• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fed up

I will always support us. Anyone who knows me on here will know that. But, I think that it's not unfair to vent frustration when our form and performances in the league have been as poor as they have been.

We are fifth in the league and topped our champions league group.

We are fifth in the league and topped our champions league group.

We're 5th not because of our performances. We didn't deserve to win against either Bournemouth or Crystal Palace, and were fortunate that Saudi Sportswashing Machine went down to ten men or we weren't beating them. We were dreadful in our home draws, and couldn't pass the ball tonight. Big changes needed.

We're 5th not because of our performances. We didn't deserve to win against either Bournemouth or Crystal Palace, and were fortunate that Saudi Sportswashing Machine went down to ten men or we weren't beating them. We were dreadful in our home draws, and couldn't pass the ball tonight. Big changes needed.
We should sign seven players and change managers twice. That worked a treat last time.

We should sign seven players and change managers twice. That worked a treat last time.

Haha. I think we need to add one or two players. But we need to get results soon. Maybe I'm just frustrated as I see how capable we can be, and yet we're doing less than we are capable of. I'll be there for every home match, and even if we finish mid table, I'll support us every match, but, it felt like we were on the cusp of great times and then just threw it all away.

Haha. I think we need to add one or two players. But we need to get results soon. Maybe I'm just frustrated as I see how capable we can be, and yet we're doing less than we are capable of. I'll be there for every home match, and even if we finish mid table, I'll support us every match, but, it felt like we were on the cusp of great times and then just threw it all away.
I agree. This recent run is such an unwelcome return to the results we used to get. Hopefully Levy will have patience with Poch - especially with what else is out there - and Poch will turn it around before the players that we need to stay decide to sling their greedy hooks.

COYS!!!!! FOR MOTHERF UCKING LIFE!!!!

I agree. This recent run is such an unwelcome return to the results we used to get. Hopefully Levy will have patience with Poch - especially with what else is out there - and Poch will turn it around before the players that we need to stay decide to sling their greedy hooks.

That's one thing that is a big worry. If we finish outside top 4, we are likely to lose at least a couple of players. We lost one in the summer and we are in the CL. Then what happens next?

This time last year

qiX4Cbj.png

there's no way thats real, we were awesome last season, I remember being angry about the liverpool game so I'll give you that one, and we were unquestionably ineffective in the CL so I won't argue those, but I clearly remember winning all the rest by 5 goals

it wouldn't be a tottenham forum without a thread like this when we're not even in december. Really, the sky is falling, tonights performance was actually pretty good, we just didnt have the luck and we were beaten by 2 world class strikes, i'm a betting man and I'm very confident we'll be top 3 this season looking at the the other top 6 clubs but this thread does make me laugh with it being less than a month since we beat Real Madrid, yes that Madrid 3-1.

I don't even think this is knee jerk now. Other than the CL, and the one PL match against Liverpool, we have been terrible. What's gone wrong this season. Don't give me the Wembley talk rubbish, I've heard it all before. We have a great group of players, many say the best first team in the PL..I think City have better on reflection. Even if their defence is suspect. Yet, we struggle to put in a shift. We don't look like winning. We just give up and lose. What has happened?!

But Wembley is a huge factor. 6pts dropped against Swansea, Burnley and West Brom would put us on 30pts. We all knew it would be an issue but coupled with our inability to win away at the top 4.
Anyway I would be happy with top 4 and a cup win.

there's no way thats real, we were awesome last season, I remember being angry about the liverpool game so I'll give you that one, and we were unquestionably ineffective in the CL so I won't argue those, but I clearly remember winning all the rest by 5 goals

It's real! We were even worse this time out last season.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matches/?venue=All&competition=All&season=2016/2017

It started picking up for us in December last year (although we did lose at Yanited). So stop panicking, people, we're coming. :)

This time last year

qiX4Cbj.png

That’s made me feel better. Amazing what you forget.

