• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

"Tottenham Make Club Record £30m Bid for AS Roma Attacker Erik Lamela" is the headline.

Surprised nobody here has commented.

click on the link inside that article where they got the info from......doesnt look the most reliable source;)

If we make any move for Lamela, it'll be at the last knockings of the window, IMO, because it would be telegraphing Bale's departure. No point doing that any earlier.

journo Greg Stobart says we have already begun negotiations for Lamela

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/14/4184650/-?

and signing is not dependent on selling Bale

So we know that

1) a 8m fee is agreed for Capoue
2) a 13m fee is agreed for Halilovic

and we're going to spend 30m on Lamela? without Bale leaving?

Listen i've argued time and time again we've got more money then Levy was willing to fork out to support Arry/AVB but upwards of 70m net? hmmmmm.

So we know that

Listen i've argued time and time again we've got more money then Levy was willing to fork out to support Arry/AVB but upwards of 70m net? hmmmmm.

Well we've always had that because we're owned by Joe Lewis, but he has not been willing to release funds in the past, thus leaving Levy (or a DoF - which Levy hasn't really worked well with since Arnesen) to do the chintzing... Joe Lewis sees this as a real chance. He is releasing funds because he has seen that the chairman, manager and DOF are together on things and that the targets (mostly - Soldado wouldn't get our money back I know) have decent resale. Think about it. We are currently sitting on a player that, even at the lower end of his valuation, is at least 60-65 mill next season...this is the moment IMO.

Stobart is apparently quite close to AVB. He and Duncan Castle's seem to usually have good sources.

It would make a lot of sense to sign Lamela / whoever a season before we sell Bale, for a variety of reasons.

So we know that

plus a left back, centre back and striker most likely to come in :lol:

Well we've always had that because we're owned by Joe Lewis, but he has not been willing to release funds in the past, thus leaving Levy (or a DoF - which Levy hasn't really worked well with since Arnesen) to do the chintzing... Joe Lewis sees this as a real chance. He is releasing funds because he has seen that the chairman, manager and DOF are together on things and that the targets (mostly - Soldado wouldn't get our money back I know) have decent resale. Think about it. We are currently sitting on a player that, even at the lower end of his valuation, is at least 60-65 mill next season...this is the moment IMO.

Oh i agree and i always thought we had more money to spend. Hopefully this is all true and we spend it for once.

So we know that

If the rumours are true it does look like Bale is off. Until now we have an approxamately net spend of 35M this window and with the likey addition of Capoue it will take our net spend to around 45M.

Selling two of Parker/Livermore/Huddlestone, Gomes, BAE and Adebayor could potentially give 25M but we then still need a left back and a central defender.

If we are to sign Halilovic and one of Willian or Lamela then our net spend will be around the 70-80M mark which I think is too much even with the additional money from the overseas TV-rights and our savings from the last couple of relatively low spending transfer windows.

I fear Bale may be leaving but if we make the above mentioned signings it will still be the best transfer window ever.

Great window if all is true, but there will be a bedding in period and wouldn't be surprised if we started slower than say Arsenal who will have a steady side from last season.

hmmm if the Lewis £50m cash injection rumours are true it adds some weight but that is just a rumour of course.

Not to mention there was (according to the press) some serious interest in AVB from PSG, we also had rumours of him being on Madrid's shortlist before Ancelotti got the job, perhaps promises were made about investment and the DoF structure by Levy to keep him sweet.

Lewis and Levy's strategy could be front loading of funds now in this transfer window. So a massive splurge now followed by 3-4 windows of relatively little activity. It's happened before. I know for simplicity people tend to add up all the ins and outs but the instalments paid on players mean that cash reserves to cover the whole of the transfer are not required (mostly).

For argument sake lets say Lewis 'loans' the club some 50 mil this season and we make say 25mil in player transfers. Add to that the yearly TV money which could well be north of 25 mil extra per season when the overseas revenue is included, and AVB could be playing with a pool of 125mil + Bale in his back pocket if need be. If Bale stays he is worth X amount as a marketable asset and only Levy's bean counters know how much this could make.

I think the money is there and Enic have decided now is the time to twist. I could see us spend up to 100mil in this window and still keep Bale. Wishful thinking maybe but not beyond the realms of possibility.

Oh i agree and i always thought we had more money to spend. Hopefully this is all true and we spend it for once.

We were probably just waiting to get the management structure right;

Harry was brought in to get us out of the crap.
We probably never wanted to have Harry, but we needed him at the time.
I'm sure the club didn't expect Harry to do as well as he did and was just brought in to get us back to mid table stability.
Harry then did well and became unsackable.

Now we have the structure we tried to create with Arnesen and Comolli and the club are more likely to back it with AVB proving himself last year.

We were probably just waiting to get the management structure right;

Harry was brought in to get us out of the crap.
We probably never wanted to have Harry, but we needed him at the time.
I'm sure the club didn't expect Harry to do as well as he did and was just brought in to get us back to mid table stability.
Harry then did well and became unsackable.

Now we have the structure we tried to create with Arnesen and Comolli and the club are more likely to back it with AVB proving himself last year.

That's probably close to the mark. We've only ever had Levy's ideal setup for about 4 months, before Santini did a runner. Between then and appointing Baldini, it's been a bit of a stop gap.

Lewis and Levy's strategy could be front loading of funds now in this transfer window. So a massive splurge now followed by 3-4 windows of relatively little activity. It's happened before. I know for simplicity people tend to add up all the ins and outs but the instalments paid on players mean that cash reserves to cover the whole of the transfer are not required (mostly).

For argument sake lets say Lewis 'loans' the club some 50 mil this season and we make say 25mil in player transfers. Add to that the yearly TV money which could well be north of 25 mil extra per season when the overseas revenue is included, and AVB could be playing with a pool of 125mil + Bale in his back pocket if need be. If Bale stays he is worth X amount as a marketable asset and only Levy's bean counters know how much this could make.

I think the money is there and Enic have decided now is the time to twist. I could see us spend up to 100mil in this window and still keep Bale. Wishful thinking maybe but not beyond the realms of possibility.

I think it is twist time - we know Chelsea and Man C will spend big, Man U are likely to back there new manager and there is risk for them he won't work out.
We know FFP is around the corner.

NOW is the time to get the players in to take us to the next level and build a quality squad - top to bottom.
Let's hope it comes off.

Thought Fryers looked good as a CB against Espanyol. With that front three I reckon you could have me at CB and we'd still be ok.....

To say nothing of Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho & Capoue in midfield. \o/

Last edited:
Back