• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Don't we incentivise performance with bonuses?

When it refers to giving staff a bonus I think it was referring to all the non-playing staff at the club.
They may or may not have a bonus structure in place as part of their compensation scheme, but this is something extra, due in no doubt to exceeding expectations and getting the windfall of European football.

Completely naïve if you think the common narrative of money hording, sucking the value out of club, cheap, parasite claims re Levy have no basis in antisemitism. The Levy out signage around the stadium in last game literally had an image of him holding bags of money (I could dig up some very similar Nazi propaganda as reference if you would like).

There actually was some idiot who called into Talksport a while back (couple of years?) and actually said it out loud.

You may think PC has gone overboard, but time and time again with brick like this, if you don't push back, you are enabling.

Call him a bald clam if you want, call him a brick chairman, but words matter and who you enable matters.

As a Jew my heart sinks with the imagery and wording TBH. Its often a term far too often used to describe Jews

Like you said, we can debate if he is a good or bad chairman but the images and wording used needs looking at because it feeds into what, on the face to it, looks anti semitic.

Its a term we should distance ourselves from regardless on who its aimed at IMO

When it refers to giving staff a bonus I think it was referring to all the non-playing staff at the club.
They may or may not have a bonus structure in place as part of their compensation scheme, but this is something extra, due in no doubt to exceeding expectations and getting the windfall of European football.

Would be interesting how that would be levelled at Spurs, a huge proportion of staff to run the operation are agency from Deleware, Levy UK (no link to Daniel) and Aesthetics agency. So its not the club who control their salaries, they sign an invoice for the service, its down to those companies what they want to pay them. Having worked with one of those companies in the past I know there is a huge disproportion on what we paid them and what was being paid to the staff, its a decent income to earn per head for supplying staff.

I think what @billyiddo was referring to is a lot of Spurs staff/players have heavily weighted performance bonuses

Hence referencing Brighton (who massively overperformed vs wildest expectations) giving staff bonuses vs. Spurs (who had worse season in 13+ years) not giving is just a dumbass statement.

And typical, there are many things to go after Levy/ENIC for, asking why we didn't give this squad a bonus isn't one of them

Ah right… sorry [mention]billyiddo [/mention]

As a Jew my heart sinks with the imagery and wording TBH. Its often a term far too often used to describe Jews

Like you said, we can debate if he is a good or bad chairman but the images and wording used needs looking at because it feeds into what, on the face to it, looks anti semitic.

Its a term we should distance ourselves from regardless on who its aimed at IMO

Agreed and not Jewish but have lived in many countries and seen a lot of discrimination (as an outsider you often see what is "accepted")

It amazes me how people don't understand the big pushback against PC/woke culture is heavily manipulated by people who want to be racists/misogynists/antisemites

Agreed and not Jewish but have lived in many countries and seen a lot of discrimination (as an outsider you often see what is "accepted")

It amazes me how people don't understand the big pushback against PC/woke culture is heavily manipulated by people who want to be racists/misogynists/antisemites

Yep, Australia has a bad association with the term, they did a study once not so long ago and it was alarming the number of Jews who had received an email of abuse with the term in it.

And lets be honest here, because I know people will call it PC gone made later today I am sure, but regardless what you think of Levy and Lewis they are not parasites, vermin, rats or any other kind of rodents, its gone too far with those terms regardless if you choose to be ignorant on the wording.

Anyway I will let peoples conscious guide them on that one

Would be interesting how that would be levelled at Spurs, a huge proportion of staff to run the operation are agency from Deleware, Levy UK (no link to Daniel) and Aesthetics agency. So its not the club who control their salaries, they sign an invoice for the service, its down to those companies what they want to pay them. Having worked with one of those companies in the past I know there is a huge disproportion on what we paid them and what was being paid to the staff, its a decent income to earn per head for supplying staff.

I'd imagine office-based staff - HR, Accounts, Marketing/Commercial, Ticket Office, Sales - are directly employed?

I know we insist on the London Living wage being paid but beyond that, as you say, it's out of our control for agency staff.

I'd imagine office-based staff - HR, Accounts, Marketing/Commercial, Ticket Office, Sales - are directly employed?

I know we insist on the London Living wage being paid but beyond that, as you say, it's out of our control for agency staff.

Yeh they are for sure direct.

