• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Finally!!! (it's a dj thing)

The only reason I've gone for this set up is that it's very much hands on. I used to say exactly the same about moving on to CDs until they brought out the denon with the belt drive platter so I could still scratch like on vinyl. Then I found my collection expanded immensely plus I was able to play my own tunes and bootlegs out. Then after a while I got fed up with the sound quality difference when laying a set off of cd and vinyl as I was wasting time that I could have been spending doing other stuff with the time I was using up altering the gain, bass, treble every time I put a new vinyl on! Plus sometimes I'll get through 20 odd tracks in half an hour which was leaving my record box in a right old state lol!

One of the things I like most about DJing is hunting down obscure records that no one else has and seeing a dance floor go mental to them. I wouldn't get anywhere near the same buzz out of an MP3 and most of the stuff that I play is not available digitally. The nights that I run now get really positive feedback from punters for being 100% vinyl and it has become a bit of an angle to sell the nights on.

One of the things I like most about DJing is hunting down obscure records that no one else has and seeing a dance floor go mental to them. I wouldn't get anywhere near the same buzz out of an MP3 and most of the stuff that I play is not available digitally. The nights that I run now get really positive feedback from punters for being 100% vinyl and it has become a bit of an angle to sell the nights on.

Yep I completely agree with that - I've had more than the odd booking at nights with the same policy. I still hunt for gaps in my old collection but that's where it stops for me - I don't see the point in filling my house up with new records when I can fill up my hard drive instead and keep mrs r happy! ;)

duuuude! the guy doing your website, who is he? it's awful! no offense.. hope you haven't paid for it and it's a friend job or something.

I toyed with the idea of starting to learn a few months ago but couldn't really afford it - wanted to go straight into vinyl. The main thing that ibterested me was mixing obscure hip hop but it's incredibly expensive to get hold of in the UK. I might be off to the US next summer so may try and bring back some pressies with me :)

duuuude! the guy doing your website, who is he? it's awful! no offense.. hope you haven't paid for it and it's a friend job or something.

It's a mate job but thought it looked ok! Lol what more does it need to do?

northern soul. very good too.
how's it going, mr. 'knapp?

I did think ska might offend his cheese and wine friends ;)

Not bad mate, would need a very long time and a few beers to go into my life since I was last here...but I'm hoping to attend a match before Xmas if I don't get fired by then!! (long story) I did arrange to meet bb in the irish after the notlob match last year but couldn't see him and thought he'd be easy to spot lol

So am I talking to a pirate or a big gay bear?! Or noneoftheabove?

Back