• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

City's was already built for the commonwealth games.

In the US the NFL teams tout themselves to other Cities and happily move if one shows favour.

Levy had to stoop to organising riots to get the leverage he needed.:)

It was built for City, the Commonwealth Games was timely and convenient cover.

City got one.

It’s really common in the US.

We got a fair amount of grease on the wheels to not move to Stratford too.

You mean after years of rooster blocking? We had zero cooperation and all sorts of bizarre requests (London wanted us to pay for the roads IIRC, on top of train upgrades/etc.)

Tottenham council was absolutely not helpful in anyway until there was the real threat of us leaving.

It was built for City, the Commonwealth Games was timely and convenient cover.
'Cover', really? The bids for various games had long been a target for the city.
They were fearful of being left with one of those soul less running track stadiums.

I thought City had now purchased it outright but still leasing it apparently?

'Cover', really? The bids for various games had long been a target for the city.
They were fearful of being left with one of those soul less running track stadiums.

I thought City had now purchased it outright but still leasing it apparently?

yeah but that kind of event is normally hosted in a supermarket car park

Getting planning permission itself?

Lot of beers ago. But think we already had planning permission and plans. We would have to agree to tens of millions worth of s106 agreements to get it done. The financial crash and olympic stadium became available. We bidded for it. West ham cheated. We called foul. Agreed that the council and mayor would let us off the s106 agreements if we left it there snd let west ham have the stadium. We agreed as long as athletics was given a 50 year lease aswell. Meaning west ham couldn't just rebuild as a football stadium.

jVz26bzl.png

Not quite sure what volume is refering to on this?

Didn't Levy say we have spent over £500 million on players since the new stadium was completed in 2019. We haven't had much bang for our buck have we?

I like Levy on the whole so this is not an anti Levy post.

But even spending that money we were speculating and not going after the really top players. Notably Reguilon, Sanchez, Lo Celso and Ndombele had never played in the prem, so were actually gambles. With Kulu we tried before buying.

I think we should go back to the approach where we sign players who are young and hungry with price tags to match. We had such success in the just below top level players withVerts, Eriksen etc.

Would also like us to scout the Asianmarket like Brighton did, sign a player then loan him out to get used to European football.

I don't want us to just spend money but use it wisely. Would not care if we broke even every year on transfers. Also we need to resign dennis cirkin.

Back