• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

Dier has been making mistakes frequently enough at right back for him to be dropped/rotated with Naughton. Solid PL player, but far from everyone's favourite player...

I see no reason to think he's ready to be a reliable, consistent performer at centre back at this point.

Fazio has gotten two PL starts since signing, after getting very little pre-season time with the team because of signing late. I think he should be given more time on the pitch. He was a fixture in the EL winning side last season and somewhere near the top of their list of leaders/captains.

Agreed, he needs more playing time before we can judge him.

Utterly hopeless is overboard, I think he will be one of those who needs time - I can see him being solid over time....

People have gone way overboard on how "poor" he apparently is. I think he's a good player. The PL is a league like no other and will take some adjusting to. People's main gripe is how he is ill suited to a high line.

A lot of people have written him off so quickly. Yesterdays MOTD2 was absolutely pis* poor. In support of Michael Dawson, I think Kilbane and Phil Neville were out of order saying how poor Fazio looks. Pundits are part of the problem as to why fans get on players backs so quickly.

Didn't see MOTD but give me Dawson any day.

Fazio made several poor clearances that could have been punished, misplaced passes and anytime he was dragged wide he looked like Bambi on ice. I agree he was better than he has been but I don't think it is possible to get worse.

Looks like a worse Ramon vega

How many premier league centre backs have looked good this season?

I think only Chelsea and Saints back line. Both have very good full backs and two excellent CMs in front of them. Fazio really shouldn't be judged while we are in such a state as a unit.

People have gone way overboard on how "poor" he apparently is. I think he's a good player. The PL is a league like no other and will take some adjusting to. People's main gripe is how he is ill suited to a high line.

A lot of people have written him off so quickly. Yesterdays MOTD2 was absolutely pis* poor. In support of Michael Dawson, I think Kilbane and Phil Neville were out of order saying how poor Fazio looks. Pundits are part of the problem as to why fans get on players backs so quickly.

Yeah - Demichelis and Coloccini were far worse in their first 6 months in the EPL, and are now two of the best defenders in it.

He doesn't look comfortable yet. Needs a run of games. Very impressive in the air though.

Last edited:
What I don't get is that the bloke is 6 ft 14" and on more than one occasion, he mis-judges the bounce of the ball and it bounces over his head, like at an Under-10s match !

The guy is slow, cant pass, and gets its wrong positionally all the time.

You're getting it more wrong than him imo. He's done ok and will get better. Was highly rated in Spain, and you don't get that if you're slow (he actually isn't that slow), can't pass, and being positionally wrong all the time. Looks a lot better than that Lovren dude Liverpool signed for a gazillion £!

You're getting it more wrong than him imo. He's done ok and will get better. Was highly rated in Spain, and you don't get that if you're slow (he actually isn't that slow), can't pass, and being positionally wrong all the time. Looks a lot better than that Lovren dude Liverpool signed for a gazillion £!

By who?
He was highly rated on football manager and no more.
He was so good at Sevilla he got knocked out by Sevilla fans in a car park after a game telling him to "put his *******s into it".

The Fazio we all know.
[video=youtube;l4IyZO-4FDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4IyZO-4FDw[/video]

He doesn't look comfortable yet. Needs a run of games. Very impressive in the air though.

This for me as well we have needed a CB who wins the ball in the air and he can do that, once he has settled alongside Jan we will have a CB pairing that will do well.

Demichelis and Coloccini were far worse in their first 6 months in the EPL, and are now two of the best defenders in it.

They certainly were poor and written off... then suddenly became very useful. Fingers crossed big Faz does the same.

I think he has the attributes to do well in this league. It's a hard league to adapt to defensively, particularly coming from Spain. Very different ball-game.

City spunked, what, £32m on Mangala, who has been terrible and now been dropped by City. Let's all write him off too.

Also, you only have to look at Lovren at Saints last season to the complete clown that is playing for Liverpool this season to show what a settled and well-drilled defensive unit does for a player.

If Jose Fonte can look like a top-class defender under Poch and now Koeman, are we saying Fazio can't be the same?

Back