• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Liverpool did overpay for Van Dijk. He's a very good player but, by his standards, just had a season to forget. What happens if he has another one of those next season? £75m goes from an overpayment to stupidity.

Van Dijk is also a significantly better player than Rice for only 3/4 of the price - even with Victimpool overpaying.

No he isn’t. He also isn’t ‘association trained’ which adds 20+ percent to a transfer fee.

I think they are very different and I rate Rice highly. Bellingham has the potential to reach the very top in my opinion
I agree but Bellingham still makes a lot of bad decisions on the pitch. £88m will likely prove a good investment but he may cost Madrid some games as he matures.

Up there with our worst value signings.
Maybe you two can find some way of washing each other's mouths out.

Your shared opinion is a stain on the entire human race. Years from now when the Earth is nothing but a burned out husk of global warming/nuclear holocaust and the planet is inhabited solely by c0ckroaches and gingers, people will ask what human kind's biggest mistake was.

The answer will be your opinion of Lamela.

No he isn’t. He also isn’t ‘association trained’ which adds 20+ percent to a transfer fee.
I think you have an opinion of Rice that can only be bettered by his own mum.

He's decent, doesn't fudge up much, doesn't ever really do anything of note either.

For some further detail on that:
FmRNgZAXgAAdRNk.jpeg
Beautifully described by Statsbomb as a fairly limited player, doing a decent job of a fairly limited role.

This is what a high value player looks like (although £100m would still be over spending):
Fyl4UdWWcAEnSFQ.jpeg

Or for another view of that:
Screenshot_20230614_232930_Chrome.jpg

Now, I rate Bentancur very highly, but I'd be upset if we spent £100m on him. Not sure why but I can't get understat to add the defensive parts onto that, but what is there is an important illustration of how Declan Rice is where promising attacks go to die.

Last edited:
Back to Enic - arsenal with a similar sized stadium and less revenue: is it fair for
me to expect enic spending 100mm on A player when we get champions league?

Back to Enic - arsenal with a similar sized stadium and less revenue: is it fair for
me to expect enic spending 100mm on A player when we get champions league?
So spending 100m on a player will keep you happy? I'd rather we bought the right player. Raya for 30-40m would give a much bigger improvement to the team than buying Rice for 100m.

It's the fact that they have identified what they lack in the team and gone for their number one target, confident of getting their man and not getting gazumped.

We would go in, haggle the wages down and then string it out with the transfer and eventually miss out .... failing that we would wait and get the cheaper alternatives.

We don't have the conviction, they are backing their manager properly. First they stuck with him, helped him clear out most of the dross, and now giving him the funds to push for titles ... a little envious.

I guess we got some concerts coming up
Your golden gooners couldn't quite follow that protocol when they wanted Mudryk and Caicedo in January

Might have cost them the league.

I think this detracts from the message that should be focused on. We are way behind Arsenal now as a team build, for me personally it would actually be a dereliction of duty to go out and buy a 100m midfielder, like putting lipstick on a pig.

We have alot more to do before we get to adding the final pieces like Arsenal now.

BUT and it's a slightly optimistic bit on my part admittedly, 2/3 years ago people would have and did snear at Arsenal for where they were, that's where we are now.
It's cyclical, their fanbase moaning when we had Poch.

There's a good chance this will be Arteta's final season. He really needs to win a trophy this season. The way the last two have ended is a hammer blow to the leader more than anyone. The dressing room doubts will spread if you keep failing (even if it's largely the players fault) in the manner they have.

We literally moved in to the new stadium when people started with the "I thought the stadium was going to be a gamechanger"

I think prior to Chelsea going mad we were spending 3rd highest net in the league in the years since the stadium opened - which i think is a fair spend. We need to bring wages up in line with that but due to the nature of contracts that will take a number of years to fall in line. I don't think you can reasonably expect more than that

I think prior to Chelsea going mad we were spending 3rd highest net in the league in the years since the stadium opened - which i think is a fair spend. We need to bring wages up in line with that but due to the nature of contracts that will take a number of years to fall in line. I don't think you can reasonably expect more than that

Yeh I agree on all that

I said 5 years of Covid free stadium will be a fair yardstick on where we are with the stadium and I stick to that

Your golden gooners couldn't quite follow that protocol when they wanted Mudryk and Caicedo in January

Might have cost them the league.

Cheap shot as per ...

They didn't get the two mentioned but will have addressed a lack in midfield. They have many players like mudryk so no loss to them.

Why not look at the bigger picture and not be so small minded ... they are doing a brilliant rebuild ... spending money and playing their youth ...

Not sure why we are discussing the Scum, but for what it is worth (since everyone thinks they are doing such a great job), their £90M bid was turned down and City are now in the game.

Back