• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016

We should have been there on Saturday,with the players we got and the form we were in at the time.we should have beaten Palace full stop,normally in the past sides that finish in the top four at least reach the final.....can't believe with the squads we had over the last ten years...bale,modric,keane,berbatov,van der vaart,kane,ali,eriksen etc etc......that we've only won one trophy.

Will it improve under Poch,going by the sides he picks for certain cup games not sure but i hope it does.

My company has had club Wembley seats since it opened and it's always been the case that you can't wear colours sitting in these seats
Any corporate seats our company has owned (never at Wembley but at a number of PL clubs) have had the same rule.

Cup final tickets should be allocated to teams based on their average attendance for the season (or rolling 12 months, whatever). Finalists currently get about 56k, split 28k each. That 56k should be split by the ratio of attendances.
There will be many regularly-attending Man U fans who will miss out because a load of stripey Nigels fancy a Wembley day out but wouldn't even know where Selhurst Park is.

it's important to have little markers like that to show that we can still be *exceptional* when we wish; like, once-in-a-decade or so.
I know what you mean, but plenty of crappy clubs win (or reach the final of) the Worthy Cup and the FA Cup nowadays, it isn't much to crow about nowadays. I don't really follow those cups any more once Spurs get knocked out, but hasn't it been Portsmouth, Watford, Villa, Wigan, Hull, Stoke, Cardiff, Boro, Leicester etcetera recently?

I know what you mean, but plenty of crappy clubs win (or reach the final of) the Worthy Cup and the FA Cup nowadays, it isn't much to crow about nowadays. I don't really follow those cups any more once Spurs get knocked out, but hasn't it been Portsmouth, Watford, Villa, Wigan, Hull, Stoke, Cardiff, Boro, Leicester etcetera recently?

Portsmouth won the FA Cup in 2008, yeah. Wigan won it in 2013. Other than that, the last decade has seen City win it once, Liverpool win it once, Chelsea win it three times and Arsenal win it twice. COC-wise, Birmingham won it in 2011, and Swansea won it in 2013 - otherwise, the last decade has seen United win it three times, Chelsea and City win it twice each and Liverpool win it once.

The big club rivals we like to compare ourselves to (as opposed to the Swanseas and Wigans of this world) still pick up the trophy about 8 out of 10 times, if the last decade's any indicator. That's 8 times one of our 'preferred' rivals has increased their trophy haul, while we carelessly exited these competitions and then forgot about them minutes later.

It isn't much to crow about by itself to win a domestic trophy, but it's still a trophy that the fans can add to our illustrious history, a medal for the players to take home (and perhaps remember Spurs by when they move on to wealthier climes) and a single addition to a storied past that the newer fans can point to and proudly say that they were there to see.

do we root for Utd here, would a trophy be enough to give LVG another season, they won't be challenging for anything with him there next season.

Portsmouth won the FA Cup in 2008, yeah. Wigan won it in 2013. Other than that, the last decade has seen City win it once, Liverpool win it once, Chelsea win it three times and Arsenal win it twice. COC-wise, Birmingham won it in 2011, and Swansea won it in 2013 - otherwise, the last decade has seen United win it three times, Chelsea and City win it twice each and Liverpool win it once.

The big club rivals we like to compare ourselves to (as opposed to the Swanseas and Wigans of this world) still pick up the trophy about 8 out of 10 times, if the last decade's any indicator. That's 8 times one of our 'preferred' rivals has increased their trophy haul, while we carelessly exited these competitions and then forgot about them minutes later.

It isn't much to crow about by itself to win a domestic trophy, but it's still a trophy that the fans can add to our illustrious history, a medal for the players to take home (and perhaps remember Spurs by when they move on to wealthier climes) and a single addition to a storied past that the newer fans can point to and proudly say that they were there to see.

Amen brother.

Not for me. A Utd win would let West Ham into Europe.
Is that all bad though? Utd might keep LVG for another year, and West Ham will have a stack more games to play in a huge empty stadium (and I don't mean those eastern block relics in farawayastan)

Is that all bad though? Utd might keep LVG for another year, and West Ham will have a stack more games to play in a huge empty stadium (and I don't mean those eastern block relics in farawayastan)

Yeah true.
But I just couldn't stand the Dildo Brothers and The Wicked Witch of the East banging on about European nights their (our) "iconic new stadium for the people"...blah..blah...

Apart from which West ham in Europe would f*ck up the English coefficient no end.

Yeah true.
But I just couldn't stand the Dildo Brothers and The Wicked Witch of the East banging on about European nights their (our) "iconic new stadium for the people"...blah..blah...

Apart from which West ham in Europe would f*ck up the English coefficient no end.

Not as badly as Pardew in Europe.

I see Depay hasn't travelled with the squad for today's final. I thought this kid was going to tear it up the PL this season but he never really got going at all.

I still think with the right coach he could be something special but that coach is not LVG obviously.

Was saying that during week to the Mrs. It used to start with the Radio at 8am on Children's Favourites (Im thinking 1962 ish so forgive my memory)

Back then we couldn't watch live games 24/7. The fact that a match was televised was an occasion in itself.

Somebody score please so we don't get any extra-time, even the crowd are having to entertain themselves.

Edit: Thank you Jason Puncheon.

Back