• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and Homophobia

You're right - I wasn't correct with definitions, it's all about immoral. Why is it immoral? cos it's a perversion like incest, pedophilia etc. and propaganda of perversion is immoral. I know well you don't count homosexuality as perversion, but that's how it is in Russia and not only in Russia.

As for my question about incest and pedophilia in Europe - I just need your view about it cos I don't believe official media in Russia. You know how it is - first gay marriage then incest and pedophilia - Europe is rotten to the core!!
After your posts and some investigation I've found -- it is a question of decriminalization of incest, not propaganda. In fact incest is legal in Russia and always was. In this case Russia is more liberal than Europe. As for pedophilia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vereniging_Martijn - "However this decision was overturned by a higher court." - that was a real shocker in Russia. It's really disgusting but to say frankly I don't think there is a tendency.

It's immoral because it's a perversion, but why is it a perversion? (Please, please, please don't answer "because it's immoral ;)) Stating that something is perverted and thus wrong is no more rational than stating that something is immoral and thus wrong.

Many things have been accepted as perversions in many societies only for that view to change over time. Without a rational reason I don't see why history is your aid in this debate.

The "slippery slope argument" of acceptance of homosexuality and homosexual marriage/adoption will lead to incest, pedophilia and bestiality is prevalent in the west as well as in Russia among those fighting against equal treatment. However I don't know of any serious movement of any considerable size that are fighting for the latter of those. The argument falls flat on it's face either way in my opinion, and not just because any slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy on it's own.

The main word here is consent. Two adults that have consensual sex, or consent to get married, live together or do just about whatever they please that doesn't hurt anyone else is, and should be, accepted. Most sane people would agree that children can't consent to sex or marriage. So an argument supporting that adults that consent should be allowed to get married in no way shape or form support pedophilia (or for that matter bestiality as animals can't consent either).

As for the Dutch organization, I'm not so sure. In the end freedom of speech trumps just about everything and as much as I disagree with their message I won't disagree with their right to advocate their opinion. Much like I won't disagree with the right for homophobic bigots to voice their opinion on marriage and other issues...

To the posters backing homosexuality: Why should homosexuality be legal and incest illegal?

Not saying I disagree with homosexuality or agree with incest, but a lot of the arguments used here such as 'people should be able to do what they want with their private life' would hold up for incest. Saying homosexuality is genetically determined (I do not agree) can also be equated with saying 'love is blind, that's why I'm f*cking my sister'.

The only plausible reason for me is the detriment generations of consistent inbreeding might do to the gene pool, but that should not make the simple act of sex between siblings illegal, and anyway, arguably our liberal values afford people to cause much more harm to themselves and others through cigarettes and alcohol (including literal alterations in genes caused by cancer), than the slow process of an inbreeding family might.

Values are funny things. They are defended to the hills, people's opinions on them are immovable, and yet they are often illogically founded.

I think you bring up a good argument yourself. Detriment to the gene pool and the problems suffered by the children of those relationships seems pretty convincing to me.

It seems to me that the scientific evidence at the very least strongly suggests that there is a biological/genetic component to homosexuality. Sexual orientation seemingly doesn't fall into two strict opposite groups of "gay and straight" and more likely exists along a continuum of various orientations. I think it's quite likely that there is a social and societal element to where people end up on that spectrum (nothing wrong with that), but that there's a biological/genetic component (imo very significant) that contributes I thought was almost undeniable from a scientific standpoint at this point.

It's immoral because it's a perversion, but why is it a perversion? (Please, please, please don't answer "because it's immoral ;)) Stating that something is perverted and thus wrong is no more rational than stating that something is immoral and thus wrong.

As for the Dutch organization, I'm not so sure. In the end freedom of speech trumps just about everything and as much as I disagree with their message I won't disagree with their right to advocate their opinion. Much like I won't disagree with the right for homophobic bigots to voice their opinion on marriage and other issues...

