• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fan Advisory Board

Gotta laugh at the acronym FAB when things are anything but at the moment :D

What image do you get from it?

3a8efbc62437f12eaf57db5e5577fc32.jpg

or

https_2F2Fs3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com2Fvms-tv-images-prod2F20172F032F586642FTHUN_Thunderbirds_1920_V1-1024x577.jpg

Another step into the abyss.
Why are people even getting involved with this? Its PR. I wouldnt have any confidence on most football fans to put their shoes on their appropriate feet. There is a very easy way to change things at any club stop following them, get a life.

Because every clam out there is now falling over themselves to appear more caring to it's "customers" (That's their official word for us btw, not fans). Call it appeasement, wokeness, pandering, whatever...IDGAF about any of it.

Last edited:
Another step into the abyss.

Because every clam out there is now falling over themselves to appear more caring to it's "customers" (That's their official word for us btw, not fans). Call it appeasement, wokeness, pandering, whatever...IDGAF about any of it.

Or - call it something that the government is going to legislate for so we are getting in ahead of that and can hopefully help influence what that legislation will look like by already having a fan advisory board in place - established through discussion with fan groups which gives it more credence.
We already have more fan engagement than most clubs anyway but the board get knocked for not considering the fans. Now they will have a structure in place to do exactly that and it’s just ‘woke, PR, pandering’. I mean what do you want them to do?

The ‘customer’ thing is jarring I agree because football is not like any other “industry” because fandom is built on emotional connections and tribalism, not on economical, financial or even, sometime, logical grounds. But… when fans moan about ST prices, ticket prices, and value for money they are to some extent setting themselves out as customers. As soon as you start expecting a certain level of service in return for payment you are a customer rather than a fan. (I don’t mean you personally).

Dont know why people think this will make any difference, we vote every few years for local and national representatives and yet the same people still run things and do what they like.

The Club’s Fan Advisory Board (FAB) met for the third time last week.

The purpose of the meeting was for the FAB to meet members of the Club’s Board, including Chairman Daniel Levy, and to have an introduction to the Club’s strategic objectives, off-pitch performance and plans.

Summary:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/dgvpouo1/fan-advisory-board-meeting-minutes-5923.pdf

Come's over well I think from notes.

Seems less hostile and open than when it was lead purely by the trust. You act like adults and ask rational questions people are inclined to engage.

Probing the club on the number of tampons you can take into anfield likes it's end of world stuff maybe wasn't the right tact

Come's over well I think from notes.

Seems less hostile and open than when it was lead purely by the trust. You act like adults and ask rational questions people are inclined to engage.

Probing the club on the number of tampons you can take into anfield likes it's end of world stuff maybe wasn't the right tact

one for every clam there?

The Club’s Fan Advisory Board (FAB) met for the third time last week.

The purpose of the meeting was for the FAB to meet members of the Club’s Board, including Chairman Daniel Levy, and to have an introduction to the Club’s strategic objectives, off-pitch performance and plans.

Summary:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/dgvpouo1/fan-advisory-board-meeting-minutes-5923.pdf

A lot in there, interesting piece re transfers and other stuff

- shared a breakdown of transfer spending since 2018-19 after opening the stadium, highlighting that the Club has spent £847,442,145m (net spend of £605,811,964)
- Some nice stuff re local responsibility
- Re Naming rights -> DL explained that as well as identifying the right brand, the sector the brand operates in is important. Finding a brand and sector that matches the Club’s values is vital. There is a trade off with the Club’s own brand; where the value of the exposure of brand ‘Tottenham Hotspur Stadium’ in different markets draws in other revenue and benefits.

A lot in there, interesting piece re transfers and other stuff

- shared a breakdown of transfer spending since 2018-19 after opening the stadium, highlighting that the Club has spent £847,442,145m (net spend of £605,811,964)
- Some nice stuff re local responsibility
- Re Naming rights -> DL explained that as well as identifying the right brand, the sector the brand operates in is important. Finding a brand and sector that matches the Club’s values is vital. There is a trade off with the Club’s own brand; where the value of the exposure of brand ‘Tottenham Hotspur Stadium’ in different markets draws in other revenue and benefits.

I wonder what we value our name on our stadium at? Like if we were to pay for it, would it be worth 5m a year? Or £2.5m?

Henry Fords quote springs to mind: I know half my advertising doesn’t work, I just don’t know which half! Hard to quantify value of naming rights.

I wonder what we value our name on our stadium at? Like if we were to pay for it, would it be worth 5m a year? Or £2.5m?

Henry Fords quote springs to mind: I know half my advertising doesn’t work, I just don’t know which half! Hard to quantify value of naming rights.
I get what you mean, one that springs to mind as it was mentioned recently is the NFL tie in, I believe they referred to it as the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, how much of our exposure in the US would be diluted if the NFL press releases and NFL adverts were about teams going to the UK to play at The Audi Stadium or whatever...

I get what you mean, one that springs to mind as it was mentioned recently is the NFL tie in, I believe they referred to it as the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, how much of our exposure in the US would be diluted if the NFL press releases and NFL adverts were about teams going to the UK to play at The Audi Stadium or whatever...

I'd go for "Crazy Al biggest Mazda dealer in Idaho Stadium"

Back