• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Favourite players that play for other Premier League clubs

Though it pains me to say it, Walcott. We all laughed when he said he wanted to play a more central role, but he'd delivered the goods.
Start of this season there was very little between Lennon an Walcott, not now, Walcott's contribution to games puts his way ahead.

They play in completely different positions - a direct comparison is nearly impossible

I think he means he expects to like them after the game having played like crap...not sure if very likely though...

I was actually being serious...in that England-Brazil game I actually joined in the calling Wheelchair "Jack" stuff [after a few pints]. I think he's a twunt, but i do like the way he plays.

I like the theory of Walcott, without actually rating him that much. Like someone said, i think he'd be brilliant in the system we play now.

Alot of this owes to Football Manager tho...those walcott players are always out of this world on recent games...

Kompany. A complete CB and a team leader.

Yaya. There is a type of dominant midfielder that is very rare. I think the two most influential players in the PL era were Vieira and Keane. Both could dominate, help make the defence solid and still get forward or help get the attack started. It almost gave their team an extra player. Essien looked like he might develop into that kind of player but due to illness and injury never did. Yaya is the closest since, even though he is generally played in a more forward position at the moment.

I actually think Welbeck would do a superb job for us. Not the most prolific, but his hold up play and link up with his team is excellent.

Would just love to have Lukaku in our team. I think he's the sort of player who is the missing ingredient we need.

Mata is just an exquisite player, it's stupid how much talent Spain have produced at the moment. Aguero is fantastic and also seems a modest decent kind of guy.

Anyone who says Wheelchair go and get your head checked. Had a dream I got in a scrap with him the other night. Cnunt.

Spot on for me with those two choices. Think Lukaku would score in a bagful in our team, not gonna happen though. Pretty sure we were in for him before Chelsea came sniffing, just like Mata,Hazard,Marin.Oscar
Do they have scouts or just read the newspapers, see who we are interested in,then blow us out of the water?

To complete my list Dimitar Berbatov,Vidic,Ashley Williams,Ya Ya Toure

Though it pains me to say it, Walcott. We all laughed when he said he wanted to play a more central role, but he'd delivered the goods.
Start of this season there was very little between Lennon an Walcott, not now, Walcott's contribution to games puts his way ahead.

What are you basing that analysis on? That a striker scores / assists more than a right midfielder?

I thought Lennon was better and had more effect than Walcott on Sunday.

What are you basing that analysis on? That a striker scores / assists more than a right midfielder?

I thought Lennon was better and had more effect than Walcott on Sunday.

Difficult to say. Walcott made a lot of good runs but was let down by his midfield.

Lennon made one or two good runs and was let in by a peach of a pass from Parker.

I'd base that Analysis on Walcott having a greater influence on games. Have to say a front three with Bale and Walcott as the wide men would be immense.

Last edited:
I think we could do with a bit of a wildcard for those games where it's not happening. Someone like Ben Arfa would be perfect. Great player who seems to have tamed his demons.

I like McCarthy at Wigan too. He's definitely on an upward curve and I think he'll develop into a top midfielder.

I think I'm missing the point of this thread.

I hate to admit it but my favourite player right now has to be Suraez. Why? because he does the business week in week out and seems to be relentlessly prolific in front of goal.

Hazard - class player
Cazorla - technically excellent, wasted in their ranks
Berbatov - still has it, we could use him
Ben Arfa - skills
Sissoko - great buy
Yaya Toure - strongest in the league except Sandro
Tevez - still a beast and major goal threat

Ben Arfa
Sissoko
Lampard
Mata
Vidic
Welbeck
Sturridge
Pilkington
Sessegnon
Fletcher
Aguero
Yaya
Michu
De Guzman
Dyer
Puncheon
Mirallas
Baines

I think a lot of people don't get this thread.
Its about your favourite players not about which player you rate.

I mean people have massive ****s like RVP, Hazard and Suarez on their lists.

I think a lot of people don't get this thread.
Its about your favourite players not about which player you rate.

I mean people have massive ****s like RVP, Hazard and Suarez on their lists.

Must admit I scratched my head at a few of the names being mentioned.

Leighton Baines... scruffy urchin, likes his music, bit of a character.. and a great, great player. Would love him to come to Spurs... a bit like the Pat Nevin of today.

Back