• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

More points deduction for everton???

hahaha, fudge them ...

And I remember the posts on here about "how well they were run", think this thread was actually titled "Everton are they a threat", spent half a billion on absolute dross, then ran themselves aground on FFP, another deduction and they are relegated.

Someone ran the numbers last season, their chances of surviving as a club if relegated is poor ..

Apparently Forest are prepared to fight it with their excuse of... We should have sold Brennan Johnson to Brentford earlier on for 30m but waited and sold him to Spurs for more money after that 3 year accounting period. So it's unfair to charge us.
That's a poor argument and I can see both sides struggling to stay up with points deductions. Luton must be rubbing their hands right now. If they can stay up it will make them a fortune!

Also, Some agent said 80% of PL clubs are not able to spend this window as they are being careful of FFP rules. Last yeah the Jan window total was 800 odd million, So far this window we are the only permanent transfer for Dragusin etc.

Apparently Forest are prepared to fight it with their excuse of... We should have sold Brennan Johnson to Brentford earlier on for 30m but waited and sold him to Spurs for more money after that 3 year accounting period. So it's unfair to charge us.
That's a poor argument and I can see both sides struggling to stay up with points deductions. Luton must be rubbing their hands right now. If they can stay up it will make them a fortune!

Also, Some agent said 80% of PL clubs are not able to spend this window as they are being careful of FFP rules. Last yeah the Jan window total was 800 odd million, So far this window we are the only permanent transfer for Dragusin etc.

Amazing, when you actually punish people for "cheating", they think twice ..

Laughable argument....to think dates should be 'flexible' in accounting periods.

It's a nonsense argument

If they want it extended to Johnson, they should extend it to the players they brought in for the rest of the window.

They would be getting a FL punishment if they hadn't got promoted

Their fans ( Everton ) will be up in arms. But for me. if you have breached regulations then what leg do you have to stand on in terms of feeling like you have been hard done by.

I’ve got zero sympathy for them, they cheated plain and simple.

The clubs I have sympathy for are the ones who got relegated in their place whilst they were cheating.
They are surely going to have massive problems not breaching this season too.

I wonder if Forest took the gamble of spending big on 20 odd players thinking that they could outrun any punishment or points deductions by trying to build a mid table squad, Ballsy move if so

I’ve got zero sympathy for them, they cheated plain and simple.

The clubs I have sympathy for are the ones who got relegated in their place whilst they were cheating.

Exactly and it's their behavior last season (pushing the punishment to this season) that caused the reaction of the league to expedite punishments into same season that will likely lead to them getting two punishments in same season.

It's worth repeating
- They lost more than £300M+, they were allowed ~£200M in "exceptions" and still couldn't get to the required max allowed lost (and their PR is trying to paint it as a £9M difference, it isn't)
- And supposedly the most recent charge is for a larger miss than last season's

June 30th is the cut off for the next prem ffp accounting. Can see other clubs trying to offload by then.
Looking at this date, and Forest's argument above - the dates really should tally with the end of a trading period (IE close of transfer window). It's a completely skewed measure otherwise.

I wonder if Forest took the gamble of spending big on 20 odd players thinking that they could outrun any punishment or points deductions by trying to build a mid table squad, Ballsy move if so
Ballsy, and exposing how crap the system is.
The punishment should be demotion - then it'll act as a deterrent rather than a target.

forrest I have some sympathy for
they get judged on different metrics because one year was championship when arguably you need more investment in your first season in the top division

Back