• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

In essence we are forging ahead financially but the very biggest boys (United and City) continue to surge further away from us. So we desperately need CL qualification and that new stadium just to help prevent them from completely disappearing over the horizon.

Plan would never have been to catch United (they are the biggest club in the world), City is unfortunate as the money doping there continues.

What is important is we close the gap on Pool, Chelsea, Scum, if we can pull within ~20-30M of revenue of them, we can bet on being a better managed club to consistently stay top 4.

Our problem for last two decades is we have consistently had 5 clubs with at least double our revenue to outperform, if we can bring that down to only two, its a big difference. And as I've said before, once you get into that revenue category (puts a huge gap behind you to other 14 sides in PL), it isolates you from real trouble, you can buy your way out effectively (look at Pool)

Plan would never have been to catch United (they are the biggest club in the world), City is unfortunate as the money doping there continues.

What is important is we close the gap on Pool, Chelsea, Scum, if we can pull within ~20-30M of revenue of them, we can bet on being a better managed club to consistently stay top 4.

Our problem for last two decades is we have consistently had 5 clubs with at least double our revenue to outperform, if we can bring that down to only two, its a big difference. And as I've said before, once you get into that revenue category (puts a huge gap behind you to other 14 sides in PL), it isolates you from real trouble, you can buy your way out effectively (look at Pool)
All very good points.

Plus we have other unique assets that even the Swiss Ramble cannot quantify, such as Levy (to help bridge the divide with his exceptional business acumen) and Poch (to convert DL's astute player investments into global talents).

Last edited:

Bolded part is the key - better managment than our rivals has seen us outperform everyone in the league i believe these past 3 seasons (accumulative points total) despite having a much lower revenue, if revenue increases and we continue to perform to the same level (in relation) or even improve on our own standards then we'll be in fantastic shape and the pots should roll in

More than we do now. At least £5m - £10m a year extra. £10m for example would be enough to give our 3/4 best players a significant pay increase.
Going by reports that's what we've offered Alderweireld without it being enough.

I think an increase like the one you suggest is in line with what we've done before and are likely to do again. Hopefully that's enough, but if a player wants truly top money (like Walker) it's a small enough increase to not make much of a difference.

For those who don’t do Twitter, a few particularly pertinent rambles...

#THFC £306m revenue is still a fair way behind their rivals, e.g. #MUFC £581m are a full £275m higher,) followed by #MCFC £473m and #AFC £423m. That said, the gap to #LFC £364m and #CFC £361m has narrowed.
DaUy5sMXUAAEeIh.jpg

#THFC overtook Borussia Dortmund to rise one place in the Deloitte Money League to 11th, just behind Juventus. Given the increased revenue from the new stadium and more lucrative commercial deals, there is every chance of them breaking into the top ten.
DaUy7GNXcAExZeL.jpg

Despite the enormous increases in Premier League distributions, European participation can still make a difference for the leading clubs. #THFC have earned €84m from Europe in the last five years, but this is much less than #MCFC €244m, #AFC €213m, #CFC €193m & #MUFC €167m.
DaUy9XNXkAMJgrQ.jpg

#THFC match day income rose £4m (11%) from £41m to £45m, even though capacity was reduced following demolition of the NE corner of White Hart Lane, partly due to hosting Champions League games at Wembley. However, still less than half of #MUFC and #AFC, both above £100m.
#THFC will have a new stadium for 2018/19 season with 62,000 capacity. Revenue should be at least £20m higher plus (probably) also naming rights. Project’s initial cost was £400m, but rose to £750m in planning application & latest reports suggest it might be as much as £1 bln.
DaUy-mAW0AAnu_Q.jpg

#THFC commercial revenue was up 24% (£14m) from £59m to £73m, the 6th highest in England, though still a long way below rest of Big Six, e.g. #MUFC £276m is almost 4 times as much. The facilities at the new stadium should help close the gap, e.g. NFL games & other major events.
DaUzAJJW0AEH1oy.jpg

Even after the growth #THFC £127m wage bill is still miles behind the rest of the Big Six. The closest is Arsenal, £72m higher at £199m, while Manchester United’s £264m is more than twice as much. #MCFC covers a 13 month accounting period, so would be £244m for 12 months.
DaU19znX4AARpKg.jpg

As a result of higher PL TV money, all clubs have reduced their wages to turnover ratio in 2016/17, but none are lower than #THFC 41%. The next lowest are Manchester United 45% and Arsenal 47%.
DaU1-jLW0AAqios.jpg

Sorry if this is stating the obvious... but people can click on this post from inkpenspur and get reams of info about Spurs... I think most of you know this... but perhaps some don't, since it hardly generated any comment/debate for some reason. Maybe it is just too much to take in, so many figures to digest
They don't call it the Swiss Ramble for nothing.

Thanks for the effort there @SteveAWOL

Seems he's being a bit conservative there where he states matchday revenue should rise by 20m (from 45m) in the new stadium

Last edited:
I think that's a direct extrapolation of seat numbers, without taking into account the extra corporate seating.

Maybe, makes me question how clued up he actually is though and the validity of what else he sayd tbh as that's a pretty big difference between what we should be expecting

Maybe, makes me question how clued up he actually is though and the validity of what else he sayd tbh as that's a pretty big difference between what we should be expecting

He's has always seemed very negative with regards to our potential. Could be because he's a gooner.

He's has always seemed very negative with regards to our potential. Could be because he's a gooner.

I have got the feeling that each time round he thinks Levy is at or near the end of a good/lucky patch and that our time of punching above our weight will soon be over.
And yet Levy keeps pulling the rabbits out of the hat.
It could also be because innovation and hard work are intangibles that can't be really predicted or reflected in analysis of the financial results to extrapolate future potential.

Back