• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

Re: O/T Financial Fair Play

The idea that anyone at UEFA or FIFA was going to stop people with large amounts of money to throw at football was always far-fetched.

They will find a few suitable targets to show their "seriousness". Which was the Spanish team fined for not paying debts or players ... Malaga? Or possibly Anzhi now they seem to have lost their benefactor. They can punish them.

This. They will make statements by punishing smaller clubs, while their cash cows keep on ruining football. But money talks, I guess. Such a shame.

Comparing the year on year figures in Deloitte's reports shows:

Revenue
Matchday
Broadcasting
Commercial
TOTAL
£m
£m
Most of the £40m increase has come from greater commercial income; although the exact nature of this additional income seems rather mysterious. Matchday income only accounts for £8.8m of the increase. I suspect that when Emirates Marketing Project eventually release their annual report we will see that most of the extra matchday income has come from hospitality, catering, etc. and very little from gate receipts.

My guess is that the extra matchday is a mix of improved attendances and extra games. The latter is important (as spurs' magna carter has recently demonstrated in the NDP thread). Cups runs can take the number of home games from the PL 19 to over 30. An extra six home games could explain the difference on equal attendances.

Last edited:

Remember though the extra revene from games in cups are split 50/50.. so an extra 6 home games, would probably mean 3 home premiership games at a lower category.

EDIT - Of course it would mean a 50/50 split from away games too. So my point was infact pointless. haha

Last edited:

Remember though the extra revene from games in cups are split 50/50.. so an extra 6 home games, would probably mean 3 home premiership games at a lower category.

EDIT - Of course it would mean a 50/50 split from away games too. So my point was infact pointless. haha

Except that cup games are usually priced much cheaper, which means your original point still stands - sort of.

The Booker Prize committee await with interest. ;)

Hahaha, thought some people might be interested.

How good/bad it sounds depends on how you hear about the reports. The club is reporting it as losses being halved (down to £50m), but I've seen it reported already as £150m loss in two years. I'll need to look at them more to see what it means.

Hahaha, thought some people might be interested.

How good/bad it sounds depends on how you hear about the reports. The club is reporting it as losses being halved (down to £50m), but I've seen it reported already as £150m loss in two years. I'll need to look at them more to see what it means.

I would imagine that it means your owners will have to find another one of the companies they own to pay well over the odds for sponsoring something at Emirates Marketing Project.

I would imagine that it means your owners will have to find another one of the companies they own to pay well over the odds for sponsoring something at Emirates Marketing Project.

When compared to other sponsorship deals that have been signed recently, I could justify describing the Etihad deal as undervalued.

The Times are reporting that Nike, Adidas and Puma are fighting to become Man Utd's kit sponsor in deal that could fetch up to £70m a year :eek:

Emirates Marketing Project's financial results for 2012-13 show a loss of £51.6m. Added to the loss of £97.9m for 2011-12 makes a combined loss for the two years of £149.5m (compared to the FFP permitted level of £37m). They will be allowed to exclude wages paid in 11-12 that related to pre-June 2010 contracts. Emirates Marketing Project said last year this amounted to £80m. They will also be allowed to exclude (for both years) losses relating to infrastructure and youth programmes. They said these totalled £15m for 11-12. After adjusting for these exclusions they are going to be very close to the maximum allowed losses under FFP.

Last year's accounts included income of £12.8m for "Design, Know-how and Other Intellectual Property rights" sold to the parent company Abu Dhabi United Group Investment & Development Limited. I notice that this year's accounts include a further £22.5m of income for the sale of "intellectual property" to other related companies. These are transactions that UEFA will need to investigate, along with the Etihad sponsorship deal, in assessing Emirates Marketing Project's compliance with the FFP rules.

Last year's accounts included income of £12.8m for "Design, Know-how and Other Intellectual Property rights" sold to the parent company Abu Dhabi United Group Investment & Development Limited. I notice that this year's accounts include a further £22.5m of income for the sale of "intellectual property" to other related companies. These are transactions that UEFA will need to investigate, along with the Etihad sponsorship deal, in assessing Emirates Marketing Project's compliance with the FFP rules.

Dodgy as ****

Well played City. I hope you win the Quadruple, the Super Cup, the World Cup, everything! With Chelsea as runners up.

Maybe then UEFA & FIFA will take notice. Nah, probably not...

As somebody mentioned in another post (Scara?), there's a glass ceiling and we're butting against it. But we'll not break it.

I don't understand how commentators can thrap themselves into a frenzy over City. Of course they are going to win. It's inevitable. I don't mind their fans so much as Chelsea's, at least they were there when they were shít.

202 million a year on wages a average of 5.5 million per first team player.

Back