• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

The business stuff I have no argument against.

The football stuff I tend to disagree. We’re certainly not “roughly where I expect to be” - not for the cost of my season ticket.

And it might be acceptable to sit below Apple, but probably not Amstrad and Amiga which is a few games away.
We are hurting and hurting bad but we are no worse off than the day Conte walked in overall reality IMO. We need a summer where we get a right manager, new DOF and get rid of the wood

The thing is as bad as today's result and performance was today it has negligible impact on where we were in reality

The calls for a new manager to come in now is not what we need IMO, now calls for level and a breath

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Public accounts show how much is listed as assets and as I say they show via multiple companies

We have debt of course, I said that but as I've also said there is the value add of future earnings, that's what also inflates the value of most clubs when they are sold

Those future developments also come with land owns, like the land opposite the training ground that the club now owns, that's worth money.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

If I was writing out a cheque to acquire all of Tottenham’s assets both Sporting and Non sporting, and pay down all the debt.
What is that number?

The business stuff I have no argument against.

The football stuff I tend to disagree. We’re certainly not “roughly where I expect to be” - not for the cost of my season ticket.

And it might be acceptable to sit below Apple, but probably not Amstrad and Amiga which is a few games away.

The cost of the ticket is determined by supply and demand. Not how well the team is playing. If less people are willing to pay that price the price will drop.

If I was writing out a cheque to acquire all of Tottenham’s assets both Sporting and Non sporting, and pay down all the debt.
What is that number?
Profitable companies are valued at 10 x their turnover plus assets - less debt

rough numbers
our assets are worth about 1.5B maybe more (stadium, training ground, land and players)
Our debt is £700m ish at a guess
So that’s a £800m upside
We have about £150m cash I think
So that’s £950m on asset value

then use the multiplier model for a profitable company and assume we only want 5 times turnover… because levy is feeling generous

450 x 5 = 2.25B
Then add your assets

it’s well over £3B

that is actually reasonable by the way for an industry with crazy levels of loyalty, more head room to grow and an increasing market

Last edited:
The cost of the ticket is determined by supply and demand. Not how well the team is playing. If less people are willing to pay that price the price will drop.
I think that will happen for the newer season ticket holders and those with enough loyalty points to to get or are close to getting away tickets will renew but we will continue to see more and more variation in these areas via the ticket exchange. There was hardly anyone I recognised in 250 lower against Bournemouth and that was a 3pm winnable game with 4th a possibility.

I can
We kept Kane
That was a brilliant decision
We have also brought some decent players (that’s the DOF role)
Paratici was a good appointment
Conte was too
Shame it went full conte too quickly

we also now have a proper structure in place which at mean better youth coming though

Paratici was a disasterous appointment, it was an absolute failure to appoint someone that was under investigation by uefa.

It was either incompetence not to check that he was under investigation, or a poor, poor decision to go for someone we knew would get suspended.

Paratici was a disasterous appointment, it was an absolute failure to appoint someone that was under investigation by uefa.

It was either incompetence not to check that he was under investigation, or a poor, poor decision to go for someone we knew would get suspended.
I don’t agree
UEFA can’t organise a tinkle up in a brewery so anything and everything could have happened there
If he was the available guy with the relevant experience it was worth it
You see the benefits of DOFs when they leave

Exactly, I really wonder about people some fudging days ..

I don't like Levy, he has got to go .. ok? how/why/what can force it?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (to rub salt into the wound) didn't like Ashley for what? a decade plus? they never got him to leave, money did ..

It's not for me to say how or what can force it. I have given the why and so have others. That is our opinion.

He has failed. Conte said what we are all thinking. Poch tried to say it. Rose has said it recently.

He tries to keep people/staff quiet. He has a gagging order on them. That is why our managers speak so cryptically. It's ridiculous. What an insecure little man. Nobody can speak against him, but fans, some fans, see right through it. I wonder about some fans sometimes.

The guy made some great signings and some signings who could be great. So not disastrous in that sense. The rest of your point is well made though.

It's not for me to say how or what can force it. I have given the why and so have others. That is our opinion.

He has failed. Conte said what we are all thinking. Poch tried to say it. Rose has said it recently.

He tries to keep people/staff quiet. He has a gagging order on them. That is why our managers speak so cryptically. It's ridiculous. What an insecure little man. Nobody can speak against him, but fans, some fans, see right through it. I wonder about some fans sometimes.

What managers have ever come out and slated the owners?

I don’t agree
UEFA can’t organise a tinkle up in a brewery so anything and everything could have happened there
If he was the available guy with the relevant experience it was worth it
You see the benefits of Dofs when they leave

I don't think anybody questions paraticis credentials. What I am questioning, is whether it is right to appoint someone who you know is under investigation in another country for fraud?

There is no use in blaming UEFA for our incompetence.

Ultimately - decisions are proven good or bad based on outcomes.

I don't disagree with this, but with football and pretty much every sport you'll sooner or later have bad outcomes, statistically you'll obviously have "bad outcomes" (no trophies?) over and over again, as stable good outcomes are an anomaly rather than the norm (just look at the amount of managers sacked this season).

So yeah, we're the 6th richest team, and we're thereabouts in the table. Levy has had to gamble on the Contes and Mourinhos of this world, I get the gamble - it failed, but OK, we move on. Would I rather have a billionaire dirty money-owner? I'm not so sure. Be careful what we wish for.

Having said that, if we can get a loyal Paratici-esque guy that can do his job, takes progressive footballing decisions along the lines of the club philosophy, tries to get an entertaining young team up and running - and hey presto, we're looking at a different thing, aren't we?

I don't think anybody questions paraticis credentials. What I am questioning, is whether it is right to appoint someone who you know is under investigation in another country for fraud?

No their incompetence
Why has it asking this long
Why did it need criminal actions due to Juve being a plc for anything to happen?
It’s not UEFA who have actioned this. They have endorsed someone else work
It’s not unreasonable to make an assumption that someone may not be guilty just because his ex employers are being investigated
Emirates Marketing Project have got away with loads do things but people would still employ their staff and players

The guy made some great signings and some signings who could be great. So not disastrous in that sense. The rest of your point is well made though.

We need structure and to lay some strong foundations to build something. Getting someone in that has the potential to be gone in a year is senseless.

I don't disagree with this, but with football and pretty much every sport you'll sooner or later have bad outcomes, statistically you'll obviously have "bad outcomes" (no trophies?) over and over again, as stable good outcomes are an anomaly rather than the norm (just look at the amount of managers sacked this season).

So yeah, we're the 6th richest team, and we're thereabouts in the table. Levy has had to gamble on the Contes and Mourinhos of this world, I get the gamble - it failed, but OK, we move on. Would I rather have a billionaire dirty money-owner? I'm not so sure. Be careful what we wish for.
Richest?
Where does that come from?
I’ve seen so many spurs fans get turnover mixed up with richness …

Richest?
Where does that come from?
I’ve seen so many spurs fans get turnover mixed up with richness …

City, United, Chelski, Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and probably Arsenal can outspend us on wages and transfer fees, is what I meant.

He wasn't under investigation by UEFA?

Plus until the Guardian journo picked up the phone to FIFA, there were no articles slamming the continuing employment of Paratici and no-one on here appeared too bothered he was still operating for us, even though his Italian ban had been issued back in January.

Back