• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Apparently there are going to be more stories, in the Sunday papers, about Dier leaving. This story won't go away, will it?!

Well there's no smoke without fire. Mourinho said yesterday regarding Bale he's not going to waste time going after him because he didn't get the feeling he wanted to leave. Obviously not quite getting those signals from Dier....

Well there's no smoke without fire. Mourinho said yesterday regarding Bale he's not going to waste time going after him because he didn't get the feeling he wanted to leave. Obviously not quite getting those signals from Dier....

Actually if you read all the papers over a close season i would say there is a lot of smoke without fire ( most of it is rubbish). Not saying this latest one is false but i guess we will see.

Here's what Barack and I think Mourinho can do

obama.jpg

This Utd bid of 40 mill came a few weeks ago imo. Jim White the cnut is just stirring it up by making it appear a recent bid.

Levy rejected the original bid weeks ago and told Utd no deal under any circumstances. That's why they've gone back to getting Matic done.

Would any of you sell him for 45m and buy Van Dijk for 55m?

Would represent an upgrade to our squad in my opinion.

According to the media, haven't Mau Utd already made one last offer of £60m for Dier? ...I'm sure whatever Southampton can raise for VanDijk , we'd be able to match by selling Dier..

And no, I wouldn't , the versatility of Dier edges it for me.

Last edited:
Van Dijk has made his mind up about joining Liverpool, ahead of City and Chekski. No-one else, as long as the Saints are willing to deal with Liverpool of course

Would any of you sell him for 45m and buy Van Dijk for 55m?

Would represent an upgrade to our squad in my opinion.

Dier is basically two players in one though. So you spend £10m replacing him with Van Dijk, then you've got a hole at DM you've got to spend on to fill too, how much is that going to cost? He also allows us to seamlessly switch between three or four at the back during a game, Van Dijk doesn't.

Last edited:
Dier is basically two players in one though. So you spend £10m replacing him with Van Dijk, then you've got a hole at DM you've got to spend on to fill too, how much is that going to cost? He also allows us to seamlessly switch between three or four at the back during a game, Van Dijk doesn't.

Spot on. No way would I swap Dier for Van Dijk

Van Dijk is far less flexible and I'm not convinced he's a significantly better player anyway.

Could not agree more, i do like Van Dijk but letting Dier go would be a MASSIVE mistake( not that it is going to happen).

Back