• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Favourite/Least Favourite Grounds

My favourite used to be Maine Road... nice big standing area and all under cover and right next to the Mancs so lots of banter....

The worst has to be Elland Road - total opposite to above. Stuck at the end of one side, no cover and too small

Loved the Bombonera, Argentina. Also went to a World Cup game in Hamburg and that was a tidy stadium, great atmosphere too.

Surprised to see people citing Maine Road as a favourite. Wasn't that in Moss Side? It was one of my dad's least favourite grounds to go to because of the area it was in. He also hated The Old Den for the same reason.

Loved the Bombonera, Argentina. Also went to a World Cup game in Hamburg and that was a tidy stadium, great atmosphere too.

Been there too and yes, quite something...saw Corinthians play at the Pacambeau too in the late 90s, taught a bunch of their lads how to sing 'the referee's a clown shoe'...was told not to stand in that section under any circumstance by the hotel concierge. Great lads, they loved my Spurs shirt (not sure they knew us mind!) but loved the whole English chanting thing. Excellent experience. brick match. Settled by a great goal from a player I cannot remember!

Surprised to see people citing Maine Road as a favourite. Wasn't that in Moss Side? It was one of my dad's least favourite grounds to go to because of the area it was in. He also hated The Old Den for the same reason.

It was indeed, but that didn't stop it from being a good day out, though yes, you had to be smart and sharpish on your toes when leaving!

Back