• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

I think he got worse as the second half wore on. He defiantely looked more settled in the second half when moving to the right hand side of the pairing, but in all honesty he and Kaboul just weren't working as a pairing at all.

Kaboul is finished as a player capable of playing for a team which aspires to the upper reaches of the league. Post his injuries he no longer has the spring to dominate in teh air and is slow/labourious on the turn

What that things really aren't working?? Whats strange to me is that they were on their favoured sides right?

Not really fare to judge him yet, looks like hes playing with 0 confidence.Cant really blame him with the way the whole team is playing, plus having to play alongside Kaboul, plus all the negative vibes echoing around WHL at the moment.Must wonder what the **** hit him.
He was a vital part of Sevilla's Europa league winning side, he cant be THAT bad.Would like to see him given a run with Vertonghen, guess that wont be happening though.

I agree he does. so why buy fazio? Fazio has looked poor everytime he has been played (even against Brighton). Pace is a much needed commodity so why have we signed another centre half who needs another type of players to play alongside. I am sure we could have done better- Winston Reid springs to mind as does Lescott

Yeah our player recruitment decisions have been downright weird. My hunch is that Fazio was brought in to replace Verts long term, as Verts didn't agree to the contract extension.

Not many times admittedly, but he has all the attributes from what I've seen (mostly rb). Just out of interest have you checked out his stats?

Fazio has been incredibly underwhelming so far.

However, it enough for him to be adjusting to a new league and a new team, he's also playing a system that leaves our centre backs incredibly (and unfairly) exposed. Almost impossible in my view for him to really impress considering those circumstances

I've not seen Fazio live yet, however from what I've seen on FV/highlights I've not been convinced.

My bother went to the Argentina vs Croatia game and he said that as

A Wet Spam fan he'd be more confident with James Collins than Fazio and all he could see about Fazio was his height

Yeah our player recruitment decisions have been downright weird. My hunch is that Fazio was brought in to replace Verts long term, as Verts didn't agree to the contract extension.

I don't think so: I think Dier was tagged to be Verts' eventual replacement, and I still have a lot of hope for Veljkovic (who I believe is also rated highly be the club's staff: or rather, was rated highly when Sherwood ran things, with the information flow ceasing after he moved up). I think Fazio was bought as a bargain basement panic purchase when every other CB we were chasing proved to be a bit too expensive for Levy's tastes (save for Moreno, who unluckily for us just got injured at the worst possible time).

Not many times admittedly, but he has all the attributes from what I've seen (mostly rb). Just out of interest have you checked out his stats?

I've not seen his stats but I do wonder whether the call for Dier to play CB is from people's experience of watching him play there or just a want for something else. I'm not against the idea of playing him at CB possibly because we've seen everyone else do poorly in the center.

Unfortunately I don't see Kaboul being dropped despite how awful he has been

I've not seen his stats but I do wonder whether the call for Dier to play CB is from people's experience of watching him play there or just a want for something else. I'm not against the idea of playing him at CB possibly because we've seen everyone else do poorly in the center.

The way I see it, Dier is a) pacy enough to be an alternative to the slow Fazio, b) more reliable than Chiriches, and c) not going to be any worse than Kaboul has been, with the added benefit of being able to learn from any mistakes he may make due to his youth.

Ergo the calls for him to start. I certainly haven't seen him play at CB, save for the first half against Spam. :p

The way I see it, Dier is a) pacy enough to be an alternative to the slow Fazio, b) more reliable than Chiriches, and c) not going to be any worse than Kaboul has been, with the added benefit of being able to learn from any mistakes he may make due to his youth.

Ergo the calls for him to start. I certainly haven't seen him play at CB, save for the first half against Spam. :p

Dier has been making mistakes frequently enough at right back for him to be dropped/rotated with Naughton. Solid PL player, but far from everyone's favourite player...

I see no reason to think he's ready to be a reliable, consistent performer at centre back at this point.

Fazio has gotten two PL starts since signing, after getting very little pre-season time with the team because of signing late. I think he should be given more time on the pitch. He was a fixture in the EL winning side last season and somewhere near the top of their list of leaders/captains.

I think its a bit of both. I also dont see him ousting Walker or Yedlin from teh RB position given that both are more natural full backs and with the narrow-ness in attacking areas of Poch's 4-2-3-1 system, having attacking full backs is essential.

So that means, post Walker's recovery and Yedlin's arrival (which looks like being in Jan if the rumours of him getting a European passport arae right) that if Dier doesnt play CB then he's rarely going to get any game time. So therefore he should be considered alongside Verts, Fazio, Kabou and Chiriches for the CB spots - I'd like to see us sell Chiriches, put Kaboul in the knackers yard and sign another CB so we end up with Verts, [new guy], Fazio and Dier as our 4 CBs. Maybe Moreno or Schar could fill the gap?

Looked utterly hopeless again. Really worried about this player - I am struggling to see positives in him right now

really? i see him improving with every game.

you got to understand that the CB pairing is the one that requires the tightest coordination, and poch's chopping and changing isn't doing anyone any good. just look at how lloris is so uncoordinated with the two CBs!

Back