• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

JUVENTUS v SPURS
UEFA Champions League, Round of 16, first leg
Tuesday 13 February
Kick-off 7.45pm UK (8.45pm CET)

Allocation: 2,099
Price: £40

Season Ticket Holders can now apply online HERE by no later than 5pm on Wednesday 27 December.

In the event that match tickets are oversubscribed for this match they will be allocated in line with the Club’s loyalty point scheme.

Official travel packages:

Thomas Cook will NOT be running any official travel for this fixture.

Important information:

Due to Italian law, all successful applicants will be required to provide the following information - full name, date of birth, nationality and passport number. We will not be able to despatch tickets without this information.

The name of the successful Season Ticket Holder will be written on the ticket and we have been informed by Juventus that this will be checked against your passport before you can enter the stadium. If the name does not match the ID you will be refused entry. Club officials will not be able to assist any supporter who is refused entry to the stadium for this reason. Please do not apply for tickets for this match if you do not intend to attend.

Loyalty points: 5

12.30 kick off against Arsenal is a bit of a clam not a surprise but would have been easier for me if it were 3pm. It is almost like Sky do not read all the abusive emails I send them.

At least it isn't at noon. I'm just happy it wasn't Friday night as I would have had to rebook my flight in that case.

Surprised at the Palace match being chosen.

Suppose this may become the norm once the new deal kicks in, but this all means that our next 10 league matches are all televised

I fear an embarrassingly low gate for this game. On a Saturday afternoon this fixture would probably attract an above average crowd but several factors may conspire to reduce its appeal.

Thusday evening ko, restricted sale, fixture had to be postponed, live on tv, already played the Spammers in the Carabao Cup recently, difficult to drum up an atmosphere at a ground we cannot call our home.

On top of that I'm guessing that some are choosing to stay at home rather than find themselves sat up in the Ghods, too far from the pitch to make out which player is on the ball and stuff like that.

On top of that I'm guessing that some are choosing to stay at home rather than find themselves sat up in the Ghods, too far from the pitch to make out which player is on the ball and stuff like that.

Not sure how far back you've been sitting, but as a regular attendee this year who has sat around rows 16-20 of upper tier for most matches, i can assure you you're not too far away to make out who is on the ball!! I'd say that is more a persons' limited knowledge of players. I personally don't think Wembley has a bad view from anywhere, and yes of course it's further but never to the detriment of the game.

I've been taking my daughter since she was 6, and whilst the first few years was about making her feel close to the players and action by sitting in the front rows, now we enjoy going for a higher vantage point where she can better understand how the teams shape up and see the movement of players off the ball.

Not sure how far back you've been sitting, but as a regular attendee this year who has sat around rows 16-20 of upper tier for most matches, i can assure you you're not too far away to make out who is on the ball!! I'd say that is more a persons' limited knowledge of players. I personally don't think Wembley has a bad view from anywhere, and yes of course it's further but never to the detriment of the game.

I've been taking my daughter since she was 6, and whilst the first few years was about making her feel close to the players and action by sitting in the front rows, now we enjoy going for a higher vantage point where she can better understand how the teams shape up and see the movement of players off the ball.
My eyesight isn't what it was! I normally have no problem identifying the players, but up in the Ghods it's another story. I usually go with a group so in order to sit together, whenever we can we'll get the lower rows on the top tier from where it's not too bad. But compromise sometimes means we have to opt for seats that much further from the pitch. On those occasions I have chosen to give it a miss rather than go too high up. I just do not enjoy watching from a distance and I imagine there are a few others like me.

elaborate?
Not sure what it is you'd like me to elaborate on.

Several times this season I and the group I'm with have been able to moved down a few rows from where we are sat after the game has kicked off. We are mostly top tier, just behind the goal line, about 15-25 rows up, over the away support end. The first half dozen rows in this area are often screened off but for the less popular games, after ten mins or so we have moved down ten or 15 rows which makes quite a difference. On other occasions, eg for the bigger games, we've been right up near the back of the top tier but because the crowd is that much bigger we've also had to wait that much longer before we could move down, sometimes until shortly before the end.

Also I have resorted to taking binoculars with me which makes me sound like Colonel Blimp :D but when play is at the diagonally opposite end from where we're sat they come into their own. Suppose it's because I'm so used to watching footy on tv but I do love to get the detail of clever footwork and stuff.

That enough elaboration for you? ;)

Back