• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Flight MH17

Said the same to the Missus today. Saved £6k for a trip to New York in the new year and said we're not going now. ****ing off to Bournemouth now in August and Great Yarmouth in October too for a fraction of the price.

As Mr T said...

Its all a bit ****ed up and has an eerie feel about it all. Of course I hate flying in the first instance so all this just freaks me out really.

Gale - you are correct but as mentioned above there is a bit of an errie feel about it all. Urgh.

Said the same to the Missus today. Saved £6k for a trip to New York in the new year and said we're not going now. ****ing off to Bournemouth now in August and Great Yarmouth in October too for a fraction of the price.

As Mr T said...
How many fatal car crashes today?

You don't really have a lot of control over what other ****wit road users do either Roy. You can expect them to do something stupid, just as you can choose a reputable airline and fly to safe destinations, but you can't do a lot if a lorry driver comes across at you on the motorway, or if some **** with a surface to air missile decides to chance his arm.

I guess my point is not to limit your enjoyment of life because of the actions of some scum. Not that there's no enjoyment in a nice holiday in Blighty.

lots i'm sure, i've always thought that a disingenuous stat though, lots of people survive car crashes, not many survive a plane crash

I think the thing is, its not the crash itself that people fear, its the few minutes between knowing youre going to crash and actualy crashing. I know some crashes end in a blow out but most of the time its an actual crash.

Also like you say, a plane crash is generally fatal, a car crash can end in fatalities but most of the time they dont.

Some will always see the fear as irrational but some dont and im one in the latter camp.

same here, I hate flying

like you say, you get plenty of warning and thinking time with no chance to get yourself out of it

Crazy people saying they wont fly now, there are millions of flights a year and the %'age of accidents is tiny, far less than travelling on the roads

I can only fly if their is plenty of space for everyone and plenty of wine, otherwise it's too stressful.
My brother threw up on me mid pacific on the way to oz in my youth which is the root cause of my anxiety. I just wanted to get the he'll out and felt trapped.

I suppose the question is who has the nads to fly Malaysia?

I've worked in the airline insurance industry for nealry 20 years, their fleet is fantastic and their accident record aside from 17 & 70 is very good, I would..

I tell you now if you want a cheap flight to Oz or Malaysia etc, you would get a great deal with Malaysian right now

I suppose the question is who has the nads to fly Malaysia?

I am flying Malaysian from Brisbane to London in 6 weeks time, my wife is flying from Dublin to Brisbane on Malaysian next week. It is an excellent airline and if you don't sign up to conspiracy theories or "curse" theories then it is hard to blame an airline for a suicidal pilot and a bunch of trigger happy terrorists.

Crazy people saying they wont fly now, there are millions of flights a year and the %'age of accidents is tiny, far less than travelling on the roads

I'm also going to refrain from being around people, never know when you might get a deadly disease :p

Back