• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016/17

1981 watching the replay upstairs in my bedroom as my parents were City fans. I stamped on the floor when we went 3-2 up and they never spoke to me for 2 days after the final!
Ha ha, brilliant! You honestly expect us to believe you had a TV in your bedroom in 1981 oop north? I doubt you even had electricity.

Whatever people think about Mourinho he at least values the Cups. He started his Chelsea career with a league cup win did he not? and looks like doing the same with United.

Frustrating me to see so many teams fielding weak sides in the Cup, especially midtable teams like Bournemouth. Football really is becoming less and less about the fans. If i was a fan of a midtbable side like Bournemouth the cup games would be the games I most looked forward to, I remember this from growing up supporting our rather average sides of the mid to late 90's!

When we last won the cup in 91 we didn't face a fellow top flight side until the Semi Final but what a run it was with Gazza scoring some great goals, culminating in the classic win against Arsenal at Wembley and the final against Forest. Do people really prefer football now? sustaining league position seems to be all that matters, who cares about winning things.

Whatever people think about Mourinho he at least values the Cups. He started his Chelsea career with a league cup win did he not? and looks like doing the same with United.

Frustrating me to see so many teams fielding weak sides in the Cup, especially midtable teams like Bournemouth. Football really is becoming less and less about the fans. If i was a fan of a midtbable side like Bournemouth the cup games would be the games I most looked forward to, I remember this from growing up supporting our rather average sides of the mid to late 90's!

When we last won the cup in 91 we didn't face a fellow top flight side until the Semi Final but what a run it was with Gazza scoring some great goals, culminating in the classic win against Arsenal at Wembley and the final against Forest. Do people really prefer football now? sustaining league position seems to be all that matters, who cares about winning things.

Spot on.

Unfortunately there is so much money in the Premier league, and as all the clubs are now businesses, just staying in the PL is the main priority for most clubs outside the Top 6, and that is a shame as, like you say, the Cups have become secondary to them

As said a few pages earlier. Routine home win for United, was always going to be. Why show it?

Had a spare five minutes last week so i put a complaint in to see what the bbc had to say why they showed that snooze game yesterday,got a response ...the answer was as bland as magnolia....

....'Thank you for contacting us about our coverage of FA Cup Match of the Day Live.

We understand you have concerns about the upcoming fixture between Manchester United and Wigan Athletic, due to be broadcast on 29 January.

Our choice of matches is decided on a combination of factors such as the likelihood of an upset, the gap between the clubs, atmosphere at the ground, interesting stories within the teams and occasionally on a team’s proud cup pedigree.

We do try to mix up our coverage of the lower league teams; for example, we showed Eastleigh v Swindon Town, Macclesfield Town v Oxford United and Lincoln City v Ipswich earlier on in this season’s campaign live on the BBC.

We will continue to work closely with the FA to give the oldest and most cherished cup competition the coverage it deserves, including featuring a wide range of teams and fixtures.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team

Got to wonder why they didn't show our game then with our proud cup pedigree,so they be on in the 5th round then the 6th,s/f and on and on zzzzzz.....

Had a spare five minutes last week so i put a complaint in to see what the bbc had to say why they showed that snooze game yesterday,got a response ...the answer was as bland as magnolia....

....'Thank you for contacting us about our coverage of FA Cup Match of the Day Live.

We understand you have concerns about the upcoming fixture between Manchester United and Wigan Athletic, due to be broadcast on 29 January.

Our choice of matches is decided on a combination of factors such as the likelihood of an upset, the gap between the clubs, atmosphere at the ground, interesting stories within the teams and occasionally on a team’s proud cup pedigree.

We do try to mix up our coverage of the lower league teams; for example, we showed Eastleigh v Swindon Town, Macclesfield Town v Oxford United and Lincoln City v Ipswich earlier on in this season’s campaign live on the BBC.

We will continue to work closely with the FA to give the oldest and most cherished cup competition the coverage it deserves, including featuring a wide range of teams and fixtures.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team

Got to wonder why they didn't show our game then with our proud cup pedigree,so they be on in the 5th round then the 6th,s/f and on and on zzzzzz.....

Well done on dropping them a line.

But WALOB in that reply. The gap between the teams and the atmosphere????

And they really thought there would be an upset? Must be smacked off their t#ts

Some 'nice' draws to be had for a home tie should we get it. Personally I would fancy Millwall/Blackburn at home for a 'winnable' tie if I can say that after Saturday or an away tie against Fulham. If we are going to get any of the other big hitters then City would be my choice, home or away.

Hope Sutton and Lincoln draw each other so at least one of the non league sides can make it to the quarter finals.

Ball numbers
  1. Tottenham Hotspur
  2. Derby County or Leicester City
  3. Oxford United
  4. Sutton United
  5. Wolverhampton Wanderers
  6. Arsenal
  7. Lincoln City
  8. Chelsea
  9. Manchester United
  10. Millwall
  11. Huddersfield Town