• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2015/16

Pot 1: Schalke (GER), Dortmund (GER), Basel (SUI), Napoli (ITA), Tottenham (ENG), Ajax (NED), Villarreal (ESP), Rubin Kazan (RUS), Athletic Bilbao (ESP), Sporting (POR), Marseille (FRA), Dnipro (UKR)

Pot 2: Braga (POR), Fiorentina (ITA), Lazio (ITA), Anderlecht (BEL), Liverpool (ENG), Alkmaar (NED), Viktoria Plzen (CZE), Club Brugge (BEL), PAOK (GRE), Celtic (SCO), Besiktas (TUR), APOEL Nicosia (CYP)

Pot 3: Monaco (FRA), Sparta Praha (CZE), Fenerbache (TUR), Legia Warzawa (POL), Bordeaux (FRA), Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS), Lech Poznan (POL), St. Etienne (FRA), Liberec (CZE), Augsburg (GER), Rapid Wien (AUT), Krasnodar (RUS)

Pot 4: Partizan Belgrade (SRB), Asteras (GRE), Belenenses (POR), Rosenborg (NOR), Garabag Agdam (AZE), Molde (NOR), Dinamo Minsk (BLS), Groningen (NED) Sion (SUI), Midtjylland (DEN), Skenderbeu (ALB), Gabala (AZE)

Belenenses 0-0 Altach HT (1-0 on agg)

Southampton going out means the Market Pool money for English clubs will only be split between two teams instead of three.
The Market Pool has doubled with the new UEFA tv deal as well.
This means around £13m will be split between us and Liverpool.
That's 6.5 towards Wanyama.
The irony.

On the one hand, I'm gutted that we are at a stage in this country where we can only get two teams into the Europa League. Southampton and West Ham poorly represent our league and with the English teams in the Champions League doing worse and worse in Europe our co-efficient is going down.

On the other hand we have that nice bit of extra cash. Three years rent that Wham have missed out on.

good footballing decisions by spammers and saints to get out of this awful tournament, how many sunday games did we lose last year after playing on thursday night ?

GROUP J
1652.png
Tottenham(ENG)
50074.png
Anderlecht(BEL)
50023.png
Monaco(FRA)
60609.png
Qarabağ(AZE)

Anderlecht was as good a draw as it gets. Short trip over the channel.
Monaco probably the toughest opponent from pot 3, but again, lovely short trip.
Quarabag worst of the lot in pot 4. 9 hours flight.

I assume both us and Liverpool will be shown on one of the channels, meaning our next 7 matches shown all be on the telly

£2.17m actually.;)
I'm confused... do we get £6.5m, or £2.2m? Big, big difference. This sort of thing could tip Levy into bidding that tiny bit more for Berahino or someone, just to nudge it over the line with WBA.

If the former, we should put this info on the Spurs section, I hadn't seen it until now.

I'm confused... do we get £6.5m, or £2.2m? Big, big difference. This sort of thing could tip Levy into bidding that tiny bit more for Berahino or someone, just to nudge it over the line with WBA.

If the former, we should put this info on the Spurs section, I hadn't seen it until now.
We were getting £4.3m anyway. We now get half of Soton's share, so £2.2m more.

We were getting £4.3m anyway. We now get half of Soton's share, so £2.2m more.
I don't think it would be that much. The market pool is €152.4m. 70% of that is paid to teams competing in the group stage. The proportion allocated to English teams is usually around 8% - so that's about €8.5m. We would have received €2.8m (£2m) but with Southampton's failure to reach the group stage that will increase to €4.3m (£3m).

We'll also get the participation and performance payments but they aren't affected by the number of other English teams taking part.

Bordeaux: Carrasso(GK), Gajić, Pablo, Pallois, Poundjé, Chantôme, Maurice-Belay, Khazri, Rolán, Saivet(C), Crivelli

Liverpool team: Mignolet, Gomez, Toure, Sakho, Rossiter, Can, Ibe, Moreno, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi.
Substitutes: Bogdan, Randall, Cleary, Chirivella, Brannagan, Firmino, Ings.

Molde take the lead away to Fenerbache's team of Premier League rejects. Goal ref suddenly decided to do his job and penalty given for slight nudge in the back. Nani booked for protests. Høiland scores with a delicious chip.

Last edited:
Back