In a similar vein, we deserved something out of the Chelsea and United games, and would have won last night if we had scored the two open goal situations we created. Ifs and buts...

You plastic.

Honestly, are we expected to win every game ? We have to go through downs like everyone else, now it's Poche who has to figure this out, get us bouncing again - at Watford. I don't think we have lost at wemberlee apart from the chavs - lost away to manyoo, scum the 'foxes'. I think it's small margins where we have tripped up, but we do have to start picking it up a whole lot, none of this hide behind injured players crap. I get what Poche is saying about motivation, they all have to start wanting to thump each and every team, regardless - if we took one other of our chances last night, it's a good away draw.

December 14th and 17th will be interesting dates for me.

I can’t believe we have people even saying stuff like this. There was some clown on BBC last night asking if this was the beginning of the end for Poch. It’s utterly mind boggling.

We’re on a bad run of 5 or 6 games. Poch gets stuff wrong imo (the book, Danny Rose) so his decisions are not beyond scrutiny or question but his position absolutely is. I don’t care if we finish 17th this season because, for me, Pochettino has done more than enough in his time at Tottenham to, barring something bizarre happening, stay as our manager for as long as he likes.

He’s one of the best managers in the world and we’re lucky to have him. Some of the drivel I’ve seen posted recently justifies the bad reputation our fans have.

On one hand I hate for a fan to not feel he or she cannot express their opinion. But in moments like these I honestly feel like there is just no helping some fans.

Honestly what is your expectation. We spend the 6th most in the league in terms of wages. We are nowhere near the league leaders in terms of spending on transfers, they are on a different planet. If you're gripe is about that, then take it up with Levy. To have a go at Pochettino is quite simply head scratching. He has got us here with practically no budget comparatively to his rivals. Yet consistently we have been amongst the best 2/3 teams in the league for past few seasons.

Tell me what exactly do you expect him to be doing?

We had all the play and all the chances, they just scored two half-chances and we scuffed ours. That is the whole point of football, crazy things can happen in such a low scoring game. Whenever Kane/Son score a worldy, the oppo will feel the same way.

I feel your frustration, but we'll be back soon.

This season was always going to be brick - Wembley etc.

Just didn’t think it would be this bad - we haven’t played well in the league and it’s great saying we started like this last year, but we won nothing - not the year before. We have to start better

Roll on next season.

Yeah, fed up too. But it's interesting, and it's time for us all to stick together, get behind the manager and trust that he is the person that can figure this out. He has given us some frankly ludicrous seasons way beyond our wildest dreams and he's always figured it out when we've had blips before.

This may be the biggest, and the most different because it seems to be that the players are genuinely trying less, or running less hard. There is a confidence issue with some but he is identifying the biggest problem in that they are not working as hard. How he turns this one around will be a test for him, because he has always had confidence in his authority. In a weird way, it's being challenged now by players that maybe have grown over the last few years, all achieved something in terms of CL finishes and are getting interest from top clubs, contract issues, wages issues. There's probably a few players that are thinking they don't necessarily need to run as hard anymore, and a few that still buy in. So I would bet the squad is more fractured than it has been for a while. The spirit doesn't seem to be as strong. You've probably got 3 camps, new signings, players that are maybe thinking they deserve a move, and players that are still bought in. Getting everyone in one camp was what helped us do so well.

I'm theorizing, but Poch has said before that players started thinking about internationals, holidays and contracts like before the Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-1. I wouldn't be surprised if he sees it happening again and as much as he's tried to be accommodating and understanding, it feels like he's had enough.

This season was always going to be brick - Wembley etc.

Just didn’t think it would be this bad - we haven’t played well in the league and it’s great saying we started like this last year, but we won nothing - not the year before. We have to start better.

We didn't play well v Chelsea Liverpool Huddersfield or West Ham ?

In danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water some of you at the moment - I know it sucks to be playing below our level but at least try and have some perspective

Back