It's immoral cos leading to zero. Dead end for Human race. This is the core of homosexuality. General line. IMO. That's how my folk feels. And China, Islam, Israel, Poland etc.

As for the Dutch organization - I'm shocked. Propaganda of incest has right to be? You know propaganda of homophobia is prohibited by law in many europian countries? And yes, in Holland too. where is the line?

It's immoral cos leading to zero. Dead end for Human race. This is the core of homosexuality. General line. IMO. That's how my folk feels. And China, Islam, Israel, Poland etc.

As for the Dutch organization - I'm shocked. Propaganda of incest has right to be? You know propaganda of homophobia is prohibited by law in many europian countries? And yes, in Holland too. where is the line?

How does it "lead to zero and a dead end for the human race"? I see no logical or rational way that could be the case, you really have to support that kind of statement with some logic or evidence or something.

Freedom of speech is (pretty much) an absolute for me. And that agrees giving freedom of speech to people I disagree completely with. Exceptions should be incitements to violence and a couple of others, but that's it. I have serious doubts about hate speech laws, although that's a debate for a different day in a different thread.

If what you're talking about here is what's presented here (and assuming that this wiki article is accurate, I'm just assuming so as you gave no source to your claim and I can't be bothered thoroughly looking this up): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobic_propaganda

The Netherlands:

On July 1, 1987 in the Netherlands joined the Dutch Penal code, which established punishment for public defamations on the basis of sexual orientation as fees or imprisonment for up to two years.[7]

Most the other countries listed there are similar "defamations, threats etc" laws. That's not the same as "laws against propaganda of homophobia" as you presented it, people are still allowed to be homophobic bigots and present their opinion as propaganda or otherwise. Laws are in place protecting individuals against threats and defamations. Please present a link to what you're talking about if this wasn't it.

I think you bring up a good argument yourself. Detriment to the gene pool and the problems suffered by the children of those relationships seems pretty convincing to me.

It seems to me that the scientific evidence at the very least strongly suggests that there is a biological/genetic component to homosexuality. Sexual orientation seemingly doesn't fall into two strict opposite groups of "gay and straight" and more likely exists along a continuum of various orientations. I think it's quite likely that there is a social and societal element to where people end up on that spectrum (nothing wrong with that), but that there's a biological/genetic component (imo very significant) that contributes I thought was almost undeniable from a scientific standpoint at this point.

That was all I meant. That there is a genetic component does not mean it is a genetically determined fact such as sex or skin colour, areas in which discrimination is a clear-cut issue.

Upbringing and immediate social influences will have an undeniably larger effect on 'gender'/homosexuality than they ever could on these characteristics. Whether its roots are primarily biological or social, I think the acceptability of homosexuality is similar to that of drug abuse - it depends who you are and at what time (the accepted opium dens of the rich whites in America vs Californian Chinese opium dens which sparked its prohibition across the US in order to ostracise a Chinese immigrant population taking white Americans' jobs; or in the present bankers snorting coke vs unemployed crack smokers) - and thus the manifestation of any genetic influences in a society are going to mitigated largely by the conditions of that society. Pretty sure it was commonplace in several previous societies (such as in Rome), for powerful men to have a wife but to also have a male (often a young boy) for further physical pleasure.

Regarding the detriment to society of incest vs homosexuality - in Europe there is no need for a high birth rate, what we lose in a birth rate of less than 2 we gain in immigration. But supposing we were in need of a high birth rate and could not attract immigrants, surely then it would be to the direct detriment of society to be homosexual, reducing the reproductive power of society? In such a case you could make a socio-economic argument for the prohibition of homosexuality. It might even make incest acceptable - what is lost in genetic degradation could be gained in economic productivity, alleviating poverty and allowing these inbred kids a better upbringing to outweigh their potential biological deficiencies.

I think generations of inbreeding would cause significant detriment to the gene pool, but I was not operating on the assumption that incest would take up some cult-like status where it is repeated continually down a family line (at least not en masse), more that a family member would become the equivalent to the other 7bn people in the world who are not family members and one could have sex with them if they so desired. An even one occasional generation of incestuous reproduction would probably do little to affect the gene pool negatively.

