles them to be able to bully people with there own narrow minded views. Perhaps one day when they are able to find out how to use there prehensile thumb and be able to distinguish them selfs from apes , they will then be able to master the concept of speech and be able to join the human race. Until that time I think that any comments made by them should be left in the cage that they are kept in .

Quite often the ones who slander gay people the most are the ones who are trying to reasert their masculinty to others and to themselves as they can't accept the fact their gay and are trying to trick themselves.

I remember seeing a statistic and what percent of people are gay and it's shockingly high actually. There's no doubt that many people who have posted in this forum are gay and there's nothing wrong with that. Wouldn't be suprised if it's most of the people trying to reassert their hetrosexuality.

It's about 6%.

So 1.5 players in every 25 man squad.

Oh what ********! How about showing some respect for the human ****ing race! Stop hiding behind the 'my culture' argument, unless you only ever intend to LIVE WITHIN your 'culture'...'respect'...you want 'respect' for what exactly?

Has he actually demanded or wanted or asked for respect?
He's just commented that no respect was shown for his view (which is true) and how he also has no respect for a thing which, in our culture, gets more respect.
It is a Western forum but there is some glorious Western arrogance about our views being enlightened and better than those held by many other countries, peoples, cultures. A phenomenon which covers a number of issues and places.
It's a narrow and time-limited view. Some things gradually change over time at their pace. And yet some feel the need to push and make their mark and strain to make their little selfish indelible mark because their views happen to be prevalent at a certain point in time - like say the ridiculous legal wrangling over marriage recently.

Ive never really bought that line of thinking, just seems a cheap and hypocritical way to cause offense by labelling someone gay.

People are gay... Get over it.

Some people dislike homosexuality...maybe we'd do well to get over that as well

Back