• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Favourite stadia that we have been to

Estadio Azteca :cool:

went to a league game there between Club America and some other team i forget the name of - America won 4-1 iirc. the stadium is huge, but sadly was only about one third full - i imagine full it would be quite the experience. went in a group of 4, bought tickets off a tout about half hour before kick off - no doubt with a huge gringo tax added on. was sat behind the goal and next to a fenced off section of the ground where the home 'ultras' were based - so it was a pretty good atmosphere throughout the game - was 3 years a go now and i still can remember some of the songs they sang :lol:

will dig out some photos later...

310635_10150795608320562_793103103_n.jpg

317829_10150795614515562_103102931_n.jpg

292015_10150795613785562_133186550_n.jpg

310553_10150795611340562_619424333_n.jpg

WHL

Signal Iduna Park

wnpp.jpg

Even though our seats were behind the goal, the corner doesn't curve, so we were looking straight at their South Stand.

Griffin Park

4fci.jpg

--

One of my least favorite is Amsterdam Arena. What a ****hole.

Ali Sami Yen - standing with the UltrAslan although maybe it was a good thing I didn't understand a word of Turkish

De Kuip - atmosphere can be intense but it disgusts me too as I understand Dutch

It's a modern stadium but Ajax's fans are as poor as Chelsea's when it comes to supporting their side. A real case of only singing when they're winning.

It is poorly designed because of the roof. I think it's the first one with a retractable roof. The stands are incredibly steep to be able to fit them inside.

San Siro.

Showing its age since its redevelopment, 25 years is a long time with new stadiuma having cropped up but my word, what a theatre to play football in. Watched Spurs beat AC Milan 0-1 and then went back the next day to do a tour and managed to get onto the pitch and in the area by the goal where Bale got his hat-trick.

Nou Camp.

Felt like Greek Theatre from thousands of years back with people treating it like a show as opposed to a football match. Saw Barca destroy Valencia 6-0 towards the end of the 2007-08 season and it was amazing to see Messi, Henry, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Gudjohnsen all in full flow.

Estadio da Luz.

Didn't manage to catch a game but did a tour of the place and it is just amazing. Manages to catch a lot of history from the old stadium and retain a pretty fiery atmosphere I am reliably informed.

I went to See Club Brugge play over the weekend. For one of the biggest teams in Belguim their stadium is preetty poort. Really cheap concrete, dripping all over the place with the rain. Was amazed to see that Eidur Gudjohnsson plays for them as I did not realize that. They won 3-1 in atrocious conditions. Had a little winger on the left, very tricky, fast and a good finish on him. Would be a great squad pickup for us, although this is the only game I have seen him play.

Ticket was 20 euros but as it was Valentines day they were doing 2 for 1. So basically 10 euros each. Stadium interestingly had all the food places enclosed insie an outer fencing system to you had to buy from their sellers basically. Its nice to see pretty good quality football and a decent price. Although i hated the constant smoking from all the fans around us. And it was Freezing as well as the corners were uncovered.

Been to (abroad):

Nou Cap
Bernebau
Estadio do Dragao
Estadio De luz
JB Stadion Brugge
Cowboy Stadium
the Meadowlands, NY

The best was the Estadio do Dragao. Unique design. Good seats. Good price. Great atmosphere from the Home end. And Quality football.

The Buffalo Bills NFL stadium. It's a massive bowl type with beer stands on the concourse, never had to queue for more than 5 minutes. I got sunburn in September AND December. Good times.

Very jealous of some of the foreign stadia some of you guys have been too.

I have only British grounds to choose from so far, and upto now, other than the obvious WHL, Liberty Stadium has to be one of my favourites

I went to See Club Brugge play over the weekend. For one of the biggest teams in Belguim their stadium is preetty poort. Really cheap concrete, dripping all over the place with the rain. Was amazed to see that Eidur Gudjohnsson plays for them as I did not realize that. They won 3-1 in atrocious conditions. Had a little winger on the left, very tricky, fast and a good finish on him. Would be a great squad pickup for us, although this is the only game I have seen him play.

Ticket was 20 euros but as it was Valentines day they were doing 2 for 1. So basically 10 euros each. Stadium interestingly had all the food places enclosed insie an outer fencing system to you had to buy from their sellers basically. Its nice to see pretty good quality football and a decent price. Although i hated the constant smoking from all the fans around us. And it was Freezing as well as the corners were uncovered.
That must have been Lestienne. Looks a decent prospect from the occasional highlights I see of Club Brugge over here in Holland.

Brugge want to build a new stadium but I believe the plans aren't yet definite.

That must have been Lestienne. Looks a decent prospect from the occasional highlights I see of Club Brugge over here in Holland.

Brugge want to build a new stadium but I believe the plans aren't yet definite.

Yeah looked it up today. Maxime Lestienne. In some ways he reminded me of Lennon, small and fast with good balance. But he is way more direct and always takes on a man. When he did get a chance to shoot he was very accurate. He dived badly for the first penalty in the game though. Seems he is 22 now so he needs to progress and move on soon. That said I think he could be picked up for a small outley and would be a good player suited to premiership football.

They need a new stadium. That one is falling apart. They also share it with Cercle so they both need it done. Great atmosphere though considering the weather and the opposition. Hope to go see them again at some point in the future.

The Amex is a very fine example of a modern stadium, especially now they have put the extra seats in.
They are filling it too for league matches.

Just dont try to drive there

The Amex is a very fine example of a modern stadium, especially now they have put the extra seats in.
They are filling it too for league matches.

Just dont try to drive there

nice looking stadium from the outside. But to me it looks unfinished on the inside. One of the main stands looks like it smissing the upper tier of seats. Both sections behind the goal have a wall behing then like the old sainsburys end at Palace and the roof slopes for some reason. But compared to where they used to play its lovely. I just think its a little odd inside.

Nou Camp.

Its ok in the summer. Try it in the cold or rain. Then you are either soaked or Freezing. I do like the way that half of the stadium is below ground level though. I think thats great for access as to get to the top its only halfway. I tell you what i was amazed with. In New York the old Giants Stadium had these mammoth esculators to get you up to the upper tier. I have never seen that anywhere else. It just made me think that americans needs everything to be automated. Drive thru this and that and escalators going everywhere.

Back