Anyway, people are born with genetic defects even when two unrelated individuals conceive them, we endeavour to incorporate them into society and do not prevent them from reproducing even though they are a clear risk to the optimal health of the gene pool (although Sweden and the US only gave up sterilisation of the mentally disabled about 40 years ago...). Why should we stop individuals from pursuing their desires based on genetic grounds when these genetic defects are an accepted part of society that we are (mostly) happy to support through taxes and health insurance schemes? Tied into the liberal ideas upon which we base our stance on homosexuality are a respect for the power of human cognition and rationality (whether correct or not). In relation to incest, it could be argued that humans deserve to be vested with the responsibility to make rational decisions about using protection and contraception during sex with their own direct relatives, rather than prohibiting it in the first place.

Also, think about an island such as the UK, or in a smaller context, an Amish village. These communities undoubtedly would experience a weaker version of incest, with a small and (until recently) largely non-transient population that would end up having sex with fairly close relatives over generations, maintaining any genetic deficiencies already present in the population in the same way that direct incest does. It seems bizarre that although we are all related somehow, there is this certain cut-off point (I assume) where intercourse becomes illegal.

I realise the length of this post must make me seem like some deviant motherf*cker (quite literally) but I re-iterate, from my upbringing in this society, there is something within me that makes me wince at the the thought of incest just as pretty much everyone on this board does. But people winced at miscegenation (inter-racial sex) 50 years ago and that was totally irrational, so maybe our disgust at incest is just as irrational as a disgust of homosexuality? Or maybe we are right to be disgusted by both of them..? Logically there is not a great deal separating them, so in this sense I kind of agree with Aksolotl's all or nothing approach to legalisation.

But again, I am a human, my rational thoughts on this issue are also greatly muddied by the society I come from and thus I also find the idea of persecuting gays to be abhorrent.

Apologies if this counts as leading the thread way off topic, I did not intend to go on such a ramble. Incidentally I see this whole rainbow laces thing as a bit of a token gesture. A joint coming out of some of the gay major role models/ massive superstars is the only way to propel this issue into the centre of football discussion. But then again, I would hate to be a black player traveling to play in Eastern Europe - imagine being black AND an outed gay! Anonymity is probably easier...

I actually agree with a lot of what you say there Pandy - was more a comment on the way the thread has developed

Upbringing and immediate social influences will have an undeniably larger effect on 'gender'/homosexuality than they ever could on these characteristics.

NSFW - Langauge:

[video=youtube;Sz6HIcnh26I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz6HIcnh26I[/video]

Nah its not people like me that the campaign is happening because i could not care less. I abused campbell when he came back i called him a c u n t. I never made reference to his skin colour or his sexual preferences. Him being black and gay are not the reasons i hated him so i did not mention them.

It is a generation thing the is a younger generation who loves to have a good old moan and they only feel like they are doing some good if they are campaigning on something. Really someone should start a thread on why nearly every **** in this country feels the need to go out and tart some sort of protest group, the psychology of the people that do this needs to be looked at.

I honestly do not care if the are gays in football or in entertainment, im told the is a few in showbiz, i still watch t.v. and movies. Watched elton on the red button on the BBC the other day, love the fella he is still class in my opinon.

As mark says below i am a partial to the odd **** in my wifes tights, i like the 200 denier ones she gets from superdrugs, they feel nice and tight around my ball sack as i ****, nothing better then doing that in a bubble bath. Not gay because the thought of sucking a **** does not appeal to me, if i was i would absolutely hate and annihilate the sad pathetic PC apologist.

Have a good night old son, the are some good articles on the Guardian website to keep you entertained.I like the one by old ricky about getting rid of blacklisting actually had me sending him an email to agree with, never thought that day would happen.
I know it goes against what people like to believe, but Sol Campbell isn't gay

Are heterosexuals who choose to or cannot have children similarly immoral?

