• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** FA Cup 4th Round - Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project **

Solid/very good defensively, absolutely toothless going forward. So In the end we didn't deserve to get anything from that game. Maybe a draw, but would not fancy going there to get anything, so probably just as good that we went out today.

Credit to Udogie and Van der Ven for some absolute top class defending, and Højbjerg had a good game too, until he got tired and messed up. The rest were average. Midfield never got hold of the game, Werner didn't get a pass, and Johnson couldn't manage to do anything with the ball. Richarlison worked his socks off, but didn't get any service, and when he did, he had little to no support.

I think we will be part of the conversation.

Throughout the season there has been one thing that has been nagging. And its our lack of composure/belief/quality in attack. We've scored in every game until today, so maybe having Son there has masked our lack of experience and conviction. Johnson, Kulu, Porro, Udogie, Gil all very young really (23 or under). Richarlison, Werner, Johnson not fully confident. Often we don't make a relatively simple pass in attack. There's a rush of blood and we don't get the right cross or pass to release a player for a shot on goal. Without Son this weakness is exposed.

All credit to City they stifled us. We fought back, but lacked a little bit of sharpness in our passing and belief. Can't wait for the next game to put it right now.

So I guess the pressure now comes if we don't go on to make top 4... How does the season get classified if that's the trajectory we start to head in?

I'd be having a chat to Klopp on the sly
Said from the start, as far as I’m concerned top 8 is par, top 6 a good season and top 4 will be great success. I’d stick by that. Of course, expectations have shifted slightly given how well Ange started but you have to look at a season in totality relative to what he inherited. For me, even though I’ve been critical of aspects of how we play, he’s doing a brilliant job and is on course to beat my expectations.

So I guess the pressure now comes if we don't go on to make top 4... How does the season get classified if that's the trajectory we start to head in?

I think you need a walk to calm down! Fail to get top 4 and the season is still classified as a good start to a long-term project.

It seems like you want everything and everything right now. Already considering other managers...do me a favour 😂

I'll ignore the silly bit at the end of that post and just comment on the actual real bit...

There's no expectation to make top 4 that isn't fan lead this season. We're 1.5 transfer windows through an overhaul and the fact that we had to start PEH in a game against the top side in the country should tell you that.

To have an expectation that a side that finished last season devoid of confidence with a number of players at the end of their time here, would be within shouting distance of the top of the table with half the season gone, is honestly remarkable. To load expectation onto that team is not really a sensible course of action at the moment.

I'm not taking the tinkle, I love big Ange. But he's culpable when performances dip with the standards he's set so far. I hope he's letting every one of them know tonight is a massive opportunity missed and the performance was utterly unacceptable.

Edit: attacking performance in particular. Hojbjerg was great for 80 mins, the rest looked lacking motivation and ideas.
It's not a massive opportunity. It's a small chance to beat the best team in the world which becomes even smaller with three or four ( if you include Maddison who didn't look match fit) of our best players missing.

Can't say it wasn't deserved. City showed what unlimited funds can get you tonight.

Thought we were mostly good defensively, but toothless up front. Their double sub with Grumpy Kevin and that winger who kept falling over, changed the momentum - especially with Maddison clearly not match fit and our other players tireing.

Shame today was one of those nights when interfering with the goalkeeper is allowed. It's a lottery wheter the ref allows it or not. Personally I think it was borderline over the top, and I have to say I'm surprised we didn't add one of our own players to the mix to protect Vicario. They were harassing him for every corner, and good as he is, he's no Oliver Kahn.

We would've caused them more problems and probably created more chances with Sarr, Son and Bissouma available. As much as I think Højbjerg was excellent tonight (until the end), Sarr and Bissouma offers more. And Son wmis different class to all our other attacking options.

Well...new week, new game. No excuse for not mounting a proper top four challenge now.

I'll ignore the silly bit at the end of that post and just comment on the actual real bit...

There's no expectation to make top 4 that isn't fan lead this season. We're 1.5 transfer windows through an overhaul and the fact that we had to start PEH in a game against the top side in the country should tell you that.

To have an expectation that a side that finished last season devoid of confidence with a number of players at the end of their time here, would be within shouting distance of the top of the table with half the season gone, is honestly remarkable. To load expectation onto that team is not really a sensible course of action at the moment.
We've finished top 4 more often than not in our recent history. We made Real Madrid look like a championship side at home not that long ago.

We shouldn't accept players not matching an away teams effort at the lane. No wonder we're viewed as bottlers as a club when our fans accept this kind of result so willingly.

Solid/very good defensively, absolutely toothless going forward. So In the end we didn't deserve to get anything from that game. Maybe a draw, but would not fancy going there to get anything, so probably just as good that we went out today.

Credit to Udogie and Van der Ven for some absolute top class defending, and Højbjerg had a good game too, until he got tired and messed up. The rest were average. Midfield never got hold of the game, Werner didn't get a pass, and Johnson couldn't manage to do anything with the ball. Richarlison worked his socks off, but didn't get any service, and when he did, he had little to no support.
Good summary of the game.

Back