• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Much prefer him as a defensive midfielder :)

I think he has done well in the back 3 (probably not as well as Verts and Toby but that is a high standard).

I agree i think he is better as a DM but only with Moose.

If we have to go 4-2-3-1 then fingers crossed those 2 are ok until the end of the season. If Dembele goes down we are in a pickle (on the basis Winks is a gonna)

Heard a decent theory that our 4231 has struggled this season because neither Dembele or Wanyama can pass like Dier can when he plays in that position.

The 4231 with Dier and Dembele back where they were playing last season was possibly our best use of that formation this season?

Heard a decent theory that our 4231 has struggled this season because neither Dembele or Wanyama can pass like Dier can when he plays in that position.

The 4231 with Dier and Dembele back where they were playing last season was possibly our best use of that formation this season?
Some of us have been making that point on here for a while

I loved this from Dier yesterday.
No big fuss, just a casually outstretched arm to pull Dele back.

I fully expect him to be our next captain, not sure where i saw it but i watched a video were he was saying that as a team we are far more relaxed this season. He made a comment that we lost it at the end of last season and it will not happen this time. I thought and said on here that our loss of control after the Chelski game and the end of last season would be a blessing or disaster and its obvious to me that the players learnt from that game and took the lessons into this season. Seeing that from Dier yesterday confirms that lesson learnt.

I fully expect him to be our next captain, not sure where i saw it but i watched a video were he was saying that as a team we are far more relaxed this season. He made a comment that we lost it at the end of last season and it will not happen this time. I thought and said on here that our loss of control after the Chelski game and the end of last season would be a blessing or disaster and its obvious to me that the players learnt from that game and took the lessons into this season. Seeing that from Dier yesterday confirms that lesson learnt.

I certainly agree he is captain material and I'm sure he will captain England one day. I'd agree the same for Spurs except that Poch has mentioned a couple of time that Kane could be captain one day. And as they are contemporaries it is unlikely to happen for both of them.
Personally,as much as I love Harry, I would like to see Dier as our captain in the future.

I certainly agree he is captain material and I'm sure he will captain England one day. I'd agree the same for Spurs except that Poch has mentioned a couple of time that Kane could be captain one day. And as they are contemporaries it is unlikely to happen for both of them.
Personally,as much as I love Harry, I would like to see Dier as our captain in the future.

Maybe i am old fashioned but for me a captain should be involved in the centre of all games, never took to the idea that keepers should be captains ( nothing against Lloris) and i feel the same way about CF's getting the armband. For me Dier would be the perfect player to get the honour.

Did you notice how bossily Kane was organising our defence ahead of one of our corners late on yesterday? I'd say he is the stronger favourite to take over the captaincy when the time comes.

Isn't there talk that Southgate is going to make Kane England captain too?

Back