Are heterosexuals who choose to or cannot have children similarly immoral?

It's obviuos that heterosexuality leads to the increase of the reproductive power of human race in general and homosexuality leads to decline. In general.
i think that's why such phenomena as homosexuality, incest, zoophilia, pedophilia are considered as perversions in some cultures nowadays. No future for the human race. I feel this is too simple to describe all the aspects of evolution, but this idea has some ground.

As for incest in Holland - I got point of braineclipse with defamations, threats etc but let me be too narrowminded to embrace this case of freedom of speech. You can ban me but to say frankly it's incredible ****.

Guys, I beg my pardon for my english, I feel I have not enough vocabulory to express my thoughts in the discussion. Also I'm really impressed with level of most of posters here - in contrast to many russian football forums.

It's obviuos that heterosexuality leads to the increase of the reproductive power of human race in general and homosexuality leads to decline. In general.
i think that's why such phenomena as homosexuality, incest, zoophilia, pedophilia are considered as perversions in some cultures nowadays. No future for the human race. I feel this is too simple to describe all the aspects of evolution, but this idea has some ground.

As for incest in Holland - I got point of braineclipse with defamations, threats etc but let me be too narrowminded to embrace this case of freedom of speech. You can ban me but to say frankly it's incredible ****.

Guys, I beg my pardon for my english, I feel I have not enough vocabulory to express my thoughts in the discussion. Also I'm really impressed with level of most of posters here - in contrast to many russian football forums.

For it to lead to "no future for the human race" a rather large majority of people would have to turn gay. Something that just will not happen regardless of how much acceptance of homosexuality there is. It's a complete non-starter of an argument for this reason. If you disagree feel free to explain how acceptance of homosexual marriage, adoption etc leads to a majority of the population turning gay. Or name one example of a culture that was accepting towards homosexuality and thus declined because of a lack of reproduction?

At this point a decline in the human population wouldn't be a bad thing imo. Not that homosexuality will ever lead to that of course. At most it will lead to an ever so small lessening of the increase in population. Considering the rate we're using up our natural resources, global warming, general overpopulation, pollution etc I think a very good argument could be made that further increasing the population is ethically much worse than slightly decreasing it.

I'm not quit sure I understood the final point about Holland and freedom of speech.

I'm glad you're enjoying the forum :)

:ross:
So many other things could wear that coat...don't worry, there are PLENTY of babies being made!

To the posters backing homosexuality: Why should homosexuality be legal and incest illegal?

Not saying I disagree with homosexuality or agree with incest, but a lot of the arguments used here such as 'people should be able to do what they want with their private life' would hold up for incest. Saying homosexuality is genetically determined (I do not agree) can also be equated with saying 'love is blind, that's why I'm f*cking my sister'.

The only plausible reason for me is the detriment generations of consistent inbreeding might do to the gene pool, but that should not make the simple act of sex between siblings illegal, and anyway, arguably our liberal values afford people to cause much more harm to themselves and others through cigarettes and alcohol (including literal alterations in genes caused by cancer), than the slow process of an inbreeding family might.

Values are funny things. They are defended to the hills, people's opinions on them are immovable, and yet they are often illogically founded.

Pretty simple. Incest will lead to potential deformities in future generations, homosexuality won't. PERSONALLY if people want to engage in incestuous relationships, I don't care whatsoever so long as they're consenting adults. But it is absolutely potentially harmful...

That was all I meant. That there is a genetic component does not mean it is a genetically determined fact such as sex or skin colour, areas in which discrimination is a clear-cut issue.

Upbringing and immediate social influences will have an undeniably larger effect on 'gender'/homosexuality than they ever could on these characteristics. Whether its roots are primarily biological or social, I think the acceptability of homosexuality is similar to that of drug abuse - it depends who you are and at what time (the accepted opium dens of the rich whites in America vs Californian Chinese opium dens which sparked its prohibition across the US in order to ostracise a Chinese immigrant population taking white Americans' jobs; or in the present bankers snorting coke vs unemployed crack smokers) - and thus the manifestation of any genetic influences in a society are going to mitigated largely by the conditions of that society. Pretty sure it was commonplace in several previous societies (such as in Rome), for powerful men to have a wife but to also have a male (often a young boy) for further physical pleasure.

