• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2015/16

I don't think we're good enough and/or have the legs to do well in both, so Poch prioritised and rightly so. The FA Cup is the real tournament that got away. Look at the teams left in it!

If we had fielded a stronger team over there we may be looking at the semi-finals like L"pool are. No one will convince me that we did not gave it away with the team we fielded that night.

I would seriously consider giving up football if it happens again, and within 4 fecking years of the last occurrence! Not one but TWO English teams both having sub par league campaigns but winning European trophies. It doesn't bear thinking about lol.

If the above happens, am I right in thinking we would have to play a qualifier for the CL even if we finish 3rd?[/QUOTE]

Yes I believe so, but I suppose better than not in it at all. Right now 10pts for 3rd spot. Chelsea v City this weekend might hopefully reduce that target

• Regarding the top three associations (i.e. Spain, Germany and England*): if two clubs from one of these countries win the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and neither finish their domestic league in a position that qualifies them for the UEFA Champions League, the following will happen:

– The club that won the UEFA Champions League will go straight into the group stage
– The UEFA Europa League winners will go into the UEFA Champions League play-offs
– The club that had qualified for a UEFA Champions League play-off spot via their domestic league competition (i.e. finished fourth) will transfer into the UEFA Europa League

*Please note that all countries mentioned are based on the 2016/17 access list – the associations' allocation of places may change in subsequent seasons depending on their clubs' performances.

Much as it pains me to say it Liverpool did deserve it. Years ago I would always have supported any English team in Europe (apart from the obvious) even if I didn't particularly like them in our domestic league That has changed in more recent years. Not sure if it's saturation coverage, the Internet and more awareness of the c*ntishness of other fans, or what but I find it really hard to get behind other English teams.
List teams now. Especially Liverpool

Anyway please please please let us not finish 4th. My heart will not take it

3rd either, we have to play a qualifier if that happens.

Much as it pains me to say it Liverpool did deserve it. Years ago I would always have supported any English team in Europe (apart from the obvious) even if I didn't particularly like them in our domestic league That has changed in more recent years. Not sure if it's saturation coverage, the Internet and more awareness of the c*ntishness of other fans, or what but I find it really hard to get behind other English team now . Especially Liverpool

Anyway please please please let us not finish 4th. My heart will not take it

Work tomorrow with the Liverpool fans is going to be some sort of w#nkfest

3rd either, we have to play a qualifier if that happens.
Ringo doesn't think so. The Europa league winners would go to the playoff according to this.

• Regarding the top three associations (i.e. Spain, Germany and England*): if two clubs from one of these countries win the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and neither finish their domestic league in a position that qualifies them for the UEFA Champions League, the following will happen:

– The club that won the UEFA Champions League will go straight into the group stage
– The UEFA Europa League winners will go into the UEFA Champions League play-offs
– The club that had qualified for a UEFA Champions League play-off spot via their domestic league competition (i.e. finished fourth) will transfer into the UEFA Europa League

*Please note that all countries mentioned are based on the 2016/17 access list – the associations' allocation of places may change in subsequent seasons depending on their clubs' performances.

It certainly is

If it does happen again then we only have ourselves to blame to be honest. We should finish no lower than 3rd. I even think finishing 3rd from the position we are in now and how well we are playing and how negative the scum fans are towards the club as a whole would be poor from us.

No no no! We need a change in our mental concept! We will be in the top 3.

LFC may win the Europa but City will not get beyond Real IMO.

Whatever happens, we are progressing and are a project well ahead of plan...

After 2012 I will never assume anything like that.

No doubt about our development, totally agree, but to be in the position we are now, if we finished 4th and then got denied CL football again I think I would pack in

I don't think we're good enough and/or have the legs to do well in both, so Poch prioritised and rightly so. The FA Cup is the real tournament that got away. Look at the teams left in it!

Biggest mistake we made all season was taking the FA cup seriously. Should have just bowed out and let Leicester deal with that brick.

If we had fielded a stronger team over there we may be looking at the semi-finals like L"pool are. No one will convince me that we did not gave it away with the team we fielded that night.

Exactly.

Fair play to Liverpool, well deserved.

Only makes me a bit more upset about the way we approached the tie and the way some people made out it was effectively pointless to bother fielding a full team because Dortmund were always going to beat us anyway.

That definitely could have been us.

Oh well.

Brilliant from Liverpool today. Very jealous of what they have just experienced tonight. They still have some tough games with Shakhtar, Villareal and one of Sevilla/Bilbao.

And why are you lot stressing? We're gonna win the f****** league!

Back