• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Favourite stadia that we have been to

Yeah looked it up today. Maxime Lestienne. In some ways he reminded me of Lennon, small and fast with good balance. But he is way more direct and always takes on a man. When he did get a chance to shoot he was very accurate. He dived badly for the first penalty in the game though. Seems he is 22 now so he needs to progress and move on soon. That said I think he could be picked up for a small outley and would be a good player suited to premiership football.

They need a new stadium. That one is falling apart. They also share it with Cercle so they both need it done. Great atmosphere though considering the weather and the opposition. Hope to go see them again at some point in the future.
Brugge in general is a nice town. The Venice of the North. Been to it twice but in the summer and enjoyed it.

and yep, Lestienne has a good left foot. He seems to be more of a winger than our man Chadli. I still do expect Chadli to improve though.

As for the stadium, there were even plans for 2 new stadiums. One over 40k for Club and one around 15k for Cercle but it will probably take years before anything is done.
In fact, quite a few stadiums in Belgium look as if nothing has been done since the 80s. Anderlecht's stadium isn't pretty while the worst one probably is Antwerp's Bosuil. For a romantic it's nice to see but when you realize these are traditionally big clubs in Belgium, it's less cool.

New Wembley is pretty amazing (as was old Wembley)

Most other stadia I have been to are crappy:

Old library
Vicarage road
San Siro
Hapoel tel Aviv
Stamford bridge
Brammal lane
Sjp
Carrow road
Millennium stadium

No place like home!

Bernabeau is special…the old Scumbury was always a great laugh…La Bonbonerra…have to say I always liked The Valley!…West Ham when we win is another cracking place!…Anfield is a great place IMO…

The biggest letdown was the Maracana…this was back in the 90s mind...

Not a fan of New Wembley, although I'm probably being biased because the 2 times i've been there Spurs have lost in the FA cup semis. But it feels really soulless, unlike the old Wembley which was amazing. Oddly the old Wembley only had 10,000 seats less than the new one, which is crazy considering the size difference.

Not a fan of New Wembley, although I'm probably being biased because the 2 times i've been there Spurs have lost in the FA cup semis. But it feels really soulless, unlike the old Wembley which was amazing. Oddly the old Wembley only had 10,000 seats less than the new one, which is crazy considering the size difference.

I agree, been a few times and sat in different places. It's cold and windy inside, away from the seating it feels like just another stadium. Nothing special about it. Plus, the atmosphere at games is usually lame, the extra loud PA giving a countdown is crap. Ah well.

I agree, been a few times and sat in different places. It's cold and windy inside, away from the seating it feels like just another stadium. Nothing special about it. Plus, the atmosphere at games is usually lame, the extra loud PA giving a countdown is crap. Ah well.

Out of all the modern stadiums that i have been to i would say that I like Wembley the best. The problem is that most of them are identikit bowls, with the same seating rake and distance etc blah blah! at least Wembley is unique in its exterior and with the Arch. I still wish they would have moved the old towers to the walkway or something though. I do miss them them and it would have been a nice step back to the history of the place.

Also though its a shame its built up on a plateux much like the Emirates and the possible new white hart lane. If they built them down into the ground then you would get better protection from high winds. it is an issue and the recent games against Germany were freezing.

Back