Its the one for fans to cling onto. For years it was they are taking money out, when that was disproven they needed to move onto something and that was financial based. Levy is the head of a 450m turnover business, his salary is par for that level, anyone picking at that have lost sense of reality.

Haters have to hate.

Maybe but thats impossible to prove. Thats why, as I say, they would be better served in using a different word.

The fact is we do have Jewish owners and a clear Jewish heritage as a club the use of the word is ignorant of the history IMO

Where do you put the word swastika? Because it's completely revered not only in India but found around the world in ancient civilisations? I'm just wanting to know where we draw the line, because it's offensive to say anything but it's a great sign of good luck in those cultures.

Completely naïve if you think the common narrative of money hording, sucking the value out of club, cheap, parasite claims re Levy have no basis in antisemitism. The Levy out signage around the stadium in last game literally had an image of him holding bags of money (I could dig up some very similar Nazi propaganda as reference if you would like).

There actually was some idiot who called into Talksport a while back (couple of years?) and actually said it out loud.

You may think PC has gone overboard, but time and time again with brick like this, if you don't push back, you are enabling.

Call him a bald clam if you want, call him a brick chairman, but words matter and who you enable matters.

Again I find this over the top, and you are entitled to your opinion as I am. None of that was said just that he was a parasite ....

Where do you put the word swastika? Because it's completely revered not only in India but found around the world in ancient civilisations? I'm just wanting to know where we draw the line, because it's offensive to say anything but it's a great sign of good luck in those cultures.

Common mate, to your reply to me, we are all entitled to our opinion.

That said, it's completely disingenuous not to understand words/symbols can be coempted by a group/movement, as you mentioned the swastika, that has one meaning now, as does a rainbow flag (bad and good example)

Surely you don't believe anyone with a swastika tattoo has it because they want an ancient good luck symbol?

Well it not the same because the word in question is not being used out of context, its being used negatively to enflame a POV, knowingly or not its not the same as your example. But I tell you what I would not do, I would not use a word to describe someone from a certain ethnicity or race if that term has been historically appropriated by the far right to describe that specific ethnicity or race, not least because its unnecessary and brings its use into question and detracts from the relevant points they might have.

Again I find this over the top, and you are entitled to your opinion as I am. None of that was said just that he was a parasite ....

NO one is saying they said it, its the use of the word in combination with a campaign which has images of the owners running off with bags of money and terms like "tight" "penny pinching" "cheapening" "Sucking money out".....etc which make the use of the word a bad look again because the history of the term being used because of the idea Jews somehow suck money out of things and areas......its not a good look IMO

Common mate, to your reply to me, we are all entitled to our opinion.

That said, it's completely disingenuous not to understand words/symbols can be coempted by a group/movement, as you mentioned the swastika, that has one meaning now, as does a rainbow flag (bad and good example)

Surely you don't believe anyone with a swastika tattoo has it because they want an ancient good luck symbol?

Again it's miseducation to think the swastika has one meaning, it's always and will always have the meaning of a good luck sign to those cultures. If you travel to India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, east Asia where Hinduism has had an influence you will see the swastika in almost every temple, and yes people even have them as tatoos.

So my point is that the word parasite is exclusive to our Jewish owner but used in a way, from how I read it as someone leeching from the club.

I'll leave it that, and enjoy your Bank Holiday

"I can't be racist my best mates black"

Jeez, not that old chestnut.... I actually do have black friends and the levels of racism used amongst our friendships is on levels that would not be tolerated by those outside. They are not racist as I'm not, we just have our way of taking the tinkle out of each other and it's closeness to have that humour. We are never offended as they rip me apart for having asian heritage ...

Anyway I digress... just easy to say things these days with people pointing and shouting with context that what was not meant in the first place.

Jeez, not that old chestnut.... I actually do have black friends and the levels of racism used amongst our friendships is on levels that would not be tolerated by those outside. They are not racist as I'm not, we just have our way of taking the tinkle out of each other and it's closeness to have that humour. We are never offended as they rip me apart for having asian heritage ...

Anyway I digress... just easy to say things these days with people pointing and shouting with context that what was not meant in the first place.

That wasn't aimed at you BTW more to the excuse used by anyone who might don a swastika....

No one is screaming and shouting, I'm certainly not here. I'm pointing out as a Jew how it looks and asking is the wording appropriate, I don't think it us, you think it's OK.

We shall leave it there

Back