• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

The Times report Tottenham's attempts to sign Federico Fazio from Sevilla are stalling because of a poor relationship between clubs.

The Times report Tottenham's attempts to sign Federico Fazio from Sevilla are stalling because of a poor relationship between clubs.

Or we have sniffed that Villarreal maybe open to selling Musacchio for a more realistic amount now they think we are changing targets.

*This is not ITK, and was completly made up in my mind 30 seconds ago.

Not surprising about bad relationship with Sevilla. The negotiations for Luis Fabiano was really bad, and in response, Levy didn't do Sevilla any favors for Dos Santos. Lose-lose situations for all parties.

How does that work? The player had practically said his goodbyes and we had met the release clause hadn't we? If it had broke down I doubt it would be due to relationship between clubs...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Not surprising about bad relationship with Sevilla. The negotiations for Luis Fabiano was really bad, and in response, Levy didn't do Sevilla any favors for Dos Santos. Lose-lose situations for all parties.

They did us a favour there.

I guess it all started with us nicking Juande off them.

We also stole their manager and somehow convinced them to pay 7 million pounds for Didier Zokora :lol::lol:

How does that work? The player had practically said his goodbyes and we had met the release clause hadn't we? If it had broke down I doubt it would be due to relationship between clubs...

Spurspanyol was mentioning something about it yesterday on his twitter page.

Apparently, the way that it usually works in Spain is that, if the buying club meets the buyout clause, the two clubs will work together in order for the buying club to avoid having to pay Spanish VAT. But if the selling club is miffed and refuses to deal, then the player himself has to buy out his contract - making the VAT unavoidable (don't ask me how or why!).

And that's what Sevilla have apparently done. Refused to deal with us. It doesn't benefit them in any way (other than to feed a sense of small minded satisfaction). They can't stop Fazio leaving (we'd obviously pay him so that he can pay his buyout clause). But they can force us to pay an extra €2m in tax.

Interesting, thanks jimmy. I doubt the deal would fall through because of the tax if we really wanted him though...

Actually, come to think of it, I suppose that being difficult could benefit Sevilla.

It is just possible, after all, that a club could see value in a player at €10m but not at €12m. Refusing to deal with us could, therefore, result in them keeping the player. Seems a bit of a long shot but, if they rate him highly enough, could be a worthwhile tactic.

I see that Sevilla's Sporting Director, Monchi, has now admitted that Spurs will meet Fazio's buyout clause and that Sevilla will not help us to do the deal because they want to keep the player.

So it will be €12m.

I see that Sevilla's Sporting Director, Monchi, has now admitted that Spurs will meet Fazio's buyout clause and that Sevilla will not help us to do the deal because they want to keep the player.

So it will be €12m.

Or we'll move elsewhere (back to Musacchio?) now the deal got £4m more expensive

Bayern managed not to pay tax on javi martinez deal 2 years ago, although Bilbao refused to sell. So how did they do that?

Or we'll move elsewhere (back to Musacchio?) now the deal got £4m more expensive

€2m more expensive.

Though I might have confused the issue by getting his buyout clause wrong! I thought it was €10m (£8m). But if it's €8m, then we'll need to pay just under €10m, I guess.

Jokes aside, I remember that Bayern was having a big headache dealing with Bilbao. They never sell their better players and would rather have their players run down their contracts (i.e., Llorente). Bayern lined up an army of lawyers and in the end, javi Martinez had to buy out his own contract, and somehow Bayern figured out that they did not owe tax. I think it was the same way with Manure. Ander Herrera bought out his own contract from Bilbao and I don't remember seeing anywhere that manure had to pay extra tax.

Back