• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

For what errors or results???

The worst error I've seen this season was Wanyamas Header vs Leiceter that gave them the goal (I don't mean the missed headers where he should have scored)

Yet he never gets criticised because we know he has been pretty much top notch

Let us watch for his performance.

Off the top of my head and without digging too deep.

Zouma for France - age 22
Umtiti for France - age 23
Eric Bailly - age 22
Mike Keane - age 23 has had a brilliant season

Dier is young and learning - aight.

Eric Bailly - age 22

Chelsea Zouma you mean? He hasn't done much in reality but cost a lot... and can't get in there side at the moment.
Umtiti is a very good player i agree
Bailly has played hardly any games to even be considered quality IMO. He cost a hell of a lot of money for a player with so little experience and proven quality
Keane from Burnley you mean. Looks good so far. Lets judge him after 2 1/2 seasons at the top like Dier

Eric Bailly - age 22

I wouldn't swap Dier for any of those! (I haven't seen Umtiti though tbf).

Is that the point you were proving or trying to disprove? Sorry I scrolled back a page or two but I couldn't see what your post was in relation to.

Dier is decent but is still learning. Alot better MF than DF.

Keane is a better defender at Burnley, I can say that but I see Dier as a very decent def midfielder

People are looking for issues where there are none.
https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/error_lead_to_goal

Lloris has been far more culpable in a few crucial games this year, Vertonghen has quite literally has a few slips recently.

People simply get a bee in their bonnet about a player and then look for issues. He makes mistakes but as its been already said, name me a better centre back at his age.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/head_clearance

Stats.

So your stats say that Dier is better in the air and makes less mistakes than Toby Alderweireld. Just doesn't add up.

Stats.

So your stats say that Dier is better in the air and makes less mistakes than Toby Alderweireld. Just doesn't add up.

Eric DIer 2162 Mins Played
Toby 1704 Mins played

Im saying that we have the best defence in the league, and that is with Dier playing the most minutes, so he cant be as error strewn as some people make out.

I guarantee that for Poch, Dier is one of the most important players in the squad. Several positions covered, a genuine leader and can even take a free-kick when required. I think he's golden. Can he improve? I hope so given his age, and I am sure he will...but he is still pretty damn good IMO

Agree 100,% with this. Dier has just turned 23 and is a regular for not just us but England as well. He can play in several posistions and does a very good job in all of them. He will probably not get to his peak for a couple of years yet and when he does he will be a special player.

Agree 100,% with this. Dier has just turned 23 and is a regular for not just us but England as well. He can play in several posistions and does a very good job in all of them. He will probably not get to his peak for a couple of years yet and when he does he will be a special player.
And some on here will still slate him for every little mistake he makes.

It is the versatility you rmention that makes him so important to Poch.
He spoke about it yesterday http://www.football.london/tottenha...io-pochettino-reveals-secrets-behind-12823748

Could we find a better CB? Possibly. But that doesn't mean he is not more than sufficiently competent in that position. How many 23 year olds could be deployed in a top level PL team at either CB, DM or (less preferably) RB?
That's pretty impressive really for such a relatively young player to have that ability to switch positions. It demonstrates both capability and adaptability and intelligence.
I agree he is a special prospect.

The other thing about Dier is that for a defender and a tall man he is terrible in the air.

He's not a defender. His best position is DM however given that we've gone to a back three despite not having many defenders and also given Wanyama has been excellent, he's been playing at the back

He's not a defender. His best position is DM however given that we've gone to a back three despite not having many defenders and also given Wanyama has been excellent, he's been playing at the back

He has spent 90% of his footballing life there in defence

He sporadically played midfield in Lisbon and also right back too

He has spent 90% of his footballing life there in defence

He sporadically played midfield in Lisbon and also right back too

This is true, but in a Spurs shirt his best performances have all been in CM. I think that's maybe one of the things that could prize him away from us, the promise of playing CM? (Completely guessing here)

Eric Bailly - age 22

Out of all of them I would say Keane is on par. Zouma? Not better than Dier for me, I have not seen enough of Umtiti this season and I think Bailly has been OK nothing more.

As you said, Dier is young and learning. He can also play more positions than your examples IMO...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Dier/Dembele midfield for Wednesday then. Incredible that we can field that after our 2 starters getting injured today.

Strong

Back