• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

Interesting. Mustn't have thought they were going to offload enough players in time. They won't be able to add the revenue they got from the hotel going forward though. Guess it made a few quid due to it's location. Although no european games wasn't as much as usual.

Wonder what they'll do next season? Lukaku is out of contract in the summer so probably saves them £35m a year in amortisation and wages. They get rid of sterling. They might be ok going forward.

Interesting. Mustn't have thought they were going to offload enough players in time. They won't be able to add the revenue they got from the hotel going forward though. Guess it made a few quid due to it's location. Although no european games wasn't as much as usual.

Wonder what they'll do next season? Lukaku is out of contract in the summer so probably saves them £35m a year in amortisation and wages. They get rid of sterling. They might be ok going forward.
They can't do it again and the only other significant (non player) asset they have is the training ground. So they can only do it once more.

The PL might have something to say about the value too. Given that nobody other than a Chelsea fan would go anywhere near them on a match day and that the owners have made it clear they'll either be redeveloping or moving elsewhere, I think the value is high.

They can't do it again and the only other significant (non player) asset they have is the training ground. So they can only do it once more.

The PL might have something to say about the value too. Given that nobody other than a Chelsea fan would go anywhere near them on a match day and that the owners have made it clear they'll either be redeveloping or moving elsewhere, I think the value is high.

I dunno. 2 hotels in that location. I'm not an estate agent. But it could probably be considered fair value.

So if Chelsea were able to book hotel profit against psr then so will we when ours is built, right? Oh and profits from the residential development too right?

Not that we need to.

I think they need a profit of around £100m or so this year even with that.

Probably just about achievable without significantly damaging their midtable prospects for tlnext season, but it will be a fire sale.

I wonder what Gallaghers price will be at 11pm on June 30th.

Turns out i was wrong. Chelsea are still going to "manage" the hotels. So could add the revenue they make onto their books.

Seems the prem can still discount it under the good faith rule.

PL allowed the deal but it still has to go through PL checks to see if they were sold at fair market value. If it's ruled that the price was inflated the PL can reduce the value they take into consideration.

You also have the good faith rule. Seems chelsea will be the management company in charge of the hotels so could add their revenue to their own. The prem can turn it down under that.
Think it's rule b15 or something. Basically a "this is bs" rule. Pretty sure a lot of prem clubs will be calling on them to enforce it.

Premier League clubs have voted in favour of developing plans to introduce a spending cap.

A majority of clubs voted in favour of the Premier League doing the final economic and legal analysis needed to create a spending cap model.

The model will be presented to clubs at June's AGM and - should clubs vote in favour then - it will replace the Profit and Sustainability Rules currently in place, from the 2025-26 season onwards.

Manchester United, Emirates Marketing Project and Aston Villa voted against the possible introduction of a spending cap on Monday, while Chelsea abstained.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cpegd3dy8j7o

Back