• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League - Round of 32: Fiorentina (ITA)

Re: The Race for Europa League - Playoff Draw: AEL Limassol (CYP)

So I'll be able to see THREE matches in a week including Europe game and match against top opponent.
I'm so lucky and happy! Yiks.
What are your thoughts: when the tickets will become available for purchase?

Have we announced the team yet?

Vorm; Naughton, Dier, Chiriches, Rose; Sandro, Bentaleb; Townsend, Holtby, Chadli; Kane

Friedel, Dawson, Davies, Mason, Paulinho, Lennon, Soldado

AEL are CL dropouts, though they did beat AVB's Zenit 1-0 at home in the first leg. Finished 1-3 on aggregate.

I watched the 2nd leg. They certainly know how to park the bus - not that it worked.

I really hope Poch doesn't make the AVB mistake and not play Soldado in the early legs of Europa (he gave JD all the easy rounds last time)

I would play Soldado, Lamela and maybe even Paulinho, hopefully they score a bunch and helps set them up for season.

Hope no one has booked yet. Apollon Limassol drew Locomotiv Moscow and are due to play the home leg in the same stadium on the same date. This should have been flagged up before the draw

Update to that, Limassol stadium doesn't host UEFA games. AEL play Zenit in Larnaca and Apollon played all their games last year in Nicosia. So maybe the games will both be on 21st but not in Limassol

Vorm isn't in the squad for the qualifier.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2015/clubs/club=1652/

Coupled with his absence v Schalke, I begin to get a little nervous as to why. Surely it can't be to do with the FIFA investigation?

I hope Walker and Dawson's inclusion mean they are considered likely to be fit for one of the games.

I don't know if Vorm's absence in the EL squad is linked to the investigation, but the deal most certainly stinks. It is obvious to anyone that Michel Vorm, a member of Holland's world cup squad and a highly rated PL goalkeeper with two years left on his contract, can't possibly have been given a free transfer or been valued to £0. It seems like a creative deal has been constructed so that Swansea won't have to give 30% of the transfer fee to Utrecht.

There was a similar case in Norway a while back and it all became a huge mess that seemed to go on forever where parties from both the buying and selling club were charged with fraud. I can't for the life of me recall what the outcome was, though.

No Kane either? Or does he count as a youngster? Also Poch is listed as Spanish haha

I don't know if Vorm's absence in the EL squad is linked to the investigation, but the deal most certainly stinks. It is obvious to anyone that Michel Vorm, a member of Holland's world cup squad and a highly rated PL goalkeeper with two years left on his contract, can't possibly have been given a free transfer or been valued to £0. It seems like a creative deal has been constructed so that Swansea won't have to give 30% of the transfer fee to Utrecht.

There was a similar case in Norway a while back and it all became a huge mess that seemed to go on forever where parties from both the buying and selling club were charged with fraud. I can't for the life of me recall what the outcome was, though.

its Siggy I feel for, he'll have to have an arm cut off and shipped to Utrecht

Yep, this kind of possible scenario is what worries me. Surely we can't have been so stupid as to collude with Swansea so as to help them avoid paying what is a paltry amount of money in Prem transfer terms. I was assuming we were in the clear, but Vorm's absence v Schalke and now the EL qualifier is a mystery to say the least.

Last edited:

Updated projected EL group stage pots following completion of the CL play-offs and assuming all seeded teams win in EL play-offs.

Code:
Pot 1                          coef.              Pot 2                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Sevilla (TH)             Esp  71.042              Lille OSC @4             Fra  45.300
Olympique Lyon *3        Fra  97.300              FC København @4          Den  45.260
Internazionale *4        Ita  95.387              Steaua Bucuresti @4      Rom  39.451
Tottenham Hotspur *4     Eng  75.949              Standard Liège @4        Bel  38.260
PSV Eindhoven *3         Ned  64.862              PAOK Thessaloniki *4     Gre  37.720
Napoli @4                Ita  61.387              Celtic @4                Sco  36.813
Dinamo Kiev              Ukr  56.193              Besiktas @4              Tur  32.840
Villarreal *4            Esp  53.542              VfL Wolfsburg            Ger  32.328
FC Twente Enschede *4    Ned  50.862              Club Brugge *3           Bel  32.260
Fiorentina               Ita  49.387              Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk @3 Ukr  32.193
FC Salzburg @4           Aut  46.185              Trabzonspor *4           Tur  31.340
Metalist Kharkiv *4      Ukr  45.693              Panathinaikos @3         Gre  30.220

Pot 3                          coef.              Pot 4                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Sparta Praha @3          Cze  28.870              Hull City *3             Eng  16.949
Bor. Mönchengladbach *4  Ger  25.328              Estoril Praia            Por  15.459
Everton                  Eng  24.949              Legia Warsaw @3          Pol  15.275
Real Sociedad *3         Esp  24.542              Partizan Belgrade @3     Srb  14.825
Young Boys *3            Sui  24.145              Torino *3                Ita  13.387
Dinamo Zagreb @3         Cro  23.925              Feyenoord @3             Ned  13.362
Lokomotiv Moscow *4      Rus  20.899              En Avant Guingamp        Fra  12.800
Rapid Wien *4            Aut  19.185              AS Saint-Étienne *4      Fra  12.800
FC Zürich *4             Sui  18.645              Rio Ave *3               Por  12.459
Nacional Funchal *4      Por  17.959              Dinamo Moscow *3         Rus  12.399
Maccabi Tel-Aviv @3      Isr  17.875              Slovan Bratislava @4     Svk   8.700
Sheriff Tiraspol @3      Mol  17.075              AaB Aalborg @4           Den   5.260

i want Celtic. so we can embarrass them, ****ing ridiculous that they're in this

Back