• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2016/17

Looks like no joy for Stoke for me. Hopefully there'll be returns as per normal in the week leading up to the game. Or Stubhub as the last resort.

So, I have a guy who says he can sell me 2 tickets for the Stoke game in Area 25. How would that work exactly? He says he will send them to me. Are they actually shipped? Don't they get loaded to the member card? He gave me his name, adress and phone number, and it all checked out OK. I'm just curious how this might work. Is there a chance he could sell them multiple times? I'm spending thousands to travel and see the EL game and Stoke game, and don't want to get ripped off.

So, I have a guy who says he can sell me 2 tickets for the Stoke game in Area 25. How would that work exactly? He says he will send them to me. Are they actually shipped? Don't they get loaded to the member card? He gave me his name, adress and phone number, and it all checked out OK. I'm just curious how this might work. Is there a chance he could sell them multiple times? I'm spending thousands to travel and see the EL game and Stoke game, and don't want to get ripped off.

Honestly I'd buy of stub hub if I was travelling a long distance as your guaranteed it's legit

I got tickets for Stoke, but we will probably cancel because we couldn't get tickets for Gent. By the time the results of the ballot for Stoke was announced, Gent was already sold out. Not ideal for overseas supporters who often want to catch more than one game when they travel.

I got tickets for Stoke, but we will probably cancel because we couldn't get tickets for Gent. By the time the results of the ballot for Stoke was announced, Gent was already sold out. Not ideal for overseas supporters who often want to catch more than one game when they travel.

have you been checking the website for Gent tickets because they seem to be opening up the upper tier a block or so at a time

Definitely worth keeping hold of the Stoke tickets for the time being as you have until about 5 days before to return them. I'd bet there will be more EL tickets going on sale over the coming weeks. If they are allowed to open the top tier then it doesn't seem to make sense that they would limit the number of blocks they sell iif there is demand.
(Although I guess at some point you have to commit to flights etc so maybe not so easy to just wait and see).

Definitely worth keeping hold of the Stoke tickets for the time being as you have until about 5 days before to return them. I'd bet there will be more EL tickets going on sale over the coming weeks. If they are allowed to open the top tier then it doesn't seem to make sense that they would limit the number of blocks they sell iif there is demand.
(Although I guess at some point you have to commit to flights etc so maybe not so easy to just wait and see).
We will wait a few days to see if they make more tickets available. I also sent a mail to the ticket office to ask if they will make more tickets available. Hopefully they will reply soon, so that we can either make travel arrangements or put the idea to bed.

Getting a joke now isnt it? Considering dropping to Lilywhite next season, because hardly seems worth paying extra for Bronze these days

i was thinking the same,but you pay the extra for a place on the season ticket waiting list,i presume you go back of the queue then or do you think it won't matter,because i'm not sure what to do myself???

Getting a joke now isnt it? Considering dropping to Lilywhite next season, because hardly seems worth paying extra for Bronze these days
I was led to believe the ballot process was introduced due to the reduced stadium capacity, the huge demand for tickets and the system not being able to cope?
The Stoke game had 9k applications for 6k seats. I think i'm right in saying this was the highest amount of applications we have had so far this season (it's usually been around 6/7k appications for around 5k seats IIRC). Now if Ticketmaster can't supply a platform for this sort of demand using the old system then we really need to be looking else where.
The whole ballot process seeems to be an over reaction for when we had 20/25k applications for the Southampton game last season. Other than that one, there was never really any problems with the old system for category B/C games.

Fair enough the big category A games going to loyalty points but the ballot system for the rest of the games just seems a little needless, especially when more tickets seem to appear on the site closer to the game (by which time unsuccessful applicants have probably made other plans), not to mention the kick in the teeth of tickets being sold at inflated prices on Stubhub when there are members out there who have missed out. Middlesbrough tickets start from £75 the last I checked!

I was led to believe the ballot process was introduced due to the reduced stadium capacity, the huge demand for tickets and the system not being able to cope?
The Stoke game had 9k applications for 6k seats. I think i'm right in saying this was the highest amount of applications we have had so far this season (it's usually been around 6/7k appications for around 5k seats IIRC). Now if Ticketmaster can't supply a platform for this sort of demand using the old system then we really need to be looking else where.
The whole ballot process seeems to be an over reaction for when we had 20/25k applications for the Southampton game last season. Other than that one, there was never really any problems with the old system for category B/C games.

Fair enough the big category A games going to loyalty points but the ballot system for the rest of the games just seems a little needless, especially when more tickets seem to appear on the site closer to the game (by which time unsuccessful applicants have probably made other plans), not to mention the kick in the teeth of tickets being sold at inflated prices on Stubhub when there are members out there who have missed out. Middlesbrough tickets start from £75 the last I checked!

I think what you say may have been the more sensible approach.

Tickets for the lesser games have actually been on Stubhub for face value or lower BUT now we're purring and 'in the race' i think paying thru the nose will be the order of the day again.

The other thing to try and do is estimate when the visiting club may return a bunch of tickets having not taken up their allocation. Not an exact science though.

Received the email this morning from the ticket office regarding the Stoke ballot, it seemed to have missed off the sentence confirming if I was actually successful or not.
I have since received another email saying I was successful, yet there is still nothing assigned to me on my account. All a bit of my favourite buttplug really

not to mention the kick in the teeth of tickets being sold at inflated prices on Stubhub when there are members out there who have missed out. Middlesbrough tickets start from £75 the last I checked!

Perhaps there are now, but during the week running up to any of the less desirable games you'll see tickets going for £25. Apart from the big games leaving it late to get tickets is looking like a pretty safe option.

Oh well not many games left now. It will be interesting to see how the volume of tickets at Wembley and the new stadium impact the Stubhub deal.

We will wait a few days to see if they make more tickets available. I also sent a mail to the ticket office to ask if they will make more tickets available. Hopefully they will reply soon, so that we can either make travel arrangements or put the idea to bed.

Club have announced on twitter that all tickets available have sold out but that more in Level 5 are being released so you should get one if you keep an eye out.

Back