• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2013-14: Dnipro (UKR), Benfica (POR)/PAOK (GRE)

Re: Europa League 2013-14 - Playoff Draw: Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO)

Awful draw. Long trip, 53000 capacity stadium which will be full, hostile and it wouldnt be a surprise for our black players to take some unwarranted abuse

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

We played FC Dinamo Tbilisi in third round of the 1973-74 UEFA Cup (when they were part of USSR). Drew 1-1 away and won 5-1 at home

Apparently all home goals were headers.

Awful draw. Long trip, 53000 capacity stadium which will be full, hostile and it wouldnt be a surprise for our black players to take some unwarranted abuse

Agree completely

Flight time around 5 hours - and with Swansea looming in the league 3 days later

Would let a lot of the regulars stay at home - but unfortunately AVB nornally takes this seriously and will probably bring a strong team

Agree completely

Flight time around 5 hours - and with Swansea looming in the league 3 days later

Would let a lot of the regulars stay at home - but unfortunately AVB nornally takes this seriously and will probably bring a strong team

Swansea have a Europa League game as well, though I think they're at home.

If this happens UEFA should cancel our home game and award the win to us by default. Racism won't be wiped out of the game until UEFA take a hard-line stance. Eventually fans will get the message that they won't ever see their team in Europe again if they continue to act like idiot children of idiot parents.

NOTE: This isn't to prejudge the Georgian fans. Let's hope for a good match, in a decent atmosphere, with a Spurs victory.

Agree completely

Yeah, but it looks like we're building some proper depth in the squad this summer. For precisely this reason.

Agree completely

crazy if he does

i saw them against Steaua Bucharest in the CL qualifier.....they are rubbish

Well we should make sure we don't embarrass ourselves during the away game, and do what it takes to get a result there.
We should be good enough to beat them over two legs, but lets not underestimate them either.

The stadium won't be anywhere near full, Georgians are among the most hospitable and friendly people you will ever meet and I would be stunned if there was any racial abuse. I would expect Tbilisi to turn itself inside out for any Spurs fans visiting and for the club itself, Georgia has long been known through history as a welcoming and inviting culture.

I watched Tbilisi last week, true story.

Horrible draw. At least the away game is before the Swansea game and not Arsenal.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

We played FC Dinamo Tbilisi in third round of the 1973-74 UEFA Cup (when they were part of USSR). Drew 1-1 away and won 5-1 at home

Apparently all home goals were headers.

Ralph Coates scored the goal in Tibilisi.

Chris McGrath, Martin Chivers (2) and Martin Peters (2) got Spurs goals at the Lane.

Tottenham Hotspur in Europe 1961-62 to 2013-14

Nice draw against an old school proper european team....

Surely during this round we can send a defensive force to get a draw or better and smash them at the lane.

Paulinho Dembele Soldado Bale Lennon Verts Lloris Walker should never have to travel until we reach the last 16

Ralph Coates scored the goal in Tibilisi.

Chris McGrath, Martin Chivers (2) and Martin Peters (2) got Spurs goals at the Lane.

Tottenham Hotspur in Europe 1961-62 to 2013-14
I was at that game and I believe in that game their goalkeeper, in an all black kit, and was a bit of a character was so pee'd of with his defence at one point that he purposely allowed the ball to roll past him towards his goal.........only to have a last second rethink and stop the ball before crossing the line, the home crowd thought it hilarious.

EDIT: Correct me anyone, old enough that is, who remembers that incedent but think i've got the wrong game......but it did happen!

Last edited:

Looks like it's Spurs turn to face Dinamo Tbilisi. Steaua took them out of the CL a week ago. They have Xisco who is still decent and a good goalkeeper in Loria(or something like that). We won 2-0 in Tbilisi and then rested some players to draw 1-1 in Bucharest. Spurs should go through. Swansea on the other hand have a tricky tie against Petrolul Ploiesti. They are a good passing side and don't be surprised if they knock Swansea out.

Why do Wigan go straight to the group stage. Ridiculous

Why do Wigan go straight to the group stage. Ridiculous

FA Cup winners trump fourth place in the Premier League.

I wouldn't complain about that too much, as they did actually win something of note.

My gripe is that the European Cup Winners' Cup was abandoned in the first place.

And that the Champions League is in fact no such thing.

We should have three separate European competitions with no interchanging between them.

The Champions League should be reserved just for the National League Champions (and the current holders).

The ECWC should be re-instated for the National FA Cup Winners.

And the UEFA Europa League should be for the runners-up and other top teams (according to UEFA co-efficients) and the League Cup winners.

FA Cup winners trump fourth place in the Premier League.

I wouldn't complain about that too much, as they did actually win something of note.

My gripe is that the European Cup Winners' Cup was abandoned in the first place.

And that the Champions League is in fact no such thing.

We should have three separate European competitions with no interchanging between them.

The Champions League should be reserved just for the National League Champions (and the current holders).

The ECWC should be re-instated for the National FA Cup Winners.

And the UEFA Europa League should be for the runners-up and other top teams (according to UEFA co-efficients) and the League Cup winners.

Yeah I know, but Premiership entrant should trump Championship side and should be the first criteria.

Back