• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I love the way that you go straight to an interpretation of events that paints us in the worst light.

really? but this happens in football, thats how transfers work. Every player is tapped up directly or indirectly through the agent...........if you think otherwise, fair play

I think it was a story created right here, and the press ran with it, he then thought we might make a bid, quite liked the idea and then became unsettled.
Btw, if we'd actually made a bid, surely other outlets would have mentioned this?

you really think that? :D thats funny

so Wanyama became extremely unsettled by some articles in the press, articles which according to you didnt even mention a bid? ok theno_O

you really think that? :D thats funny

so Wanyama became extremely unsettled by some articles in the press, articles which according to you didnt even mention a bid? ok theno_O

OK, how do you know he became unsettled because of us? Could it have been another unnamed club bidding for him but it was kept under wraps and our name was used as cover?

OK, how do you know he became unsettled because of us? Could it have been another unnamed club bidding for him but it was kept under wraps and our name was used as cover?

as i said Matt Le Tissier has more contacts inside Southampton than you or I so if he went on television and said he knew of a Spurs bid and that it was lower than what Southampton paid for Wanyama then I choose to believe that. If you think he chose to lie and talk "hogwash" then thats your prerogative.

as i said Matt Le Tissier has more contacts inside Southampton than you or I so if he went on television and said he knew of a Spurs bid and that it was lower than what Southampton paid for Wanyama then I choose to believe that. If you think he chose to lie and talk "hogwash" then thats your prerogative.

Many thanks - i will choose to believe Le Tissier was trumping

Not really, more sad that some fans will believe anything they read that makes Levy and the club look bad.

Or the obvious when more people come out and talk about levys way in the transfer market and reject anything negative said about levy until a parorama do a documentary

Or the obvious when more people come out and talk about levys way in the transfer market and reject anything negative said about levy until a parorama do a documentary

The problem is that there are some who believe what they read if it backs up their narrative, personally I take anything I read with a pinch of salt and never use it to back up my thoughts. Lets be honest most of what we read in the press or hear some pundit say to justify their existence is gonad*s. But as I say there are some who will use it without a thought as long as it backs their view on events. That is sad.

I know that Panorama has gone to brick but I don't believe that even they would run a 'football chairman opens negotiations with a low bid to test the water' story.

:D i suppose you feel angry that he claimed Levy made a derisory bid

For clarity, Le Tissier said Spurs had made a bid .. (NOT Levy)

- This assumption that Levy calls people directly early in the bid is just a fan concept (Chairmen have better things to do)

There are usually initial conversations that indicate if the player is available and likely cost.

Rather than everyone go off on if Le Tissier is a liar, I suspect he has verbal view of stuff at the club, we probably made inquiries (maybe never even formal bid) and we disagreed on a likely value range.

Not a very exciting story .. but much better if we embellish inquiry to formal bid, and price disagreement to derisory bid

I really don't think this is true for a number of reasons:

1. Like it or loathe it, Southampton are actually a very well run club. Although Le Tissier is a legend there, the chances of them letting him know the ins and outs of any transfer deal are low, imho. It would be akin to Hoddle knowing what's going on at Spurs or Ledley. They know he is a pundit and it would be bizarre that the chairman (not around when Le Tissier was a player), manager, or Les Reed would tell him sensitive information knowing that he is a bit of a gob brick, I mean pundit. He has fallen out with Southampton's new owners plenty of times. He's called them a laughing stock, couldn't call either Poch or Koeman joining them has never called any of their transfers yet has somehow been given the information that they rejected our bid and that it was lower than what they paid for him. He is just a former legend who thinks he has the inside track. He thought Cortese had left to go and get his own consortium to buy out Southampton's owners as an example.

Then you have the character of Le Tissier. What has he called right in terms of having inside information for Southampton. He was angry that Lallana and Lovren left for Liverpool (http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...w-Liverpool-duo-Dejan-Lovren-and-Adam-Lallana) and then it turns out he advised one of them to move (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...issier-told-Adam-Lallana-to-move-to-Liverpool).

And then there's the common sense. Why would anyone, let alone someone who is far more experienced than anyone on this board, put in a bid for a player that is less than what the selling club paid for when the player has been pretty good, is not looking for a move and the club is not looking to move them.

As things stand, it's his position to lose and if he carries on playing like he is then he stands a good chance of holding onto it.

I was wondering this morning if he has a better chance of going to the European Championship next summer as a DM than a CB.

If I was Hodgson I'd start involving him in the squad as of now, as a DM. Without Carrick we don't have anyone else who sits back and protects the defense - Henderson, Delph, Mason, Milner, Wheelchair - all tend to drive forward on and/or off the ball. Shelvey has been sitting in the last two games, but I thought looked pretty poor there from a defensive point of view.

I wonder if Dier and Shelvey could be a very well suited partnership for a number of years, if they can both live up to their potential.

Indians negativity is painful. I mentioned it a while ago, just jumps to the negative point on anything, even when he has no idea about any of the specifics. Just the most negative opinions on everything.... Hope you're more positive in your personal life!

Not really, more sad that some fans will believe anything they read that makes Levy and the club look bad.

And you are one of these hardened band of people on here that cling on to any article, rumour, press release that makes our club look good.

Funny how you rubbish any negative story yet cling on to nearly all positives and swear by contrived press releases as gospel to the truth behind people's feelings and strategy. Then you Leave schneidy remarks for people who disagree with your opinion.

Pot kettle black

I really don't think this is true for a number of reasons:

1. Like it or loathe it, Southampton are actually a very well run club. Although Le Tissier is a legend there, the chances of them letting him know the ins and outs of any transfer deal are low, imho. It would be akin to Hoddle knowing what's going on at Spurs or Ledley. They know he is a pundit and it would be bizarre that the chairman (not around when Le Tissier was a player), manager, or Les Reed would tell him sensitive information knowing that he is a bit of a gob ****e, I mean pundit. He has fallen out with Southampton's new owners plenty of times. He's called them a laughing stock, couldn't call either Poch or Koeman joining them has never called any of their transfers yet has somehow been given the information that they rejected our bid and that it was lower than what they paid for him. He is just a former legend who thinks he has the inside track. He thought Cortese had left to go and get his own consortium to buy out Southampton's owners as an example.

Then you have the character of Le Tissier. What has he called right in terms of having inside information for Southampton. He was angry that Lallana and Lovren left for Liverpool (http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...w-Liverpool-duo-Dejan-Lovren-and-Adam-Lallana) and then it turns out he advised one of them to move (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...issier-told-Adam-Lallana-to-move-to-Liverpool).

And then there's the common sense. Why would anyone, let alone someone who is far more experienced than anyone on this board, put in a bid for a player that is less than what the selling club paid for when the player has been pretty good, is not looking for a move and the club is not looking to move them.

An ex player who is a legend at the club, will have friends in high places, is a pundit who will have access to some behind the scenes goings on.

Maybe he's misinformed or whatever - who cares the window is done and it's irrelevant now, we have what we have. However, Considering the numerous stories and comments about levy low balling clubs and unsettling then then this story isn't unbelievable and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand

Back