• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

His biggest fans are usually Baleforce and Scara but even they’ve gone quiet. Pretty sure one of them said we should build the club around Dier. Great plan, building the club around a mediocre player.

I suspect in hindsight we should have moved Dier on when he decided he didn't want to play DM at all

The bigger challenge he gives us is we probably need to move him on now
- Sanchez will go (for both parties)
- Rodon and Tangaga will go
- Lenglet is on loan (available for cheap, £14M)
- We need a top tier CB

So in that scenario

- You might have only Romero as a CB, Davies depending on if we go 3 or 4 and where we intend to use him.
- That means 3 if not 4 incoming CBs

Best options at that stage might be

- Take Lenglet for the £14M
- Spend big on your main CB
- Pick up a veteran from a lower level PL club as a rotation option
- Pick up a young and upcoming CB

Considering we would still have to solve the GK position and the FB/WB roles, it's a big ask for one window.

I suspect in hindsight we should have moved Dier on when he decided he didn't want to play DM at all

The bigger challenge he gives us is we probably need to move him on now
- Sanchez will go (for both parties)
- Rodon and Tangaga will go
- Lenglet is on loan (available for cheap, £14M)
- We need a top tier CB

So in that scenario

- You might have only Romero as a CB, Davies depending on if we go 3 or 4 and where we intend to use him.
- That means 3 if not 4 incoming CBs

Best options at that stage might be

- Take Lenglet for the £14M
- Spend big on your main CB
- Pick up a veteran from a lower level PL club as a rotation option
- Pick up a young and upcoming CB

Considering we would still have to solve the GK position and the FB/WB roles, it's a big ask for one window.

Sanchez and Dier need to leave.

Would reluctantly keep Lenglet and Davies as we need bodies.

I still have faith in him yeah.

I didn't watch the game yesterday so didn't see any mistakes he made, same for Romero.

Starting the game with only two defensive players was always going to be a car crash though, which is why I didn't watch it.

The team is a mess, he has the attitude I want to see in the club, I can forgive mistakes, its lack of effort that annoys me, and its rare he's shown that.

I still have faith in him yeah.

I didn't watch the game yesterday so didn't see any mistakes he made, same for Romero.

Starting the game with only two defensive players was always going to be a car crash though, which is why I didn't watch it.

The team is a mess, he has the attitude I want to see in the club, I can forgive mistakes, its lack of effort that annoys me, and it’s rare he's shown that.

Your unshakeable belief in him is almost cult like akin to a religion mate. So basically he can play as badly as he likes week in week out as long as he tries it’s ok? If we employed that methodology for every player we’d get relegated.

He's way short of the standard needed. We're also better of cashing in on him before his value declines, and if he wants to be a regular starter, he'd be better off leaving too as I'd hope we sign 1-2 CBs this sumemr

Going to be probably 2 out of Dier, Sanchez, and Tanganga leaving, I can't see us replacing all 3, so wouldn't be surprised if it's Dier still here.
Probably depend on who we get offers for.

Said it all along he hides and lives off the performances of others. Today showed clearly that he can't defend and can't score. Needed to go long time ago.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Lenglet is a lot better than the other 3, and he has the excuse of adapting to league, first season, in a struggling back line.

If I had to pick one for the squad depth, don't see how you pick anyone else out of that group.
Lenglet has been disappointing but like you say he's better than the other 3. We also already know their standard and what they can achieve, at least the prospect of Lenglet is still up in the air to a degree.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back