• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Encroachment

What actually are the rules on this? I've always been confused that defenders are allowed to do that, since I thought obstruction was illegal, but I've never seen obstruction fully defined. Either way it spoils potentially exciting points in games where defenders could be in a tricky spot but just go for the easy way out and the attacker can do absolutely nothing about it.

Obstruction is defined as something like blocking a play while making no attempt to play the ball, so this is clearly obstruction.

I think they could use a stricter (and possibly extended) interpretation of obstruction to deal with some of the pushing and shoving at corners that they don't think merits a foul. More indirect free kicks in the box could be interesting.

defoe 'goal' last season in the europa cup,the fifth offcial (behind the goal)told the ref it was offside.And thats the only time ive seen them do something,typical!!!

I was thinking of that incident. Wasn't the play called back for a foul on the player on the ground (who played Defoe onside), effectively after playing around 10 seconds advantage? I suspect it was more an excuse.

For time wasting I would like to see stats on "effective playing time" immediately after games so that at least the refs and the public get a proper idea of what is going on.

Right now the advantages when time wasting are just too big.

I was watching a bit of Inter vs Cagliari on Sunday and at they kept flashing up a graphic showing the ball in play, similar to a chess clock where it switches sides when the other team gets the ball. Out of the 48 minute first half, 11 minutes to Inter and 17 to Cagliari. 20 minutes wasted here and there.

And looking at the stats now that first half included 2 goals and 3 yellow cards to account for the added time.

Timekeeping should be taken out of the referees hands. They have enough to worry about. The 4th official should keep time and it should be linked to the stadium clock if possible.

The rule where an injured player has to leave the field of play in the trainer comes on drives me mad. I understand why it was introduced but it actually hands an advantage to the opposing team. Why not just stop the clock as long as the player is on the ground and start it again when play goes on. Stupid rule.

I also hate the rule where SAF is in control of the amount of extra time played at the end of a match. Terribly unfair.

It drives me insane when I see a wall move forward a couple of steps, as the referee steps away from a free kick

I hate it more than diving and dirty tackles

Is it just me?

What's your worst cheat in football?

Was taught a clever trick by a fellow ref years back to solve that problem. Measure out 11 yards in paces and use that as your measurement for where the wall stands, doesn't matter if they step forward a yard then. :-"

Back