• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Adebayor clearly has many flaws and infuriatingly rarely plays to his full, immense, potential but criticising him for being a former Gooner is as daft as holding it against Defoe that he grew up idolising Ian Wright.

v7ql41.jpg

The gooners are really bad shots aren't they? ;-)

The thing which has impressed me the most about Poch is that he is strong but incredibly dignified. No-one gets thrown under the bus, no-one gets called out, he isn't interested in furthering his reputation in the media and he has gone about dismantling a mentality which was grandfathered into the dressing room with real energy and verve; I'd say he is nearly halfway to where he wants to be. There is little doubt that he still wants to see more change with regards to the playing staff, but he is very good at managing what he has.
I think it comes down to opinions, and either people will agree with what they're seeing and like him too, or they will think he's not good enough. I think, personally, that if we can stick with him, Poch will bring us to not just a few trophies but the nucleus of a side which can genuinely become massive in the coming years. Levy needs to give him what he wants (he is reasonable) and we need to hope we can hold onto him.
Agreed 100%. I have been really impressed with the way that Poch has handled the squad this season and also kept any problems in house. It is really not an easy thing to do.

Although it was funny from our perspective i always thought that celebration was a bit of a disgrace tbh

Although it was funny from our perspective i always thought that celebration was a bit of a disgrace tbh

Exactly. These scum were paying his wages the year before and there he was rubbing it in their faces.
He doesn't give a **** about any of his clubs.

I am not the biggest Ade fan but tbh they were hardly showering him with praise previous to the goal. He is a person first, how do you expect him to react. You get abused all game from fans you gave everything for and then get "revenge".by getting a goal. It is natural to want to react. With all the abuse we gave Campbell, if he had scored against us, would you be so outraged if he celebrated against us.... it surely would be faux outrage tbf.

Exactly. These scum were paying his wages the year before and there he was rubbing it in their faces.

Just to be clear, it would have been a touch of class to not celebrate given the circumstances but players are people first and you cannot expect a player to always be the ideal role model, especially when you can't hear 1/4 of the abuse and they react in the heat of the moment, he also apologized after in an interview.

I would have done the same given the amount of abuse he got and so would a hell of a lot of others.

It's amazing how being a football fan turns you into a judgemental saint who never does wrong and can focus on the smallest mistakes a footballer makes on and off the pitch. But hey, they're paid a lot of money, they can't behave like humans....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Henry did the same to us. Adebayor did it to them after they sang derogatory songs about his parents. Completely understandable if he reacts. He shouldn't have reacted but I get why.

Same old tonight. Can't trap the ball, wanders far too much. At least our other strikers make the occasional run into the box.

I would have done the same given the amount of abuse he got and so would a hell of a lot of others.

It's amazing how being a football fan turns you into a judgemental saint who never does wrong and can focus on the smallest mistakes a footballer makes on and off the pitch. But hey, they're paid a lot of money, they can't behave like humans....

=D>=D>=D>

Well said. And the more vocal and repetitive and viscious you are about it, the more saintly and more rewarded you can be.

Last edited:
He is a joke.. on 100k a week.

The only way he could score would be a tap in or something like that.

He can hardly win a ball in the air..

He just seemed short of fitness in general and not at all ready to be playing football at this level.

Assuming that we cannot find a buyer and that there is no trouble behind the scenes, I think that Poch did the right thing playing him tonight. We have a lot of football to play between now and the end of the season and we are going to need to use the full squad.

Ade was absolutely fine tonight.

It's the Paulinho syndrome with this board. Ade was no worse than the entire team which just didn't click tonight, but he's getting singled out for snagging that he simply doesn't deserve. Very poor.

Assuming that we cannot find a buyer and that there is no trouble behind the scenes, I think that Poch did the right thing playing him tonight. We have a lot of football to play between now and the end of the season and we are going to need to use the full squad.

Also, to make him captain was an interesting move by Poch, he gives players chances when most of us have written them off. It is easy to buy, replace, buy, replace but tbf Poch has given most players every chance to show they belong here.

Ade was absolutely fine tonight.

It's the Paulinho syndrome with this board. Ade was no worse than the entire team which just didn't click tonight, but he's getting singled out for snagging that he simply doesn't deserve. Very poor.

Yep, and where is the Davies thread? Down on page 10 probably.

He just seemed short of fitness in general and not at all ready to be playing football at this level.
Short of fitness?

If only he had some kind of job he could have been turning up for over the last few months that could have kept him fit ;)

Also, to make him captain was an interesting move by Poch, he gives players chances when most of us have written them off. It is easy to buy, replace, buy, replace but tbf Poch has given most players every chance to show they belong here.

He is the vice captain. No real choice but to make him captain, or it would have looked stranger.

He seems Ade has been told to stay central, i guess to allow Kane to take up the number 10 role, i actually think Ade plays better when he drifts, id say its one of them not both based on tonight. But with the number of games coming up id start Ade saturday and give Kane a rest, maybe on the bench if needed

Back