• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring

Feels weird for me. I've never known any other United managers. Whenever we played United in my life, we always played Sir Alex.

You have a whole fudging channel going on non-stop about Ferguson SSN, yet it has to be the main story on our game's pre match build up...

In Division 1 we used to at least give him a run for his money at the start of his career and even managed to take 6pts off of ManU in the 89/90 season...

Played:12 / Won:3 / Drawn:4 / Lost:5 / For:17 / Against:17

However in the Premier League it was one way traffic, until this season which was our best against ManU and the first time we managed to get 4pts off ManU since the EPL was formed!

Played:42 / Won:4 / Drawn:9 / Lost:29 / For:34 / Against:80

Don't forget we also stuffed them in the league cup that year too......away, no less! So we actually did a treble over him.

Sorry I haven't posted yet I've only just stopped crying.

So long whiskey nose tapping up toss pot.

(Great manager obviously)

Don't forget we also stuffed them in the league cup that year too......away, no less! So we actually did a treble over him.

Ah those were the days... Lineker scored in all 3 of those games, oh to have a striker with that goal poaching prowess in this current team!!

lol The Dark Andre saying one of the Wrestling fans has hacked this site. Isn't that illegal. :lol:

And he's moaning about copy and paste

:ross:

lol The Dark Andre saying one of the Wrestling fans has hacked this site. Isn't that illegal. :lol:

And he's moaning about copy and paste

:ross:

That's not at all what he said.. :lol:

He said Murmon was copying posts from the Wrestling Forum's football thread. And he quite clearly was.

Last edited:

Completely disagree with you As on this one.

In my opinion, if Manure gets anyone other than JM, I wouldn't see them winning the league in the next 5 years. Their squad is poor, they have been outplayed badly at times by us, Cheat$ki, Pool, City, they have however walked the league because they murdered the brick teams and SAF get's an extra 20% out of the players. Outside of JM taking over, I'd expect the league in the next 5 years to go to City and Cheat$ki.

Re Moyes, look at his record in depth, yes keeping Everton in the running is an achievement, but anytime it matters, e.g. In their Derby (their record against Pool is beyond appalling), Their 1 shot at CL, any cup semi or final, always bottle and fail while playing a negative, borderline dirty type of game.

Unlike a lot of people on this board, I'm not a closet Manure/SAF fan, but his ability to get the best out of them cannot be ignored. His moving on at a point where the squad needs major re-investment to continue to compete and/or get results in Europe. I can easily a slow decline for Manure ahead.

i dont disagree regarding SAF but i do think that people using moyes with everton as a final definitive yard stick are mistaken. i feel Moyes is exactly the type of guy to get more from the players he commands

like i said, all factors considered, i think in a couple of years moyes will be winning this league with united if he is picked.

Quite simply the greatest manager in the history of British football. Whatever you think of him and United, the game will be poorer for his absence. He is a fountain of football knowledge.

The Suns frontpage on thursday will certainly raise eyebrows

screenshot20130509at121.png

I don't know enough about football history pre-1970s to be certain but I would be surprised if there is a manager in British football who came anywhere near to him. Or even world football, has any other club seen such sustained success in a genuinely competitive league?

Liverpool 2013 are in a better state than Manchester United 1986; Ferguson took them on, was given time, and built a dominating force that spanned two decades. He did it with a core of English talent, who he nurtured, and turned some of them into world class stars. He splashed the cash when needed, took the duds on the chin but also made a huge profit when he knew his best players had run their course. It wasn't just the playing staff he developed, almost all of his number twos have gone on to become competent Premiership coaches. He helped turn Old Trafford into the largest club stadium in the country, helped make United into a global brand. The football was good, the highlights plentiful, the lowpoints few, but worthy punctuation in a rich and colourful era of the club's history.

Nothing short of a legend. Will never be repeated.

Will be really interesting to see how Moyes does there; if Man Utd follow their tradition he will be given time. I think Moyes is a manager you respect, but not one you respect *and* fear (SAF) or worship (Mourinho). That might not work well with the mega-egos at a top club compared to the more down-to-earth types at Everton. And Moyes has never really rotated (perhaps because of his tiny squad) while SAF is frighteningly good at fielding random teams that keep winning.

If he's successful it will really hammer home the importance of context in a manager's performance - that transfer funds and the actual quality of the squad are really key, so long as the manager's not *too* incompetent.

Personally - after another two or three years, I think Laudrup and Pocchettino will be viable candidates for a top club (certainly if Moyes is considered good enough, given his background). I hope Everton don't manage to land either of them or Pelligrini.

Last edited:

Will be really interesting to see how Moyes does there; if Man Utd follow their tradition he will be given time. I think Moyes is a manager you respect, but not one you respect *and* fear (SAF) or worship (Mourinho). That might not work well with the mega-egos at a top club compared to the more down-to-earth types at Everton. And Moyes has never really rotated (perhaps because of his tiny squad) while SAF is frighteningly good at fielding random teams that keep winning.

If he's successful it will really hammer home the importance of context in a manager's performance - that transfer funds and the actual quality of the squad are really key, so long as the manager's not *too* incompetent.

Personally - after another two or three years, I think Laudrup and Pocchettino will be viable candidates for a top club (certainly if Moyes is considered good enough, given his background). I hope Everton don't manage to land either of them or Pelligrini.

That's a good point. Real did quite well before Mourinho and will struggle on when he leaves.

But United were down in the dumps when Fergie joined.

As a sign of respect for Fergie announcing his retirement, all Premier League games this weekend are to have a minutes applause in the 98th min.

Back