• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela (official on Roma Site)

If its signed and the only condition is the medical then its entirely in our control ie we could waive the condition relating to the medical if we wanted to

Has anyone actually seen him play regularly?

That's what I want to know too.... if this info helps I had him at Roma on Football Manager 2012. He was only 2 1/2 stars and he was unbelivably ****e. I flogged him on to some seire b team for nothing in the end, was hard to get rid of him.

The medical might even be done in Rome who knows.
The only think we're really waiting for is pictures of him at Tottenham holding up the jersey and all that other PR ****. Roma dont have to wait for that.

Good thing they speak Spanish in Argentina, means him and Soldado can communicate on the pitch. Anyone know if he speaks muchos English?

Edit: The Wiki page for Argentina states; "After Spanish, the most spoken language is English, which is taught since the elementary school, 42.3% of Argentines claim to speak some English (though only 15.4% of those claimed to have a high level of English comprehension). Portuguese is also highly popular (the Brazilian dialect is taught)."

So, we can hope he speaks decent enough English (probably no worse than some English footballers) AND may be able to communicate with Sandro and Paulinho on the pitch, as well as AVB off it.

AVB is supposedly fluent in 6 languages including Spanish.

I thought one of the supposed IDK's said he passed his medical yesterday?

Lamela's touches last season:
eriklamelaheatmapromatouches_576x324.jpg

Maybe AVB thinks he can play more centrally?
Pretty exciting. I don't think our board/Levy would sanction this deal for 30m euros (ie., breaking our record for the third time this window) on someone who didn't have vast skill and potential. He's only 21, scored 15 goals in 33 games last season, really trust Baldini with what I've seen already. Once the players start to settle and gain a better understanding.... tasty :p

Lamela's touches last season:
eriklamelaheatmapromatouches_576x324.jpg

Maybe AVB thinks he can play more centrally?
Pretty exciting. I don't think our board/Levy would sanction this deal for 30m euros (ie., breaking our record for the third time this window) on someone who didn't have vast skill and potential. He's only 21, scored 15 goals in 33 games last season, really trust Baldini with what I've seen already. Once the players start to settle and gain a better understanding.... tasty :p

Almost feels like some grand plan. Baldini takes job with Spurs, he knows everything about Roma and then we buy their best player. Roma must be in deep doo doo to let Osvaldo and Lemala go at the same time.

Re: Erik Lamela

Not so fast. No need for a new thread and this will live over here until it is announced by us.

So, Mumorn you have obviously seen a bit of this player. Do you think he's better in the hole as a no. 10 or on the left?

Oh **** - has this been confirmed?

I havent seen **** from this player but hopefully he is as good as the ravings about him.

Would like Eriksen too

So, Mumorn you have obviously seen a bit of this player. Do you think he's better in the hole as a no. 10 or on the left?

He played mostly on the right last season. But I was very impressed with his close control and pace to beat players. He is a very good finisher too, the way he strikes the ball reminds me of RVP.

Really excellent signing. The kid has an amazing left foot, certainly worth playing up on the right side. With his pace and dribbling skills he's very proficient at cutting inside. I think he was more of a playmaker at River Plate, though I admittedly never saw him play there.

Not sure what happens with Townsend/Lennon.

Back