• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

so you think Lamela is BETTER than Bale or what? I'm confused by the response.

No, im totally baffled by the fact you think Lamela has better skill and equal ability to Bale, and using the future to predict what Lamela might be able to do in regards to end product.

The only problem with him is that he is Bale. I.e. he'd be an ideal replacement for Bale, but I'm not sure they could play in the same team (both left footers who'd want to cut in from the right of a 4-3-3 etc).

The only problem with him is that he is Bale. I.e. he'd be an ideal replacement for Bale, but I'm not sure they could play in the same team (both left footers who'd want to cut in from the right of a 4-3-3 etc).

He wouldn't be cheap either. £10 mill plus I would guess from the Wiki details.

He wouldn't be cheap either. £10 mill plus I would guess from the Wiki details.

Try £25m+. If Mario Götze went for £31m, he's won't be far behind that.

If we'd've gotten £60-80m for Bale this summer, Lamela would have been the player to buy

He plays nothing like Bale. Mate seriously, how many times have you seen him play?

He'd cost upwards of 20m.

Considerably more than that even I would guess.

Like I said earlier in this thread the total fee Roma ended up paying for him was probably close to €20m, since then he's proven himself in the Serie-A and Roma are in a pretty good situation financially I believe.

Unless he starts demanding a move, has a release clause or his contract is running low at some point I would be surprised if he moves for less than £30m.

Lamela is more of the Robben ilk (pace and finesse) than Bale (pace and power).

Would he fit in here? Probably but for £20m+ it'd be worth just signing a striker. Lamela isn't exactly needed but I would be happy if we did sign him.

Lamela is more of the Robben ilk (pace and finesse) than Bale (pace and power).

Would he fit in here? Probably but for £20m+ it'd be worth just signing a striker. Lamela isn't exactly needed but I would be happy if we did sign him.

This is a far more accurate description of the player.

He plays nothing like Bale. Mate seriously, how many times have you seen him play?

Not that much. I just mean that he occupies the same areas of the pitch and is similarly very direct - i.e. he is effective through driving runs, rather than say guile and clever through balls.

Not that much. I just mean that he occupies the same areas of the pitch and is similarly very direct - i.e. he is effective through driving runs, rather than say guile and clever through balls.

In terms of positioning, perhaps.

but I don't think you're giving Lamela enough credit when it comes to his guile, almost underestimating him. Being a Roma fan, I tend to see him a lot and he's much more creative and more skilful than Bale is.

[video=youtube;QK3N1W0IN24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK3N1W0IN24[/video]

In terms of positioning, perhaps.

but I don't think you're giving Lamela enough credit when it comes to his guile, almost underestimating him. Being a Roma fan, I tend to see him a lot and he's much more creative and more skilful than Bale is.

Didn't you say you were a Dortmund fan earlier? And a Real Sociedad fan a bit before that?

I'm assuming you have a favorite team from each country, which is fine, but what I find amusing is that all of them tend to (Sociedad, Dortmund, Roma) have an 'underdog' vibe about them, just like Spurs. :) Could be mistaken, of course.

Last edited:

Didn't you say you were a Dortmund fan earlier? And a Real Sociedad fan a bit before that?

I'm assuming you have a favorite team from each country, which is fine, but what I find amusing is that all of them tend to (Sociedad, Dortmund, Roma) have an 'underdog' vibe about them, just like Spurs. :) Could be mistaken, of course.

I suppose it's just teams I admire watching when I watch the leagues. I've admired Sociedad from the days of the mighty Nihat up top and Roma because I've always liked the club and it's history, I think they are bigger than the history would assume. Yeah you are right, they all do seem to have an underdog vibe, especially Roma who have never been good enough to really challenge for the title yet are a well known club around the world.

Having just watched the video Mumorn supplied I'd see he'd compliment Bale perfectly, both can play left, right or middle and if, as some have stated, we want to play a fluid front 3 he would be able to switch wings in the same way that Bale does. He also looks a vast improvement on anything we have now.

Lamela + Soldado > Bale + Defoe or Bale + Ade.
I won't be too fussed to see the back of Bale is his replacements are right.

Back