• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Encroachment

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
It drives me insane when I see a wall move forward a couple of steps, as the referee steps away from a free kick

I hate it more than diving and dirty tackles

Is it just me?

What's your worst cheat in football?

Defenders climbing all over forwards, but the forward gets penalised for "backing in", does my head in as a striker!!

Defenders like Carvalho grabbing hold of players in the penalty box and getting away with it. If more refs had the balls to give a pen, then defenders wouldn't do it as much.

It drives me insane when I see a wall move forward a couple of steps, as the referee steps away from a free kick

Is it just me?

This. x1.000.000.

Get out the Brazilian spray cans the refs use there, and yellow cards aplenty when players step over the line. Getting ridiculous really.

There is a culture within football to try and exploit the rules and gain any advantage you can and the refs allow it. They had that trial with the vanishing spray paint, lasted about a minute. Wonder what happened with that.

I find it just as annoying when someone has to go and pick up the ball and roll it forward a bit before taking a freekick or run half the pitch before they take a throw in. Throw ins should be limited to a few seconds or you lose your chance.

Worst of all is still players that carry the ball with them after they've fouled someone. Should be a booking, just like kicking the ball away.

Yeah, I don't understand why they just get the spray bottles like in South America. Seems like a good solution.

Jordinho: That ball carrying thing tinkles me off as well, same with just standing in front of the player looking to take a quick free kick. Ridiculous that those things are overlooked while kicking the ball away is a yellow.

I hate seeing a referee mark out the distance with NINE steps

Doesn't really matter how many steps they take as long as they get the distance right...

While it's 10 yards it's actually 9.15 meters.

Referees are generally quite good at measuring those distances accurately from what I know.

Is it just me?

It certainly isnt.

You should be sat next to me when there's a free kick awarded. I can count on one hand how many times I've seen a wall 10yards from the ball. Its my pet hate.

If these refs think these players are 10yds back, they can measure my carpet anyday.

The worst part is, they pace it out, show the players where they should be and 9 times out of 10 they stand a few foot in front of the ref, even before he walks off, and then as you say, start shuffling behind his back.

If its an indirect free kick,by the time the ball has been passed the charging players are as good as 2,maybe 3 yards from the ball. Waste of time!

Is it just me?

This. One, because it makes a massive difference towards the effectiveness of a direct free kick. We'll never be able to tell, how many would be goals, were snuffed out, due to this. Secondly, because 99% of the time it goes unpunished! They could easily utilise the help of the linesman etc.

Short corners is another gripe of mine, but that's a different topic, I guess!

Sneaky arm-holding in the box on the blindside of the ref. Seems to have become much more prevalent recently, except we're probably as guilty as the best of them.

What really grinds me is the extra officials behind the goals. When have they ever given ANYthing?

Sneaky arm-holding in the box on the blindside of the ref. Seems to have become much more prevalent recently, except we're probably as guilty as the best of them.

What really grinds me is the extra officials behind the goals. When have they ever given ANYthing?

how would you know, all they can do is tell the ref what they saw via radio, they are not permitted to signal in anyway

how would you know, all they can do is tell the ref what they saw via radio, they are not permitted to signal in anyway

Okay so maybe they do make the right call but still the ref never gives a thing. Whatever, the number of replays we see where they have a grandstand view of all the shirt-pulling, deliberate arm-holding and outright flattening of opponents in the box yet nothing ever happens.

Either way it grinds me!!

throw ins 10m from where the ball went out - Walker is as guilty as anyone on this.

goalies punting it from a metre out of their box, should be yellow card and free kick if the linesman opened their stupid eyes.

complaining for a throw you know isn't yours. Sometimes it is hard enough to get the decision right without having people cheat for minor advantages.

encroachment on a penalty is worse than the free kick. Refs should make the players move away completely. Either it's a goal, the ball is out of play or the goalie saves and they can get the ball from there - not from 2 yards out because the player has followed the kicker in and is nearly next to him.

i also hate time wasting on goal kicks, the referees could make a point of booking the goalkeeper immediately rather than infuriating the crowd and letting it drag on for most of the game. I have been at Spurs games where the opposition keeper has done this and the referee only booked him in stoppage time at the end of the second half.

complaining for a throw you know isn't yours. Sometimes it is hard enough to get the decision right without having people cheat for minor advantages.

encroachment on a penalty is worse than the free kick. Refs should make the players move away completely. Either it's a goal, the ball is out of play or the goalie saves and they can get the ball from there - not from 2 yards out because the player has followed the kicker in and is nearly next to him.

i also hate time wasting on goal kicks, the referees could make a point of booking the goalkeeper immediately rather than infuriating the crowd and letting it drag on for most of the game. I have been at Spurs games where the opposition keeper has done this and the referee only booked him in stoppage time at the end of the second half.

For time wasting I would like to see stats on "effective playing time" immediately after games so that at least the refs and the public get a proper idea of what is going on.

Right now the advantages when time wasting are just too big.

the letting the ball run out of play obstruction

What actually are the rules on this? I've always been confused that defenders are allowed to do that, since I thought obstruction was illegal, but I've never seen obstruction fully defined. Either way it spoils potentially exciting points in games where defenders could be in a tricky spot but just go for the easy way out and the attacker can do absolutely nothing about it.

defoe 'goal' last season in the europa cup,the fifth offcial (behind the goal)told the ref it was offside.And thats the only time ive seen them do something,typical!!!

Back