(I cut the rest of your post as it was on the longer side as you said yourself and going somewhat off topic, I have no major disagreements with what you said in that part).

A slight eye-brow raise at your comment about discrimination being a clear-cut issue for gender, skin colour etc. Are you saying or implying that discrimination isn't a clear cut issue for sexual orientation, or am I misunderstanding something here? I'm trying to read what you said with the best intentions, but I struggle to see what it is you're saying if not this. Feel free to correct either yourself or my interpretation here.

I also struggle with the undeniable part here. It might be the case that you're right, but what is your supporting evidence for this? Causation is a difficult question, especially when human behaviour is involved. I'm no expert, but I would be surprised if there was evidence supporting one side as undeniably more influential than the other at this point.

i'm not sure if you're posting that to imply that many of the clubs share your opinion? forgive me if i've mis-read that.

the way the campaign has been handled by Stonewall seems to be a bit of a balls up tbh: no prior consultation; a tie-in with a bookmaker (really, Stonewall? what was necessary about that?); the 'edgy' (stupid) strap line for the campaign; a feeling that the clubs have been ambush marketed.

silly mistakes - sounds like an idea that was rushed out to me.

btw, it seems some of the clubs agree broadly with the sentiment of the campaign, just not its execution (from the DM article):

Manchester United are one of the clubs who will not wear the laces.

‘The club supports the League’s central anti-discrimination efforts through Kick It Out,’ read a United statement.
‘It is a positive move that Stonewall are now speaking to the League directly, rather than working with a commercial provider on a campaign without involving clubs or players at any stage.’

Likewise, a Tottenham statement read: ‘Whilst the campaign message is positive and one we support, there was unfortunately no prior consultation with ourselves, the Premier League or other clubs.

‘Such consultation would have enabled us to avoid issues in respect of associated third-party commercial entities.
‘We have contacted Stonewall directly and let them know that we are supportive and keen to discuss ways in which we can work together going forward.

‘We are committed to working with organisations such as Stonewall and other agencies to eradicate homophobia in football and society.’
A Sunderland statement read: ‘The underlying message is a very positive one and something we wholeheartedly support.
‘However, we were not entirely comfortable with the third-party commercial link.’

right message, wrong method.

For it to lead to "no future for the human race" a rather large majority of people would have to turn gay. Something that just will not happen regardless of how much acceptance of homosexuality there is. It's a complete non-starter of an argument for this reason. If you disagree feel free to explain how acceptance of homosexual marriage, adoption etc leads to a majority of the population turning gay. Or name one example of a culture that was accepting towards homosexuality and thus declined because of a lack of reproduction?

At this point a decline in the human population wouldn't be a bad thing imo. Not that homosexuality will ever lead to that of course. At most it will lead to an ever so small lessening of the increase in population. Considering the rate we're using up our natural resources, global warming, general overpopulation, pollution etc I think a very good argument could be made that further increasing the population is ethically much worse than slightly decreasing it.

I'm not quit sure I understood the final point about Holland and freedom of speech.

I'm glad you're enjoying the forum :)

Yes, perversions are not main factors of decline. We got wars, epidemics etc. but we don't welcome wars, so why must we welcome all other factors including homosexuality. This is all opposite to the main imperative of any folk - survival.

further increasing the population is ethically much worse than slightly decreasing it - my nation is declining now and needs increasing of population badly. Immigrants just fill the space where we used to be. I know you said it about human race on the whole and this is real paradox here. you can't control it - declining nations will be replaced by raising nations. What do you think about your nation? do you need stagnation of population (in numbers) for surviving?

As for pedofilia in Holland and freedom of speech - totally abhorrent, i don't believe freedom of speech can justify it

Back