• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabrice Muamba

We are not going to win the cup anyway so yeah i do. I think everyone on here knows how much i support tottenham, been a member on here for 10 years been going to games for 20 years must have been to nearly 300 games in my life.

But when we played man u and they were going for the league ahead of arsenal, i hoped man u would win that day, a few years ago we drew brighton in the cup and i wanted them to win as they needed the money and i knew we would not win it anyway.

So if we play bolton again yes i hope they win, i will not cheer them or support them but i hope that they win and it helps them as a club and a group of people move forward and i do not care what anyone thinks of me for that.

I'm sorry but what an absolute load of bollox. We're not going to win the cup anyway? Says who???

I know from twitter that Pedders, a longtime poster on here has made a massive "get well soon" banner for Muamba to be displayed tonight, look out for it

Good luck with the rollercoaster ride mate. I've been through most tests they could think of and, to be honest, it's all more of an inconvinience than anything. Once you start speaking with friends and family, you'll be amazed at how many people have had some sort of palpitation or arrhythmia.

Cheers mate. Trying not to let it get to me, and doing as much exercise as I am allowed to just to keep myself level. Yes, I have noticed that a lot of people have experiences, so it's made things a bit easier, but I've got further blood tests, a 24 hour ECG and a CT Scan still to come. Not going to fret over it, though.

Amazing testimony from Dr Deaner, the THFC fan who ran onto WHL pitch to treat Muamba.. 'I guess the term miraculous could be used here. In effect he was dead for more than an hour. Took 15 shocks to get his heart beating. I walked in he said 'Hi Doc'
Dr Deaner on Muamba: "I said 'I understand you're a very good footballer'. He said 'I try'."

Full story from the Telegraph soon.

the doc said Muamba's heart had stopped for 78 mins..just wow the fact he is still alive now and on the road to recovery

Amazing testimony from Dr Deaner, the THFC fan who ran onto WHL pitch to treat Muamba.. 'I guess the term miraculous could be used here. In effect he was dead for more than an hour. Took 15 shocks to get his heart beating. I walked in he said 'Hi Doc'
Dr Deaner on Muamba: "I said 'I understand you're a very good footballer'. He said 'I try'."

Amazing story. Shows how fitness helped to keep him alive IMO

That is bloody amazing!!!! Miraculous indeed.

Fabrice Muamba recovery described as 'miraculous' by doctor following Bolton midfielder's cardiac arrest

Dr Andrew Deaner, the cardiologist and Tottenham Hotspur supporter who leapt from his seat in the crowd and rushed on to the pitch to help Fabrice Muamba after the Bolton midfielder suffered a cardiac arrest during an FA Cup tie at White Hart Lane on Saturday, has described the player's recovery as "miraculous".

Dr Andrew Deaner described Muamba's recovery as "miraculous" after he was effectively brought back from the dead after the player's heart had stopped for over an hour.

"If you're going to use the term miraculous, I guess it could be used here," said Dr Deaner.

Muamba, 23, remains in intensive care at the London Chest Hospital where he had been in a critical state since Saturday evening. However, early signs of a recovery continue and the footballer on Monday night told Bolton's team doctor Jonathan Tobin he was "fine".

Dr Jonathan Tobin, who visited Muamba on Monday evening, said: "I'm glad to say that the early signs of recovery have continued. I went to see Fabrice last night. I went in and he said 'Hi, doc.'

"I asked him how he was and he said 'Fine'."

Dr Tobin said the player had asked him what had happened.

"I explained to him what had happened," he said. "That's the sort of level of communication I have had with Fabrice."

It took 15 shocks to get the player's heart started after he collapsed, he said.

Speaking at the hospital in Bethnal Green, east London, he told of his reaction when he first realised the player was in trouble.

Going through his head was the thought "Oh my GHod, it's Fabrice", he said.

He described how a paramedic had held his hips as he stood in the ambulance trying to treat the footballer on the way to the hospital.

Medics worked on Muamba for 48 minutes between his collapse and arrival at the hospital, Dr Tobin said.

At the hospital, doctors worked on him for another 30 minutes before his heart started beating again.

"In effect, he was dead in that time," Dr Tobin said.

He admitted he broke down in tears in the hospital corridor when the seriousness of what had happened to the player hit home - and added that he had feared the worst.

Dr Deaner added that he had visited Muamba in hospital after he had woken up and said that the player was able to make a joke. "I whispered into his ear 'What's your name?'," he said.

Muamba, Dr Deaner said, replied: "I said 'I understand you're a very good footballer'. And he said 'I try'."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/9158219/Fabrice-Muamba-recovery-described-as-miraculous-by-doctor-following-Bolton-midfielders-cardiac-arrest.html

Hoping for a full recovery. If he's talking like that can we rule out substantial brain damage? If so that is great news.

That's fantastic. Dr Deaner and all the medics should be given a reception at the game next week. And it should be done as a show of gratitude and respect for all that these people and others do every single day, not just Muamba.

I feel like this is the beginning of a bit of a Spurs-Bolton love-in...and I like that. In a world full of horrible news (the French anti-semitic killer for one), it's nice to have a genuine good story...so far anyway.

Just saw Dr Deaner's interview on BBC News there, he talked about what happened of course and seems a very professional man. He did make the comment to Muamba saying 'I hear you are a good footballer' - Muamba replied 'I try' this was right after 80 mins of CPR and 24hr of being anesthetized. Deaner said it was very moving to have that sense of humour in such circumstances and took a step back with tears in his eyes.

Since it's unlikely we'll sell out the Lane at short notice and on a week-night for the Bolton game maybe have super-cheap tickets for NHS/Emergency services staff?

Back