• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabrice Muamba

Here's a screenshot to avoid confusion

HY8j7.jpg

I cant believe we have left out the pitch rescue staff & the London Ambulance Staff that continued the resucitation from N17 to E1,no mean feat in a moving vehicle.

The pitch rescue staff all work for the NHS, Paramedics, EMT's etc & fellow Spurs fans! They do it to get to see a game & for the extra dosh. And to help!

The biggest experts in the field of CPR are the above Staff they do it every day, from Paediatrics to the elderly. I bet if you asked the experts (Physio's) etc, the last time they carried out CPR it would have been on a dummy!

Well done Pitch Rescue & The London Ambulance Service!

and well done to ALL staff involved, what a great team!

Aye, but a cyst or other pocket of infection can occur anywhere in the body and be leaking toxins into your blood that can send the heart racing.

Edit: not to freak you out: if that's what it is, it's not necessarily anything to panic about; chances are your body would eventually defeat the infection and the palpitations would just disappear on their own. I had similar episodes myself, 20 years ago now. No cause was ever identified.

Thanks for the concern mate. I had a lot of blood tests, so I'd be surprised, but never say never I guess.

Anyway, back on topic, I see that Muamba has been asking to see his son. That's fantastic news.

Seeing as people have been mentioning their own experiences, I was diagnosed with a suspected arrythmia last week. Spent a day or so in hospital. Apparently I have a Sinus Bradycardia (basically a resting heart rate under 60bpm) which in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, but the frequent dizzy spells I was experiencing were a bit of a worry, to say the least. I have further tests to come, so not needing/getting treatment yet, but I have been told to stop going to the gym for the time being. There's a good chance that it's because I went from 100kg last year, and decided enough was enough, then went for it, and have lost 15kg so far, but it's best to get it all checked out. The heart is kind of a big deal, after all...

This thread proves watching Spurs is bad for your heart! Must be so boring to be a Villa fan, bet they all have strong regular hearts. O:)

We are not going to win the cup anyway so yeah i do. I think everyone on here knows how much i support tottenham, been a member on here for 10 years been going to games for 20 years must have been to nearly 300 games in my life.

But when we played man u and they were going for the league ahead of arsenal, i hoped man u would win that day, a few years ago we drew brighton in the cup and i wanted them to win as they needed the money and i knew we would not win it anyway.

So if we play bolton again yes i hope they win, i will not cheer them or support them but i hope that they win and it helps them as a club and a group of people move forward and i do not care what anyone thinks of me for that.
How do you know? We're arguably the best team left in the competition.

All along I've wanted Muamba to recover well and be able to play football again. So far he's doing very well, so we'll see if he ever steps foot on the pitch again. But I still want Spurs to win - we don't owe Bolton anything.

weird coincidence......

I collapsed in Spurs v Bolton match and I know what Fabrice is going through, says Fadiga

The sight of Fabrice Muamba collapsing on the White Hart Lane pitch brought back disturbing memories for a former Trotters star, who suffered a similar ordeal back in 2004.

Former Senegal international Khalilou Fadiga, now retired, has not slept since hearing of Muamba's cardiac arrest at White Hart Lane.

The ex-Inter Milan midfielder was also playing for Bolton against Tottenham when he collapsed on the pitch after suffering a cardiac arrhythmia as he warmed up for a Carling Cup clash.

Fadiga expressed to The Sun that he was glad the incident happened in England due to the expert medical care available.

He said: 'At the same time that I’m sad, I’m glad because it was in England and people are very, very professional when something like this happens.
'I was so happy it happened to me in Bolton, if it was somewhere else other than England I was not going to be like that. I would not be here.
'That is why I am always thankful for Bolton and England. It’s the same in England everywhere where you play professional football.'

full article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2117538/Fabrice-Muamba-news-Khalilou-Fadiga-knows-Muamba-going-through.html?

Seeing as people have been mentioning their own experiences, I was diagnosed with a suspected arrythmia last week. Spent a day or so in hospital. Apparently I have a Sinus Bradycardia (basically a resting heart rate under 60bpm) which in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, but the frequent dizzy spells I was experiencing were a bit of a worry, to say the least. I have further tests to come, so not needing/getting treatment yet, but I have been told to stop going to the gym for the time being. There's a good chance that it's because I went from 100kg last year, and decided enough was enough, then went for it, and have lost 15kg so far, but it's best to get it all checked out. The heart is kind of a big deal, after all...

Good luck with the rollercoaster ride mate. I've been through most tests they could think of and, to be honest, it's all more of an inconvinience than anything. Once you start speaking with friends and family, you'll be amazed at how many people have had some sort of palpitation or arrhythmia.

I'm only joining the thread now, so forgive me if this has already been discussed...but it's quite frightening for all really. It's concerning for me watching a 23 year old football collapse. I'm 24, try to run 30-40km a week and consider myself in good shape. What's to say it couldn't happen to me? Or anyone else in the world?

Sorry to hear of the other lads with heart issues. As with any tragic situation, hopefully some good comes out of it and makes people take health and heart issues seriously.

weird coincidence......

I collapsed in Spurs v Bolton match and I know what Fabrice is going through, says Fadiga

The sight of Fabrice Muamba collapsing on the White Hart Lane pitch brought back disturbing memories for a former Trotters star, who suffered a similar ordeal back in 2004.

Former Senegal international Khalilou Fadiga, now retired, has not slept since hearing of Muamba's cardiac arrest at White Hart Lane.

The ex-Inter Milan midfielder was also playing for Bolton against Tottenham when he collapsed on the pitch after suffering a cardiac arrhythmia as he warmed up for a Carling Cup clash.

we're officially a fudging curse!

I'm only joining the thread now, so forgive me if this has already been discussed...but it's quite frightening for all really. It's concerning for me watching a 23 year old football collapse. I'm 24, try to run 30-40km a week and consider myself in good shape. What's to say it couldn't happen to me? Or anyone else in the world?

Sorry to hear of the other lads with heart issues. As with any tragic situation, hopefully some good comes out of it and makes people take health and heart issues seriously.
It's proof that exercise is bad for you mate

You should stick to a light stroll and 7 sit ups

All that running will ruin your knees :)

Muamba was visited on Tuesday by Bolton team-mates Kevin Davies, Nigel Reo-Coker, Darren Pratley and Mark Davies, plus Spurs left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto.

Owen coyle is an absolute credit to himself and bolton. What a guy, really, really hope that bolton stay up this season

Back